Pages:
Author

Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked - page 2. (Read 2493 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 102
If this is real, I should be more careful with my PC. I'm very sorry for your loss and now I feel afraid of my wallet. Hackers are one of the main problems for the crypto-currency market.
Do not forget to create a new wallet and transfer your entire token to a new wallet. Do not use a compromised purse. If the hacker was there, he would come again.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
It is very sad, sorry about your loss. It is very disturbing to hear such news. One of my friend also got hacked his MEW by an email to fill a form to have good number of coins, in which they demand private key & all their assets gone next day. So always delete these types of mails.
Activity: 126
That's why we always recommend having a cold wallet or a desktop wallet to save your savings, all these web wallets are not very reliable with your savings because you can lose a lot of money if they are hacked or simply the creators can escape with your capital, well at least you learned the lesson and now you can use more stringent security measures.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
I am very sorry for you, I have no idea how you feel right now,it is very bad and once again proves that we must be extremely careful.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Oh my God, I feel sorry for you. Do not worry, we all made mistakes and lost money, you will earn more. In the end, it's just money is not worth losing their nerves. Good luck!
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
I feel so sorry for that unfortunate event of losing your hard earned money and hopefully you can still recover those coins that has been hacked though it would be on a lesser probability.Thank you for sharing your experience.This will be a lesson to all of us also.
so we need to prevent same incident happen to us.wallet security depend on our self.if we careless opening our wallet in any place and connection we could suffering too.
Activity: 61
I feel so sorry for that unfortunate event of losing your hard earned money and hopefully you can still recover those coins that has been hacked though it would be on a lesser probability.Thank you for sharing your experience.This will be a lesson to all of us also.
Activity: 112
aww sad so be careful with the wallet that I use so also with me but my use file is not private KEY is my json file. We will always be careful every time we leave a history of computer use and do not always click ads on websites because evil people are good now so be careful.  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Activity: 28
I'm sorry to hear your loss, it was then probably some pfhishing site which you wrote in your private key. i only use MEW as a cold wallet, so far didn't got any hacking attack, good luck for the recovering!
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
This is a terrible situation.I understand your feelings.About a month ago, the same thing happened to me.
Activity: 294
It is very sad that you have become a victim of fraud. Even to imagine frightening, that such can happen and is happening with other . The risk of loss and hacking is always there , so of course you need to protect yourself with all sorts of options to protect your wallet and mail . And just do not keep all your savings in one place, because it is very scary to lose everything at once in an instant
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
It would indeed be very helpfull if you could describe every step and detail, so that others can
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
It is very sad to hear this but you know sometimes bad things happen in life ,so you must forget about it and move forward , I would also recommend you to buy hardware cryptowallet like Trezor or Ledger , they are very safe for keeping your crypto.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I am sorry about the loss, I hope you will never give up in crypto and Will be more carefully in the future. Indeed it's very risk if we use online wallet and not recommended to hold crypto for long term in it, use online wallet just for temporary and then move your coins to hardware wallet.
Activity: 70
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

This is very disappointing, I'm sorry for your loss. It is not easy to lose money in an instant specially being hacked. I hope you have consoled yourself now. Email address is not safe it is prone to hackers. Any online storage even messengers email inbox can be opened by hackers. Better if you print your pinkey in a paper or save in a usb or any external storage. Better luck next time.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
I'm really sorry about what happened to you... I have a similar problem with NEOTRACKER wallet but fortunately I had only few NEO in it...now I put every coin I can on hardware wallet to stay safer..
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Most likely topic starter visited phishing site...
Or maybe he got keyloger or clipboard spy trojan...

To be safe, I suggest to use MEW offline.
You can buy a cheap laptop and use it always offline to generate transactions with MEW.
And use those generated transactions on the online PC to send ETH and tokens.
In this case your private keys will be always offline and safe...
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
Oh my got, huge loss, but you owned so much money in crypto and you didnt have hardware wallet? This is a big mistake and everything could be diffrent if you spend 100$ for hardware wallet Smiley.
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO
First of all, Sorry for your loss mate. As far as I know, it's possible your MEW account got hacked via email If you visited the phishing site from that email. So, the rule is you have to make sure to always bookmark the real MEW site, and do not open any URL from any site, email or group chat.
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
im sorry to hear about about what you lost mate. i post this issue already that some hackers are using fake airdrops on the email few months ago that if you will finish the signed up there will be a phishing site of MEW site. thats why always becareful  when doing airdrops, one of my friend wallet also get hacked because of airdrops. from me better to choose good airdrops to signed up for. because if not we can be a victim also. all you can do right now mate is move on, and start all over again. make sure that you will use authenticator and metamask for your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: