Pages:
Author

Topic: Five reasons 2018 could be the best year yet for cryptocurrencies. - page 2. (Read 1613 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

1. The work on scaling issues
2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
3. Regulation
4. A lot of execution and usability
5. Institutional investors

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.

I think there is a possibility that people will remember 2018 as a good year, the prices came down to reasonable levels and there are a lot of positive things going on behind the scene. I have more confidence in crypto than last year when most was speculation. Now the projects are being built and plenty of good ones undervalued.
Activity: 70
Merit: 4
I have a good feeling about the future of BTC and ETH. It does not boom like last year, but it's growing step by step steadily. Looking forward to the rest of 2018, Crypto will make a big breakthrough in 2017.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

3. Regulation

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

The third point that you bring about regulation is something that I disagree completely, people want regulation because they want the protection of the government so they avoid losing money, but the market of cryptocurrencies is based on the fact that you are completely responsible for everything that happens to your coins and if you cannot take care of them then it is your fault.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Security ICO's will be big as well. Having a stake in the actual business and receiving dividends will be an improvement on things.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
More legitimate ICOs ? Are you sure? It seems to me that number of scam ICOs is just growing and I don't see any reasons showing another side and claiming OP words. As for other reasons, I am agree with most of them. Regulation can cause coming of institutional investors. Those guys with big money will never invest in crypto prior to ETF adoption. But once it happens, big money flow into crypto market.
I also disagree with year, in 2018 all of these cases won't happen and probably 2019 will perform better results
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Unfortunately last year was much better but not yet over so no need to panic, there is still a huge chance that the year ended with the growth of the price of the cryptocurrency !

No this year was terrible, a real test of survival. Next year will be a banger for crypto!!!
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://www.empirehotels.io
Unfortunately last year was much better but not yet over so no need to panic, there is still a huge chance that the year ended with the growth of the price of the cryptocurrency !
Activity: 80
Merit: 0

3. Regulation

We could still witness what happened last year with btc though it may not come as many will expect. It should actually be a year of mass adoption realization with projects like Mfchain, Utrust, Pundi X all working toward mass adoption of cryptocurrency and Mfchain looking more promising. Those who will always make the money are those investing when the market is low for long term benefits.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
If you think about it, 2018 us a good time to start investing on crypto currency because all the coins are down and the market is in the red because if the bear run. But the bear market will not last forever. The bull run could definitely start by the 4th quarter up to the first quarter of the next year. All green all the way.
The mindset of people is to always want to get into a place that is already getting rosy, which is one of the reasons it is very easy for a higher percentage of people to join FOMO instead and chicken out when there is a bear market.

It would take only someone who understands the reason why he or she is investing in the first place that would be able to channel their focus on the long term which would make them know that taking advantage of a bear market by loading up and a point when you really should be investing is the best way to go. But even if you tell them, they just won't listen.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512

3. Regulation

yes with the passage of time things are going more better in the crypto and if someone will say that the previous year was good in crypto then it is sure that this current years is also better and more better than the previous years. Many people who disappointed is only with the price which raised much high and then came a little back for the correction which will also be get better in the coming months.
I am involving with bitcoin since 2011 and i absolve bitcoin to much I've great experience with bitcoin and cryptocurrency as far as i know whenever the price fall it increase double next time.
I not agree. What kind of " The work on scaling issues" what kind of " Regulation " and what kind of " Institutional investors ". I am not sure that your points meet the market rank nor i see its a good for all cryptocurrency.
Actually i believe these factors can possible affect the market for cryptocurrency in a positive way if the change in the factors is positive. That is in harmony with the cryptocurrency graphs.

Institutional investment and regulation imposed by the government can help rise the price for investment in the inflow of funds into the market and government regulations might make the investment a bit more secure for those who want to invest and fear to lose due to the illegal tender for any countries have banned it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
this year will end in a few months. in my opinion it's just a guess factor that can be used as an excuse if cryptocurrencies are successful this year. but infact that it is only a guess until now the market has not had a significant increase. it should be true if the current market price is creeping up. but the reality is stagnant.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I believe that the triangle that is now formed on the chart will be expanded and we will see a sideways movement. For global growth, lateral movement is necessary for gaining positions.
Definitely, but however the market is going to go is only going to be known with time.
Usually, there has always been a usual bearish sentiment when it comes to a descending triangle and for now a lot of people are still being cautious how they want to be treating the market at the moment. In my opinion, only price levels will decide about the best year for bitcoins and definitely no other criteria.

Nevertheless, whichever way the market is going to come, I still believe this year is already a great year as it has at least given us the chance to buy more lower and it will take someone who understands the benefit that lurks in the future that would know that buying when everyone is selling is usually the best way to go.
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
3. Regulation

I think 1 to 4 has already happen and what we are waiting for now is the number 5 which is allowing institutional investors to come into the space, and that's the bitcoin ETF, and I think if bitcoin ETF gets approved by the SEC, then 2018 could be the best year for crypto currency. let's just wait and hope that will be done.

Yeah, 1 and 4 has happened but to a very low extent. For now, the scalability for bitcoin with the lightening network is still being tested on a smaller scale, and hopefully as time goes on, we will be able to see it fully blown on a larger scale which is still something good to look forward to anyway.

For the lots of execution and usability, we all know that is something that is pretty much on the low side at the moment, as we get to see people tending towards the speculative side than real life usage and until we start seeing scaling becoming a thing of the past, merchants stepping in to add bitcoin as a payment option and mass adoption kicking in, before we can even start seeing the number 4 implemented.
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
Definitely, the price will uprise in the Q4 of 2018. It will just repeat the scenario during 2017 wherein the bitcoin bullish the market. But I think it will grow up more and other cryptocurrency will move up also. Let see how does the luck of cryptocurrencies for 2018 and just hope that it will hit the  high price.

Yes probably. We can believe that the market will continuously rise just like the other years that passed. It is from the statistics that after some time of being down bullish market will be seen amd this is for sure. We should trust the cryptocurrency, bitcoin and so as the people.I do believe that there is another bull will run this year to pump the market.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
I think that 2018 is the time where people are given a chance to build their portfoloi. Even for those eho eent in on the game late, this year actually equalizes everyone. This time when you buy a crypto currency it is as cheap as it was last year ir the year before. So in a sense, 2018 is a good time to start getting on the crypto currency game.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
2018 is about to end and the crypto market is still volatile. I think only in 2017 it was the glorious period of cryptocurrency and bitcoin.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
3. Regulation

I think 1 to 4 has already happen and what we are waiting for now is the number 5 which is allowing institutional investors to come into the space, and that's the bitcoin ETF, and I think if bitcoin ETF gets approved by the SEC, then 2018 could be the best year for crypto currency. let's just wait and hope that will be done.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25

3. Regulation

this is a great forecast, if this will come to a reality in the coming last quarter of this year, as history repeats itself, and based on the data of the market price, it is during this season that bitcoin will have a tremendous spike ahead, backing up by this acceptable speculations, we will definitely see a pump this season.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
I totally disagree on 2 an 4. Scam ICOs are always greater in number and legit ICOs  are thinking twice if they will continue their fund raising in these depressing times. Legit ICOs are postponing their ICOs and it makes upcoming ICOs to reschedule theirs too.
Activity: 196
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”
I believe that the triangle that is now formed on the chart will be expanded and we will see a sideways movement. For global growth, lateral movement is necessary for gaining positions.
Pages:
Jump to: