Pages:
Author

Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked - page 3. (Read 2493 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 100
Its so sad to learn about it that is why i dont usually hold coins on online wallet i just hold it then if they been released to the exchanger i will sell it because it is bounty reward and also it is much more better to buy ledger
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

You mean you did not install a security alert on your email like a phone verification, so you can be sure that you are the only one login in your email, that was a costly mistake, even if you secure your wallet if your email is not secured and you have your private key in your wallet, it will be hacked right away.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I think it's entirely your fault. In the crypto sphere, asset security is the task of every investor. If you have not provided reliable security to your savings - I am sorry.
Activity: 231
Merit: 0
I hope you don't give up and keep continue to strive to make money anymore in the crypto world. You lose money quite a lot and I think when you've got better money disbursed directly into cash. Now a lot of people who I think they are clever in doing piracy and take that doesn't belong to them.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
my niece concerned over this incident. but indeed it's been the risk that inevitably to is faced because it is the result that way. Since the beginning of the hacking is becoming a serious problem for crypto and certainly not surprising this may be a problem for many people. secure the owned assets become mandatory if don't want this happen again.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
https://eloncity.io/
So sorry for that and am sorry for your loss, you need to be caution next time by making sure all your private information are save offline and spread your investment on different wallet.
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
I am sorry about the loss. That of my friend was equally hacked. And when he created a new account with same device, he was hacked again, so some programmers said he must have been hacked via his IP through some of the airdrops he filled. This has beaten my understanding as I can't understand how one can be hacked through their IP. Using Metamask to trade in a decentralized exchange remains one of the best options.   
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
condolence with you. But I think this is a great experience. I think anyone with more than $ 1k should have a hard wallet to protect their account. I encourage people to buy hard wallet, Ledger. It is the safest wallet and investors will not worry about being stolen by hackers anymore.
Activity: 44

I totally understand your loss. On the other hand, it is always important to understand that there are people that are in the even worse situation. For example, a few months ago I've lost more than $50k by being hacked. After all, we can only think about our mistakes and move further. Letting your hand down won't help you anyway.

Check my article where I highlighted how not to be hacked:
https://medium.com/@vladdani/how-i-lost-50-000-in-crypto-and-what-i-learned-489c53fb052b
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
I am also a victim of same, It is very bad experience because my MEW account also been hacked some month ago and someone stoled my all tokens, after that i purchased a trazor hardware wallet and kept my coins in it. i advise you to use trazor hardware wallet because it is best hardware wallet to kept our coins safe from hackers.
Activity: 102
Merit: 1

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

Sorry for your loss.

If your email was hacked, probably you saved your priv key in your email in plain text?
Always use an encrypted file and preferably not online, stored in a USB stick, that you just plug in when you need to retrieve your priv keys.

Better yet, get an authentic Ledger Nano. I got one when my crypto assets is more than 10x the price of the ledger Nano.
Sort of a rule of thumb to safeguard your assets.

Keep going... and don't stop. You will recover.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
I am sorry to hear your story, I can only say, you must remain strong and be more diligent in making money again, if you are down then your life will be threatened, I have also experienced like you. I remain strong and do not give up. Keep on fire!
Activity: 429
Merit: 102

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I feel you. I am once became a victim and stopped working while losing hope to live and start again. Thinking why it has happened though you are securing your private key and being careful to used it as wallet address to give on someone or while joining in campaigns.
Maybe you joined on airdrop before, sometimes it is the reason to get hack. Some airdrops are suspected to be like that using it to get in on someone's account. There is nothing to do with it. Start a be beginning and work again. Next time will be great and learned a lesson from what happened.
Activity: 27
Oh I am sorry but what I have notice is that most have the account that have gotten hacked are always myetherwallet and only few people have lost fund or tokens on imtoken due to them given out their private keys or given an encrypted message out. For me imtoken is the safest place to store erc20 tokens and ethereum ...
Activity: 252
The hacked incident has started to happen very often. investors are very afraid of this situation. I think the security level should be increased. this situation has to be blocked in some way.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
Its really sad to hear that.
If you want continue stay in crypto download myether from github generate wallet offline, and then send your fund to this wallet and when you need spend use only offline sending, its 100% safe method better then hardware wallet
Activity: 81
So sorry for your loss mate. I was hacked last year too. It's quite a painful experience. I don't use MEW again since the hack and I am very careful about clicking unsolicited links in my mail. I added some extra security measures to email too. Be more careful next time. Cheers
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
I'm very sorry about your condition. but in my opinion i think you login your MEW not in real MEW address maybe in the phsising address so that's why they can get your private key or something else.
This is already happened, and Make it an experience. I know it's not a small amount for us when we already working hard to save but just let it go and keep fighting.
Don't believe anyone in this cryptoworld ^^ and try recheck everything before processing some transaction.
Activity: 504
Indeed, a bummer to hear that scammers have managed to get access to your wallet and get away with your funds. This is one of the many reminders to other people that if you are holding a hefty amount of money in crypto, dont hesitate to purchase a hard-wallet or you could be the next victim.
I'm feeling sorry for that too, and I don't know how it's possible to hack MyEtherWallet by using your e-mail. In any case, it's better to make your e-mail security settings more strong via SMS or calls, not simply passwords. But lesson learned here mate. Be carefull and try to pay more attentions in this platform.
Activity: 532
Very sad to hear it and I hope it will never happen to me and this is a lesson for all of us to be careful of MyEtherWallet.

Maybe it's better if you save your tokens in offline wallets like TREZOR and NANO Ledger.
Pages:
Jump to: