Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 48. (Read 47218 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi all,

I have noticed that my MSI 1070 clocks back to standard settings at random but usually after 12 hours or so.
Did anyone else notice the same issue ?

Clocks please?

Tdp
Core
Ram
Fan
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hi all,

I have noticed that my MSI 1070 clocks back to standard settings at random but usually after 12 hours or so.

What version do you have and what OC settings you have?

I use the MSI 1070 Gaming X 8g and had just once the issue when i went a bit too far with undervoltage (to the wrong profile after switch to other coin mining) - the system did a reset on the GPU and it was back on default settings.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
I am going to have to look into these wallet options yall are talking about. I received a letter recently informing me that i reached the limit in my account in BTC received that requires them to report my account tax purposes... which blew my mind.. I think it would be safer for me to leave my main stash in another wallet and just transfer in funds when i want to use them.....
legendary

OK - downloading 0.14.2 now - I am tempted to start fresh but blockchain is at least 150GB now... that would take days of downloading.

Good read and guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20053822

Why not a simple electrum wallet ?

Some say  if there is a fork  and you have core 14 you will have coins on both sides of the fork.

electrum may do this so it could be good.

as for slow  the  0.14.2 core  loads fast on an empty window 10 build if  you use a 500gb ssd an i5 and 16gb ram

A fully new wallet will build in under 16 hours.

I know I did just that.  You can then clone the ssd onto a spinner 1tb hdd with hdd raw copy.

You're right Phil. Since setting up 0.14.2 last night, i only have 9 more hours to go on a normal WD Blue 1TB HDD.
I did this on my very old T1700 Dell workstation 16GB Xeon E3-1225.

My laptop does 6 weeks per 24 hours Sad
Laptop is now running nonstop over 5 days Sad

Where did you get bootstrap from ?
Thanks

I did search here for 0.14.2 and started downloading about 1 1/2 hours ago. As of now it has 36 hours left on this 6 year old laptop.

Thats about right.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

OK - downloading 0.14.2 now - I am tempted to start fresh but blockchain is at least 150GB now... that would take days of downloading.

Some say  if there is a fork  and you have core 14 you will have coins on both sides of the fork.

as for slow  the  0.14.2 core  loads fast on an empty window 10 build if  you use a 500gb ssd an i5 and 16gb ram

I know I did just that.  You can then clone the ssd onto a spinner 1tb hdd with hdd raw copy.

You're right Phil. Since setting up 0.14.2 last night, i only have 9 more hours to go on a normal WD Blue 1TB HDD.

Thanks

I did search here for 0.14.2 and started downloading about 1 1/2 hours ago. As of now it has 36 hours left on this 6 year old laptop.
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hi all,

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

sometimes that happens .

I have also seen 1080 ti's clock core at   250 for a month then never do over 225 for core   on zec .

Since stability is king for me I do zec at 200 and no longer try to go higher.

most of my gear is at the solar array and driving 6 mile round trip to re-set the  gear sucks

This quote belongs to phil in the previous thread.

Mate, if you got any different model of nvidia card on that rig remove it and place all of them of the same. I bought a few weeks ago another TI which belongs to another company and my rig was crashing all time. It was due to this card which wasn't even able to handle half of the clock OC.
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Thanks
Im glad to see a lot of purchase orders happening on btc, pushing the price up some.. was getting worried their for a while, i moved my couple of K of BTC from my coinbase account out and into Bitconnect lending when it spiked up to $2,000. local friend got me interested in bitconnect and because your payouts are in USD, you are not affected by the btc value dropping, you only have to fight that battle when you go to remove the money, because you have to convert it from your internal USD wallet, into BCC and withdraw it then or transfer it again into BTC and then withdraw it.. granted you do pay transaction fees twice getting it out (Which is ingenious on their half).. but it really not a lot of money, just a few bucks.. after seeing what it cost my friend to remove $1000 of his earnings back to coinbase...

Im going to follow what he is doing, he only has 1 mining rig, which is 4 x 1080ti's... he moved his payouts from coinbase to his bitconnect wallet for his mining payouts. He earns between $50-115/day off his bitconnect earnings, which he is doing a 50/50 so far with. Each time his account hits $2000 in earnings, he is re-investing $1010 (for the bonus payout tier), and removing $990 back to his coinbase account to spend with his shift card. He told me he is doing this tell he gets back 100% of his initial investment, then after that he plans to just re-invest 100% of earnings+minings and only remove money to his coinbase account when he needs money to spend.... since all my money i just put into bitconnect is mining income from the few months i have been mining.. i just going to re-invest 100% off the start and ride out the Aug 1st stuff, because bitconnect already mentioned they will be supporting both of the BTC's old legacy and new version once its stable and on main exchanges...

If anyone has interest in it and want to help a fellow board member out, my link is https://bitconnect.co/?ref=Storxusmc
My BTC wallet right now is empty tell i get payouts from mining, but when i do if you sign up under me and do any lending, ill pass $5 worth of btc your way for helping me out on referral, but PLEASE do not risk what you cant loose into this, the payout earnings just seem way to high and after researching into it more i understand more how they can afford to payout that much, but i am still personally concerned. So i ask if your not in need of the money and want to take the risk the past year of payouts has been consistent, but if its money you need to pay your bills please do not risk it. I am personally taking a risk on this because my friend has been doing really well with it and already made back 1/3rd of the money he invested into it. I am not in dire need of the BTC i had already mined, so i am taking the gamble on this over seeing how the Aug1st stuff will go.. as the market is kinda in a giant scare at the moment. I just wish i would have been able to invest my money into this program back when it was around $2500, just my luck i was locked out of coinbase from breaking my phone Sad

Bitfinex has this and I had 1 btc out in loans back in June 2016 they were robbed or they robbed us.
Point is this could happen to you be very careful.

Ya, im scared myself... just taking a huge risk on it.. just the value of the coin is staying solid, its the 12th most valuable coin currently and after watching the live chart of the trader bot they use trading throughout the day i decided to take the gamble.. hell all of this crypto stuff is a gamble.. none of it is set in stone.... heck i didnt think BTC would be back over 2100 tell after Aug 1.... but that has already prooved me wrong
i may loose my ass on this, but ill keep everyone informed as i journey through this
legendary
Im glad to see a lot of purchase orders happening on btc, pushing the price up some.. was getting worried their for a while, i moved my couple of K of BTC from my coinbase account out and into Bitconnect lending when it spiked up to $2,000. local friend got me interested in bitconnect and because your payouts are in USD, you are not affected by the btc value dropping, you only have to fight that battle when you go to remove the money, because you have to convert it from your internal USD wallet, into BCC and withdraw it then or transfer it again into BTC and then withdraw it.. granted you do pay transaction fees twice getting it out (Which is ingenious on their half).. but it really not a lot of money, just a few bucks.. after seeing what it cost my friend to remove $1000 of his earnings back to coinbase...

Im going to follow what he is doing, he only has 1 mining rig, which is 4 x 1080ti's... he moved his payouts from coinbase to his bitconnect wallet for his mining payouts. He earns between $50-115/day off his bitconnect earnings, which he is doing a 50/50 so far with. Each time his account hits $2000 in earnings, he is re-investing $1010 (for the bonus payout tier), and removing $990 back to his coinbase account to spend with his shift card. He told me he is doing this tell he gets back 100% of his initial investment, then after that he plans to just re-invest 100% of earnings+minings and only remove money to his coinbase account when he needs money to spend.... since all my money i just put into bitconnect is mining income from the few months i have been mining.. i just going to re-invest 100% off the start and ride out the Aug 1st stuff, because bitconnect already mentioned they will be supporting both of the BTC's old legacy and new version once its stable and on main exchanges...

If anyone has interest in it and want to help a fellow board member out, my link is https://bitconnect.co/?ref=Storxusmc
My BTC wallet right now is empty tell i get payouts from mining, but when i do if you sign up under me and do any lending, ill pass $5 worth of btc your way for helping me out on referral, but PLEASE do not risk what you cant loose into this, the payout earnings just seem way to high and after researching into it more i understand more how they can afford to payout that much, but i am still personally concerned. So i ask if your not in need of the money and want to take the risk the past year of payouts has been consistent, but if its money you need to pay your bills please do not risk it. I am personally taking a risk on this because my friend has been doing really well with it and already made back 1/3rd of the money he invested into it. I am not in dire need of the BTC i had already mined, so i am taking the gamble on this over seeing how the Aug1st stuff will go.. as the market is kinda in a giant scare at the moment. I just wish i would have been able to invest my money into this program back when it was around $2500, just my luck i was locked out of coinbase from breaking my phone Sad

Bitfinex has this and I had 1 btc out in loans back in June 2016 they were robbed or they robbed us.
Point is this could happen to you be very careful.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
You don't need to use core full node if you don't want to.

Just make sure your light wallets gives you the private key then you will be good, no matter what all you need is private key.  Then if it splits which is unlikely, I mean why split btc when after 2+ years we finally have a scaling solution... Just load your private key into core or a light wallet that has both chains.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Subbing again
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I think prices will continue to decrease until we get close to the end of July.

Maybe the middle of August, when we know the main chain of bitcoin exists.

I hope BIP148 will be majority within 24hours after 1st August

So far, there is not much miner support for it.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

legendary
Depending on what kind of account you have linked; you could do 10k/day through coinbase...  I haven't ever done big buys, but over time with enough separate buys, my limit was increased to 10k...

Look for local BTC atm's.... Like at a mall.  They exist in greater numbers now.

Or,  do a buy from a member here that is trusted.

Many options to procure BTC.

Even on yobit I'll be selling some BTC for USD and putting a purchase order at a low value.... Just in case it tanks....

Same win coinbase edax.

I am 25k buy 50k sell.  Not that I would be buying 25k worth. Wife would be pissed.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Depending on what kind of account you have linked; you could do 10k/day through coinbase...  I haven't ever done big buys, but over time with enough separate buys, my limit was increased to 10k...

Look for local BTC atm's.... Like at a mall.  They exist in greater numbers now.

Or,  do a buy from a member here that is trusted.

Many options to procure BTC.

Even on yobit I'll be selling some BTC for USD and putting a purchase order at a low value.... Just in case it tanks....

Same win coinbase edax.
legendary
I really wish i could do something with my coinbase account, i wanted to be in a position to purchase coins as they bottom out.. but i am still locked out of my account 7 days after submitting a ticket... hate that their is no phone number to call...

In regards to purchasing coins, is there other means that are better at getting USD ready to purchase coins outside of coinbase? i signed up for a few sites, but they are limited to like $250 a week.. coinbase is the only one i have up to $2000 limit on

I sent you a pm.
Pages:
Jump to: