Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 46. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

If you hash small hash - you will see the reward getting longer and longer very soon.

But in the end, isn't it the same ?

erm no definitely not. let me put it in simple example

say for example eth price would be 200 now
each day you genererate 1 eth for the whole month, you get get 30 eth for this month

your income would be 200 x 30 = 6000
but with difficulty increasing like mad next month it takes 2 days to generate 1 eth assuming eth price is still the same

so you would only get 15 eth

your income would be 200 x 15 = 3000

big difference there mate, and thats assuming price of eth is still the same. if price goes up then voila the uptick in price will compensate a bit for difficulty.

What if the price of eth drops ...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

If you hash small hash - you will see the reward getting longer and longer very soon.

But in the end, isn't it the same ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

[/quote]

What I don't understand is why leaving the usual pools ? as far as I understand, with the difficulty increase, to get the same reward you need more time, so you just get it later, and the next one will probably longer (let's say you keep the payout amount the same in pool's settings).
Isn't it the same with NH ? the time needed to reach an expected payout will increase the same , no?

Or do you mean that the difficulty might go up before you get the reward, so you have to send more hash to get the same reward  ?

In that case, it would be a very bad idea to split between different pools, or differents addresses ? Do you confirm ?
[/quote]

Nicehash buyers use your hash not only ETH only, but many other Ethash coins, ie. ETC, UBIQ, DBIX etc

If you have big hash - then no issues

Sad to say that you need at least 1GHs now to make ETH worth to mine.... anything less than that will be just to tough.

Citronick,
Are you talking about ethpool only?
Or others pools too ? (like dwarf and etheremin)

One of my fellow farmers with a small 1.4 Ghs farm has just gave up and switched to Nicehash to rent out his ETH hash for BTC.

What is the reason for such a switch ? I don't understand.

You need larger hash to mine because of the difficulty levels towards epoch #150... maybe not a problem for the big farms but if you have only a couple of rigs 750mhs-1ghs farm... you need to wait longer for your rewards.... and diff level is getting worse. This applies to all ETH pools...

Rationale:
Switching to the other Ethash coins could be a better bet but you need a hold strategy and accumulate those coins (eg. UBIQ, DBIX).... OR easiest way is get BTC upfront by selling your hash to buyers at Nicehash, and forget about keeping track of all these coins.

What I don't understand is why leaving the usual pools ? as far as I understand, with the difficulty increase, to get the same reward you need more time, so you just get it later, and the next one will probably longer (let's say you keep the payout amount the same in pool's settings).
Isn't it the same with NH ? the time needed to reach an expected payout will increase the same , no?

Or do you mean that the difficulty might go up before you get the reward, so you have to send more hash to get the same reward  ?

In that case, it would be a very bad idea to split between different pools, or differents addresses ? Do you confirm ?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Sad to say that you need at least 1GHs now to make ETH worth to mine.... anything less than that will be just to tough.

Citronick,

One of my fellow farmers with a small 1.4 Ghs farm has just gave up and switched to Nicehash to rent out his ETH hash for BTC.

You need larger hash to mine because of the difficulty levels towards epoch #150... maybe not a problem for the big farms but if you have only a couple of rigs 750mhs-1ghs farm... you need to wait longer for your rewards.... and diff level is getting worse. This applies to all ETH pools...

Rationale:
Switching to the other Ethash coins could be a better bet but you need a hold strategy and accumulate those coins (eg. UBIQ, DBIX).... OR easiest way is get BTC upfront by selling your hash to buyers at Nicehash, and forget about keeping track of all these coins.

Citronick,

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I'm pretty up to speed on gpu mining, etc, but the ASIC stuff is pretty foreign to me.  Help me understand the value in purchasing a Bitmain D3 X11.  Quick search looks like can mine DASH?  Are you able to flip it around to other coins or are ASIC built mainly for one coin.   Sorry for the noob question.

It would only be able to mine X11 coins.  There are a few different coins that are X11 but DASH is the most notable at the moment.

My group has a 25GHs X11 farm. 99% Baikal powered farm. Its mining DASH otherwise it will mine in/out of Nicehash when rentals are high.

We are very pleased with it because it is very well built, multi-algo, low powered, good technical support etc.

We were lucky that this investment was done before the DA$H craze and we quickly ROI the entire farm in less than 3 months.

As far as Bitmain is concerned, my group has S7, S9 and L3+ with them.

I would say support the other guys and dont let Bitmain monopolize ASIC market.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Also whats everybody's thoughts on the new Bitmain D3 X11 miner?

Nice specs, but X11 coins are such a small market and already have 3 companies that have/make ASIC for it so I'm rather shocked Bitmain decided to enter it.

Baikal folks are probably going to be OK since their miners don't JUST do X11, iBLink and Pinaldea folks are going to get squeezed pretty hard.

DASH is about the only X11 coin that has ever been worth anything (especially back in the DarkCoin days when it was the ONLY X11 coin), and even it isn't REAL big cap.

I suspect Bitmain has seen S9/R4/T9 sales drop quite a bit, or they wouldn't be bothering with altcoin ASIC miner making to fill up their available foundry space for chipmaking.

But the X11 ASIC will just be a small fraction of the SHA256? Does it make any difference for Bitmain?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Nice specs, but X11 coins are such a small market and already have 3 companies that have/make ASIC for it so I'm rather shocked Bitmain decided to enter it.

Baikal folks are probably going to be OK since their miners don't JUST do X11, iBLink and Pinaldea folks are going to get squeezed pretty hard.

DASH is about the only X11 coin that has ever been worth anything (especially back in the DarkCoin days when it was the ONLY X11 coin), and even it isn't REAL big cap.

I suspect Bitmain has seen S9/R4/T9 sales drop quite a bit, or they wouldn't be bothering with altcoin ASIC miner making to fill up their available foundry space for chipmaking.

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
I'm pretty up to speed on gpu mining, etc, but the ASIC stuff is pretty foreign to me.  Help me understand the value in purchasing a Bitmain D3 X11.  Quick search looks like can mine DASH?  Are you able to flip it around to other coins or are ASIC built mainly for one coin.   Sorry for the noob question.

It would only be able to mine X11 coins.  There are a few different coins that are X11 but DASH is the most notable at the moment.
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi guys, I value greatly all your opinions and I have learnt a lot from all of you posting in phil's threads, and from phil especially. I wanted to ask you something, I have opened an order twice by mistake on today's D3 antminer sale, payed one in full and just seen that the other one it still is available to pay but it says:

Unpaid
Unshipped
Expired

will it be okay if I pay this order? Anyone had this situation? Thanks.

most likely  it will go through.

one exceptions is  if coins did a big shift in your favor.

If you are charged  2 coins  worth  4700 at 1 pm

You wait  4 hours   5pm and pay the 2 coins when they are worth  only 4500  they may fuck with you.

Since you past the time to pay and waited for coins to be in your favor.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Hi guys, I value greatly all your opinions and I have learnt a lot from all of you posting in phil's threads, and from phil especially. I wanted to ask you something, I have opened an order twice by mistake on today's D3 antminer sale, payed one in full and just seen that the other one it still is available to pay but it says:

Unpaid
Unshipped
Expired

will it be okay if I pay this order? Anyone had this situation? Thanks.
legendary
Ok thank you , what does that imply for miners ?
Especially small ones.

I would consider selling all my rx 470' rx 480's rx 570's rx 580's

hold the btc in a core 0.14.2 wallet and decide what to do in about 30 days.

if unwilling to do that

sell all my rx 470's
rx 480's rx 570;s rx 580's

put ½ in a core wallet and cash ½ hold  the cash and btc  for about 30 days

if unwilling to do that

sell all my rx 470's
all my rx 480's
all my rx 570's
all my rx 580's

put ⅓ into cash
put ⅓ into btc in a core wallet
put ⅓ into zec on an exchange.

we are seeing a fundamental change in btc 's structural protocol .
we are promised a big change in eth .

be careful and be ready to move  when needed.
legendary
the reason i ask if it was a rip-off was the process of selling it, i bought into silver and gold a few years back when it was lower, but it seemed i couldnt even remotely close to the asking price for the metal selling it when i needed the funds for something. It was like 5+% loss on the selling of it compared to market prices at the time...

I buy and sell silver only on eBay.

Weirdly enough it is an item that buyers don't find so easy to rob you.

Worst thing to sell on eBay is a pc,buyers tend to return them a lot with parts missing.  It is very hard to win a claim if they pull a ssd out of the gear and claim the machine does not boot.

Good things to sell are

intel cpus

a hard drive

silver bars with a serial number.

Selling them on eBay has worked well for me.

@ generalt  good to know.

I may buy forever stamps.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
I know you're looking to spend your ebay bucks Phil, but if you ever wanted to get precious metals jmbullion.com accepts BTC payments.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Does anyone know if the segwit testing went good? i heard a rumor that the segwit test proved extremely successful, so the hardfork is not even going to happen come Aug 1st
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
the reason i ask if it was a rip-off was the process of selling it, i bought into silver and gold a few years back when it was lower, but it seemed i couldnt even remotely close to the asking price for the metal selling it when i needed the funds for something. It was like 5+% loss on the selling of it compared to market prices at the time...
legendary
I was geting bored with 1080ti and ZEC... so I have moved most of my 1080tis to mine CHC at yimp directly a CHC wallet.

The 1070s and 1060s are still hard at it at ETH... every DAG is a mountain to climb now.

I have gone the route of sitting on cash. I will
Look for good spots to get something cheaper.

I almost purchased a few 1080 ti's for 690 each and six months to pay them off decided to pass.

I have 550 that I have to spend  by August 1 on ebay

This is all the ebucks from buying 1080 tis from April 1 to June 30

I am in the same boat as you, had around 500+ in ebay bucks from GPU purchases back with the 8 and 10% deals they had.. i picked up a used EVGA PSU i needed, now im trying to figure out what else i want to buy with it.. lol

I may buy some silver bars

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-10-oz-Sunshine-Mint-Silver-Bar-999-Fine-Sealed/161907052585

Isnt that a rip off, because silver is only around $16/oz currently?

he is selling at 357/20 = 17.85 an oz.

1% off for ebucks = 18 cents   so 17.67 an oz  silver is 16.22 an oz   so you are paying over spot.

define rip off  or  is it worth  30 usd over spot for  shipping handling and  cast and pouring the metal? 324.40 is spot 354  is what I would pay after ebucks.

When I buy silver I hold until it goes up  to 150%  of what I paid for it.

I grabbed a lot back in the day at 6-12 an oz and it rallied to 50 an oz.

I have some time maybe I will find some a bit cheaper
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

Interesting Phil.  Why silver over gold though?  Is it easier to cash in silver bars over gold bars?

I'd be careful with buying silver. Peter Schiff has been rambling on calling BTC a bubble since it hit $200 in 2015. He's now saying you should buy silver, just like he did when it was $34/oz. in 2012 before it crashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUdQMXa0RvE

The Bitmain D3 X11 miner seems like a better play than silver Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: