Pages:
Author

Topic: Fiat Vs Cryptocurrency, which would you choose? - page 2. (Read 3811 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
I'm a big supporter of cryptocurrency right now but I would rather choose fiat for now.

Lets accept it. Not all establishments are accepting crypto for some reasons hence, people including me are using fiat currency as a mode of payment to buy some things either online or offline. What I'm doing is I'm converting my Bitcoins into my our own currency and will use it to buy things.

I believe that cryptocurrency's adoption will increase in the next years though but for now, I will choose fiat in terms of usage.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Both fiat and crypto are equally important my preference is tilted towards cryptos while I am also taking in recognition of fiat for petty daily buying of stuffs, I will only utilize crypto as store of value which had eliminated any third party and the conviniency in it usage is a plus to me although it is prone to hacking.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
I have recently been quite curious about the many debates about which currency is better.
  Many people say that they will choose Crypto because it is convenient and creates a common currency, bringing equality to all countries.
And some people choose Fiat money because they've been used to using it for decades and now they have credit cards and wallet payment apps online, so why do you need crypto?
Which side do you think is right? I want to hear from you sincerely.

Even though we believe bitcoin is kind of a digital revolution, we still need fiat currency, it is still the most reliable and efficient to use when we are buying something online. I still see btc as an investment as of now. I never heard about btc from my government so its still surprising when a shop or a local store accepts btc payment. Most of the people are not even aware about it, if they heard it before, they see it as a scam or just a currency used in illegal things. It will be a long way for crypto. If we will choose when it comes to efficient currency, fiat is still the best choice.
Activity: 23
Merit: 3
In terms of investments I guess crypto is better. But in day to day bases you really need fiat for sure especially crypto is not recognized all over the world and in convenience. But surely time will come crypto especially bitcoin will be known to the world not because it is illegal but most recognized and strong one.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
I preffered both fiat and cryptocurrency because they both have a good use to me. Even most of my profit are in cryptocurrency or in my crypto wallet, I still used fiat in exchange of goods and services since my country still did not accept bitcoin as a legal cureency I still convert my bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies into fiat.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 268
We need both at work but the demand for crypto is high As long as crypto exists I don't think anyone will leave Bitcoin Bitcoin investment is higher than Fiat's Investing in Fiat currency is a bit difficult so I will choose Crypto for investment. 99% of people prefer crypto But we have to be accustomed to investing in both currencies It is difficult to say which one will give profit and when.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
Both are my preference:
FIAT 15% and Cryptocurrency 85%. So, I keep my finances is the most honest thing I can say. I do not know if it has happened to you but since I know about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies it is a world that I do not want to leave.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
It is too early to raise the question in this way. The national currency of states and cryptocurrency have their advantages and disadvantages. Cryptocurrency still does not have a completely independent circulation. And it is hardly worth relying only on cryptocurrency. It would be wiser to use all types of currency at the same time, depending on the specific tasks that confront us.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
If Bitcoin is legalized everywhere, I will definitely go with it.

The thing here is that Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies and fiat are like a combo for now.

Trading, investing, they do not stay on the boat of just one, we put ourselves on these both boats in order to get a good profit in the near future. If we will just be focussing on one, we will not be able to use that profit since we all know not all of the countries will be accepting cryptos. Some leaders hate it, some like the idea of it and want to use it in a longer period of time. For me, I can't use Bitcoin every day, I also need to rely on Bitcoin's exchange on fiat since not all of the stores would even accept it, I will not choose but use these two.
It's true that some governments are against with cryptocurrency and that is the reason why up until now we are using fiat, they both have advantages but we all know that using cryptocurrency is less hassle that's why most of us prefer on using it than fiat. On the other hand, some people from rural areas are does not even know that a digital currency existed. It will be difficult for them to understand on how it works because they grew up using fiat as a currency and without using technology, well unless there is someone who's willing to enlighten them about it. It isn't bad using both because they are both beneficial to us, also it's a matter of preferences.

Let's be honest though.

Bitcoin may be a good way to pay since there will be a lot of efficiencies it will bring to us but also remember that there are other payment methods that people will approach even before they will know what Bitcoin is. In terms of those people in rural places, you can't really blame them since they are more focussed on generating profits than knowing what Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are. It is not that they are that ignorant, it is just that life in rural is so simple and they think that is enough for them.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Why we should choose which one better? Since no perfect currency, we need both of them. Crypto offers a modern concept of the financial system. Well, it provides more privacy, fast transaction, lower fees, and a wider range for the transaction. But it still has limitations and weaknesses to be an ideal currency, ex: requires Internet network, unstable rates, high volatility, and problem on the legality. While fiats are more applicable and proven to use for years. It is also supporting by all countries in the world. With these matters, I'm not sure to choose one of them.

In our current times, there is really no reason whether you choose crypto over fiat because in reality, you still have to use your fiat to go by your daily life. So there's no point of choosing crypto if you can't use it, right? Also, very few percentage of population have the knowledge to access crypto, so I don't think fiat will be replaced by crypto anytime soon. There are so many things that come with it as well. We don't even have the go signal for most of the governments.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
Why we should choose which one better? Since no perfect currency, we need both of them. Crypto offers a modern concept of the financial system. Well, it provides more privacy, fast transaction, lower fees, and a wider range for the transaction. But it still has limitations and weaknesses to be an ideal currency, ex: requires Internet network, unstable rates, high volatility, and problem on the legality. While fiats are more applicable and proven to use for years. It is also supporting by all countries in the world. With these matters, I'm not sure to choose one of them.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
I like how cryptocurrency changes everything and made a huge development in our technology but fiat is more reliable than having a digital asset.

Fiat is somehow used to have good economics through the circulation of money in the bank that gives the ability to control our economic rate.

Cryptocurrency is different, now, it's being used on the investment side, for us to grow our money. Cryptocurrency in a payment method is just one of the applications of it.

Activity: 560
Merit: 14
I do used fiat for my daily needs and transactions. For future plans and benefits am more of using crypto for that. Nobody can ascertain what the future holds for us about crypto. Am beginning to invest in crypto for future purposes
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
I would go with both, because it is better to share the risk of losing value. Currently, I would divide all my saving into 2/3 Fiat and 1/3 cryptocurrency. Simply because fiat is used more widely. You can pay with fiat everywhere, but to be able to pay in crypto it is better to double check map and https://coinatmradar.com/. I'm still a bit scared to spend crypto, but I dont have (so far) clear understanding how much will be the transaction/network fee, how much will be the total sum, and still recalculate it into fiat to see what is more cheaper - use crypto or pay in fiat.

It is currently impossible to live without Fiat, because very few goods and services can be directly paid for with cryptocurrency. But if you have a main job, I would recommend not selling cryptocurrency now, but reinvesting it to increase its quantity.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
If I had the chance I would pick crypto all the way, that is the reason why I am here, I do not like fiat at all since it is controlled by the government and governments have agendas that do not consider me at all. They only care about themselves, they care about their votes, they care about their friends that owns companies, they do not care about the public at all. Hence why I do not want to use fiat at all. Which is why I spend bitcoin whenever I can and try to not be on fiat as much as I can.

Unfortunately the downside of being in crypto all the time as much as you can is the volatility, sometimes I earn some money and that goes down in value a lot, when the price drops, but the good side is you could have moments where your money doubles out of nowhere as well.
Activity: 49
Merit: 2
As an investment, I will choose cryptocurrency... as for payment I will choose fiat, but then should crypto come to gain widespread acceptance, crypto payment is bad. for the future, I will stick with crypto in both instances. convenient and safe.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1207
I would go with both, because it is better to share the risk of losing value. Currently, I would divide all my saving into 2/3 Fiat and 1/3 cryptocurrency. Simply because fiat is used more widely. You can pay with fiat everywhere, but to be able to pay in crypto it is better to double check map and https://coinatmradar.com/. I'm still a bit scared to spend crypto, but I dont have (so far) clear understanding how much will be the transaction/network fee, how much will be the total sum, and still recalculate it into fiat to see what is more cheaper - use crypto or pay in fiat.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
I will be choosing fiat as long as there will be merchants that dont support crypto
Well, I'm pretty sure that is what going on for the rest of us here. Since the scalability of bitcoin or crypto in general is not so big yet, people those who are willing to harness it more got no options. I really love the concept of bitcoin technology, it is so futuristic Cheesy. However, the majority are still not into it most especially government and banks.

So for now, I will just lie in the middle. I like bitcoin but I still need fiat on the other hand.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I am a fan of cryptocurrency and I believe that cryptocurrency is the future of the digital economy. Already in the world stores are open offering their services in cryptocurrency; Paying at these stores is easy and convenient. Cryptocurrency has many advantages over paper money, so it can improve the economy of any country.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
Right now i need the both but i need fiat more now and i will buy crypto little by little.  Cryptocurrency is an investment for the future

I understand that you will need a fiat when you are retired) You should always leave a second plan for a rainy day, because the government will not pay you social payments in cryptocurrency. And today we have other tasks to use cryptocurrency in order to increase your profit in fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: