Pages:
Author

Topic: Five reasons 2018 could be the best year yet for cryptocurrencies. - page 5. (Read 1613 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515
2018 might be a good year for some of the major altcoins, but I have my doubts about the performance of Bitcoin. Two of the major things Bitcoin needs to address is transaction speeds and fees. I have read articles about many businesses that have stopped accepting Bitcoin because of how volitile the price is on a minute-by-minute basis.

If you want to hear my opinion, I don't believe in that thing. Yes, I definitely believe in volatility, it exists for sure, but it is not the primary reason why many businesses stopped accepting cryptocurrencies. First of all, how many of them have actually been accepting Bitcoin or some other coin? I only know about Steam and Microsoft, though the latter seems to be still accepting Bitcoin at their site for some digital services they offer. All others have been accepting fiat, and the volatility thing didn't affect them in any degree as it was not their concern. It is a matter for payment processors and gateways, and believe me, they know how to tackle it.

Further, the true reason why businesses drop their support for Bitcoin (and other such currencies) is that people are not willing to spend their coins. For most of us crypto is an asset with which we earn money (dollars, euro, etc). It is our financial capital, and spending it on trivial things would be equal to wasting it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
BAILOUT
Regulations, institutional investors, very great projects and so on are really crucial for the future of the market but for me, this is just a beginning of something very big, expecting 2018 to be best year is not reasonable.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

1. The work on scaling issues
2. Large scale and more legitimate ICOs
3. Regulation
4. A lot of execution and usability
5. Institutional investors

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.

I can totally get behind these reasons, but I would order them in a different order of importance (just my opinion):

1. Regulatory clarity
2. Institutional money
3. Scaling improvements
4. Increased utility
5. Big ICOs
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
The expansion as well as the lighting bitcoin is very far. ICO does not have many protection measures for investors. Regulations also make it difficult for countries to agree on regulations. The only two feasible factors are the increased usability and usability of cryptocurrency. Investors are becoming more organized.

Hey you can get the escrow from this forum also being involved in the ICO project. I see many people who is part of project act as a escrow for token distribution mate. So not think all the ICO are fake one.
You may invest on Dimcoin tokens which is already listed on exchange.
I personally have faith on this token which can go more than 1 USD before this year ends mate.
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
3. Regulation

That’s far from happening buddy. I don’t see any major updates regarding the work on scaling issues. We still hoping for this one since years. Many forks came out but they all did it for their greed and profits and nobody really helped bitcoin scale up. The segwit came in but branched our crazy and spreaded the community into two.

I basically agree with all your points, but this one I want to highlight specifically. There are no major updates like Lightning Network, which has been in the works for ages by now (just for the record), as there is no need for it. Without the spam load on the network, Bitcoin just works, while transactions are fast and cheap enough. What we actually lack is true adoption and real life application, with people using crypto as a means of payment. Without all these things, the improvements won't change anything, and that likely explains why there is not much movement in that direction lately.

There is no reason to support the ICO here, because there are none out there who has brighter ideas any more. They all are condensed now and repeating each other to get some profits. The ICO just stands out only if the real product is avaible for the particular project.

Well, here I should disagree with you somewhat, though. Even if we don't see genuinely new and fresh ideas coming up, it doesn't mean there can't be any more in the future. People in late 19th and early 20th century earnestly believed they had opened all the laws in natural sciences, and there is no more room for new discoveries. As it turned out they were flat-out wrong.
Activity: 280
Merit: 6
The expansion as well as the lighting bitcoin is very far. ICO does not have many protection measures for investors. Regulations also make it difficult for countries to agree on regulations. The only two feasible factors are the increased usability and usability of cryptocurrency. Investors are becoming more organized.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
You talk about "lot of execution in terms of usability" which I don't think is really valid point. I mean we don't need too many number of coins in the market but we just want to have valid projects with really "real" use of them. If such projects come along then only they could help our crypto currency world to evolve in better ways. So let's hope it comes that way only and about rest of the points you mentioned are worth cosniderable too.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
Definitely, the price will uprise in the Q4 of 2018. It will just repeat the scenario during 2017 wherein the bitcoin bullish the market. But I think it will grow up more and other cryptocurrency will move up also. Let see how does the luck of cryptocurrencies for 2018 and just hope that it will hit the  high price.
Do we reqlly need to wait for Q4 before tasting the price of recovery or the pump?why not this Q2 or Q3 since we have waited almost four months now..like yesterday when we almost break the $10,000 but didnt get a chance and dump again now.maybe by next month we will start getting the price were looking for a lon now
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
I hope it will be a good year for cryptocurrency! The beginning of the year not very successful and caused a lot of panic, but I think closer to the middle of the year things will get better!
Compare it to the beginning of the last year 2017 you can totally see the difference to its price as it was lurking around for just $1000 plus then fluctuates to $900, then the price now? $9300 plus as of this time breaking the walls of 10,000. The major price crash was very devastating mostly for those who entered the market at the price of $20,000 but the correct price was the current that we are seeing now.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I think this year will be the worst year ever in the history of btcs. Don't know why but I think so
Activity: 150
Merit: 1
From my personal experience for a short time. I could only speculate base on that. Seeing new great ideas popping in the marketplace right now, new token, new utilization. These could probably excite the market because this token is going to useful in the real world. And I'm sure more and more people will be incline in utilizing these digital assets for easier and faster transactions.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
Definitely, the price will uprise in the Q4 of 2018. It will just repeat the scenario during 2017 wherein the bitcoin bullish the market. But I think it will grow up more and other cryptocurrency will move up also. Let see how does the luck of cryptocurrencies for 2018 and just hope that it will hit the  high price.

Yes you are right this ia also what im thinking that it repeating on what happen last year it will fall down many are panic selling and it will goes up again. Base on the chart last year and today it was same fluctuationand path so we assume that bitcoin on this year 2018 we hope that meet the speculation of $40,000 to $50,000 for this year.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
I don't know any reasons to say that bitcoins will be successful in the 2018
You should know about it as bitcoin is now very famous and it is very easy to get information about the bitcoin currency and the main cause behind the success of bitcoin today, so here I share with you main reason of bitcoin as best incurrence this year to enhance your knowledge about bitcoin, first reason according to me it that bitcoin is an investment that use to grow very fast, you will not have to do anything but only investment, 2! Bitcoin is gonna be best currency because it gives us job and it helps us earning for our family, 3! Bitcoin increase chances to get rich in few months it does not take much time to grow.4! Having bitcoin will reduce your tension about your future as you will be happy that you have something behind you 5! Bitcoin is best as it is now acceptable in super markets and coming age is gonna be digital age so good to have bitcoin.
Activity: 27
I don't know any reasons to say that bitcoins will be successful in the 2018
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
I think these things are like being asked since ages and where do we stand in the developments? I think we are far far away from achieving these things. These five reasons that you have depicted here are really striking one because they have been tried since many years and still they are getting worse. Bitcoin scale up issue, its been two years and we are still not having proper solution for this one. If things kept happening like this then do you really think that 2018 can bring anything good to crypto world. We need to see real results and we dont need just few development put together. ICO are the black holes and they are sucking the investment of bitcoin that should be going into it daily and must not go into scammer projects.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
www.coinxes.io
Many are unsure of the reasons you made him not really thinking about it for me, which will happen is the phenomenon of price increases in 2018 that occurred in my opinion at the end of this year may also, not forever for the appointment of a continuous decline.
Activity: 123
The wide application of block chain technology may promote the development of digital cryptographic currency.

Many technology companies are beginning to realize the importance of block chain technology. They have started to study the block chain technology!

The ico project is also starting to promote the development of digital digital cryptographic currency!
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
As ever it did yes its going to rock 2018 Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Hosp has explained before why a potential cryptocurrency bubble could burst in 2018, but there are several factors that make him see upside potential in the space.

For bitcoin, the most important cryptocurrency by his estimation, he sees a 150 percent potential upside for 2018.

Taking into account several factors, the cryptocurrency market's upside potential could rise to up to seven or eight times present levels, he says.

3. Regulation

For more info or details heres the link.
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/02/23/bitcoin-ethereum-other-cryptocurrency-five-positive-factors-for-2018.html

I think this is reasonable.

I would like to add some more:

1) Increasing popularity in developing countries. Earlier the crypto exchanges in my country had only bitcoins listed for investors. Now they are adding more coins like Ripple, Ethereum and Litecoin. This shows that the popularity and acceptance of crypto is increasing in these countries.
2) Another important thing that will help bitcoin growth is the fall of PayPal. PayPal is facing a lot of troubles, like eBay has removed it as payment option. Also, PayPal is increasing its fees quite a lot which will irritate the users more.
Activity: 89
Btcs have gone down much in this month that means it will go up soon in this year causing profit
Pages:
Jump to: