Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake token in wallet - page 7. (Read 1568 times)

Activity: 1297
Merit: 126
August 30, 2021, 04:54:34 PM
Don't connect your wallet to an untrusted source. Don't play with unknown smart contract coins that you don't know why it was on your wallet. That's the basic thing you can do to protect yourself over the dangerous attempt to hack your wallets.
More importantly, never share your seed phrase to fully protect your wallet.
Anyway, I don’t mind those dead tokens or even the fake one in my wallet because its useless and its not worth it to send it to any address just to clean your own wallet, fees are not worth it for that so better not to focus on that at all.
Activity: 447
Merit: 11
Koinomo
August 30, 2021, 04:52:48 PM
I have some fake tokens in my wallet and until now my assets are still safe, nothing happened to my wallet, I know they send random tokens to all wallets just for promotion, not for hacking. maybe those who lost assets due to connecting to some scammers sites
no need to remove tokens from wallet because we still have to issue gas
if you're really worried, just create a new wallet and transfer the valuable tokens
Activity: 396
Merit: 106
August 30, 2021, 02:38:40 PM
Don't connect your wallet to an untrusted source. Don't play with unknown smart contract coins that you don't know why it was on your wallet. That's the basic thing you can do to protect yourself over the dangerous attempt to hack your wallets.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 165
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 30, 2021, 12:21:19 PM
I just don't understand why people will create token and be distributing it to various wallets, are they sending it for free? Are they not affected by the gas consumed?
I have most of the listed tokens and I have be ignorance enough to swap one of them and I end up losing gas worth 1.4$. After then I have not and will not make the mistake of swapping an un known token seen in my wallet. What worries me most is how are they always able to send to different wallets as soon as a transaction just occur in the wallet. It does not take more than a minute for the token to arrive at ones wallet with recent transaction.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
August 30, 2021, 11:58:46 AM
I have some in my BSC wallet, I don't know where they came from, I tried to research if the tokens were a gift from the airdrop I participated in but they didn't, it just appeared in my wallet, and after I found out if it wasn't what I was doing , I ignore all the tokens that have no clear origin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
August 30, 2021, 10:07:43 AM
Tokens that received without bounty or airdrops should be avoided as dust tokens for the possibility of wallet hack. BSC tokens transaction being for cheap, many scammer, hackers are sending shit tokens for DUST Attack. If innocent users want to sell and provide identity/ key/backup, their wallets will be hacked. This year, we are receiving regular fake tokens, OP has included few of them. Be sure before adding any tokens in your wallet or sell tokens from original source of information.
actually, if we look at these tokens we can avoid the theft of our assets. in the process of claiming on the exchange before the actual swap, we are asked to unlock locked tokens at a fairly large fee. maybe those who don't realize it is like a transaction fee but actually it is a door for us to send BNB in a certain amount.
if we don't approve I think it will be safe for our wallet.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
August 30, 2021, 09:55:56 AM
Tokens that received without bounty or airdrops should be avoided as dust tokens for the possibility of wallet hack. BSC tokens transaction being for cheap, many scammer, hackers are sending shit tokens for DUST Attack. If innocent users want to sell and provide identity/ key/backup, their wallets will be hacked. This year, we are receiving regular fake tokens, OP has included few of them. Be sure before adding any tokens in your wallet or sell tokens from original source of information.
Activity: 733
Merit: 100
August 29, 2021, 03:15:44 AM
never respond to the token, make transactions or anything. these tokens usually behave like garbage. just send randomly to many wallets for promotional media. but promotions are detrimental and it's not good for us to follow because it will only make us lose
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
August 29, 2021, 10:49:31 AM
I also received some of these tokens. But I did not add these to the main wallet. Because I know I didn't buy these or get them from any airdrop. So I never tried to swap these. These shit tokens are sent for advertisement purposes. It is better to stay away from these tokens.
some already have Fake Phishing in the contract address.
of course, trash tokens as already mentioned will do nothing for us.
but for those who are new, must be very interested because the price on the exchange is quite high.

Activity: 364
Merit: 12
August 29, 2021, 10:38:26 AM
I also received some of these tokens. But I did not add these to the main wallet. Because I know I didn't buy these or get them from any airdrop. So I never tried to swap these. These shit tokens are sent for advertisement purposes. It is better to stay away from these tokens.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
August 29, 2021, 09:16:48 AM
No one is exempted even me. They’ve usually targeted those wallets with decent amount of coins or tokens in their possession no matter if it’s ERC20, BSC, TRC20, etc. Actually during the first time I’ve received that amount of fake coin, I’m as excited but I did my own research and found out that it was another modus attempt called the “Honeypot Scam”. You might wanna Google that.

One of my close friends was a victim of a honeypot scam. He received a fake coin called Airstack and immediately tried to exchange it to Pancakeswap. But it was a trap. In the end, both his ETH and BNB are gone. He got nothing else to do but learn and move on from it.

I just simply ignore these fake coins or tokens and let them stay in my wallet.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 2
I WANTED EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY
August 29, 2021, 09:10:22 AM
A type of new SCAM BE AWARE In the recent time i had received a lot of fake coin in the wallet and their value is pretty amazing but when i do research how to withdrawal these coin then i came to know that's the type of new SCAM they are saying to connect the wallet from their site  i repeatedly Say never connect your MAIN WALLET to anyone of the untrusted site your fully wallet can get hacked same think happening here
At Last i wanted to say We aware and never connect you wallet to any untrusted site
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
August 29, 2021, 07:56:11 AM
...I think we can't remove them from our wallet, there is only one solution, just ignore these coins and never try to swap them or never connect your wallet on any unsecure site, which promise to swap these tokens for usdt.

A good solution for this is credit cards issued by exchanges in conjunction with payment systems. Thus, the coins that you keep in your wallet are debited. And in the future, when the coins arrive in the wallet, they are automatically transferred to the wallet of scammers.
Activity: 1302
August 28, 2021, 07:54:58 PM
All the coins you mentioned are deposited in my wallet as garbage coins . In fact, it is a kind of annoying phenomenon because all these coins do not show any value, but the wallet comes and lengthens the list of coins.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
August 28, 2021, 07:05:34 PM
Many people are currently losing some tokens from their wallets or unknowingly getting stuck in another wallet. Have we ever wondered why this is happening from someone's wallet? The main reason is hack. Hackers are banging the tokens through their surveillance. Any small amount or big. If you ever notice some tokens in your wallet that are being added without your knowledge.I'm going to swap or sell your token without thinking about where the token came from. Never do that. Because hackers put their tokens in your wallet and when you go to swap or sell the token without seeing the token, hackers like the token. Remove from your wallet. Some tokens that you will never swap or sell-

*ALPACAFIN.CO... (ALPACA)
*BestAir.io (AIR)
*BNBW.IO (BNBW)
* BSCTOKEN.IO (BSCTOK...)
*GoFlux.io (FLUX)
* Minereum BSC (MNEB)
*ShibaDrop.io (SHIB)
*TheEver.io (EVER)
*AirStack.net (AIR)
*TheVera.io (VERA)

original post local section: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57751830

Is there any way to remove these tokens from the wallet?
Yes we have seen that our wallet has all these coins. All of these books just put up with and look a lot awkward in our college.Coins will never be exchanged, just keep with them.It is better not to give token wallet of all these scam projects.
Activity: 926
August 28, 2021, 02:50:25 PM
I also have some of these tokens. They appeared in the wallet, but I just don't pay attention to them. I know what tokens I earned or bought, everything else is just rubbish.
Tokens that appear automatically in everyone's wallets are pure trash, and you can't even transfer them to any exchange, even if you do a transfer, only the transaction fee is reduced in your wallet, while the token is still in your wallet.
Activity: 1380
Merit: 1
August 28, 2021, 02:39:35 PM
Yes already i saw last tow days ago that there are three tokens in my wallet but i don't know. Those tokens are fake tokens and have the possibility to hack my wallet that is why to prevent it i normally don't click on it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
August 28, 2021, 01:02:17 PM
I also have some of these tokens. They appeared in the wallet, but I just don't pay attention to them. I know what tokens I earned or bought, everything else is just rubbish.
Activity: 812
August 28, 2021, 10:52:22 AM

I also received some fake tokens sent in my wallet, for me this is very annoying because it pollutes the wallet I have. but what makes me wonder, when did the fake token enter my bsc wallet?, why is it not in the Eth wallet?

The fake token has been sent on bsc network, thats why it stored on your bsc wallet, not eth wallet.
The best thing we can do is just leave it in our wallet, don't move it unless it worth hundreds $ to sell.
I remember there is a dusting attack on bitcoin network, but i don't know if that is the same attack with this.
Activity: 463
August 28, 2021, 05:00:20 AM
Afaik they can't cost you more than the fees you pay to attempt to swap it unless they have access to your machine or something.
Such tokens are usually sent for advertising purposes and you won't lose anything other than the transaction fee when swapping them. But that hasn't always been the case.
Read the following article for more information.

Creative attacker steals $76,000 in RUNE by giving out free tokens

Well I taught as much, tho i got few of them in my wallet which got me wondering how come there got to my wallet, due to my kind of person i hardly give a damn about  such things because it's just worthless, so for me I would just let it be there since it's useless till i find a way to get rid of them from my wallet. People should try to learn that anything which is too good to be true is likely to be scam so it would be better to avoid them instead of to loose the one you got while trying to gain free money.
Pages:
Jump to: