Author

Topic: Flat Earth - page 437. (Read 1095196 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 05, 2017, 09:30:35 PM
If she wants them to "think like a scientist" she should just advise them to join a church

How many people actually join a church of their own free will?  Most of us are forced into them by brainwashed parents.   Undecided

The point is that scientists think the same way that church people do. The difference is the things that they both think about.

Cool

Not thinking, 99% believing

Believing - definition of believing by The Free Dictionary - To have faith, confidence, or trust:

People in churches study the Bible and Bible history a lot. They base their faith on what they find out in their studies.

Scientists make many theories. They base their faith that these theories are true on what they have studied.

Both groups study; both groups believe (or not). Much of science is religion; much of religion is reality.

Cool
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
September 05, 2017, 09:28:09 PM
The point is that scientists think the same way that church people do. The difference is the things that they both think about.

Scientists use logic and experience.  "Church people" have no independent thought, and are brainwashed.

Cool

Scientists believe other scientists "logic and experience" mostly
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 05, 2017, 09:27:27 PM
Don't be clowns like the goofy duo of Void & BADipshit.

You're the idiot claiming something you know isn't true...   Roll Eyes

It's simply his form of religion.    Cool

You're also an idiot for claiming something you don't fully believe in.   Grin
legendary
September 05, 2017, 09:26:53 PM

It's simply his form of religion.    Cool
September 05, 2017, 09:26:10 PM
If she wants them to "think like a scientist" she should just advise them to join a church

How many people actually join a church of their own free will?  Most of us are forced into them by brainwashed parents.   Undecided

Cool

Not thinking, 99% believing

Believing - definition of believing by The Free Dictionary - To have faith, confidence, or trust:
Vod
legendary
September 05, 2017, 09:23:43 PM

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2017, 09:22:16 PM

RESEARCH FLAT EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22flat+earth%22

legendary
September 05, 2017, 09:18:15 PM

I like the beach. Well, that's what you spelled out, right? But most of the time they say "beach goer" rather than "beacher."

Your "gravity" is showing.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2017, 09:05:17 PM
http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017/07/28/537907951/the-ongoing-battle-between-science-teachers-and-fake-news

She tells her students — like Nick Gurol, whose middle-schoolers believe the Earth is flat — that, as hard as they try, science teachers aren't likely to change a student's misconceptions just by correcting them.

Gurol says his students got the idea of a flat planet from basketball star Kyrie Irving, who said as much on a podcast.

"And immediately I start to panic. How have I failed these kids so badly they think the Earth is flat just because a basketball player says it?" He says he tried reasoning with the students and showed them a video. Nothing worked.

"They think that I'm part of this larger conspiracy of being a round-Earther. That's definitely hard for me because it feels like science isn't real to them."

For cases like this, Yoon suggests teachers give students the tools to think like a scientist. Teach them to gather evidence, check sources, deduce, hypothesize and synthesize results. Hopefully, then, they will come to the truth on their own.

No one ever said teachers were smart.

Vod
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:56:19 PM
It's like atheism. Some people attempt to believe there is no God. But they know that they aren't sure, and can never be sure.

You can never be 100% sure your fairy tale exists either.  

Cool

Many church people have revelation from God.

We agree they are brainwashed.
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:56:00 PM

Scientists use logic and experience.  "Church people" have no independent thought, and are brainwashed.

Cool

Scientists and some other people THINK brainwashed scientists use experience and logic. Many church people have revelation from God.

Cool
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:54:36 PM
What does it even matter? We're all going to the moon with our cryptos anyways.

True that.  No one believes the earth is flat.
Actually some ppl do. And they have the same voting right like the normal ppl.

No one believes the earth is flat.   Roll Eyes

^ That's true.

Some people simply attempt to believe the earth is flat.

It's like atheism. Some people attempt to believe there is no God. But they know that they aren't sure, and can never be sure.

Cool
Vod
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:54:16 PM

Cool
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:52:10 PM

Cool
legendary
September 05, 2017, 08:50:23 PM
I was told that there's a 50/50 shot at the earth being flat and that we get squashed if it lands face down  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

That's why I stay away from the equator... 'cause it might roll.

Cheesy
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
September 05, 2017, 07:54:42 PM
I was told that there's a 50/50 shot at the earth being flat and that we get squashed if it lands face down  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
September 05, 2017, 07:31:57 PM

True that.  No one believes the earth is flat.

No one believes the earth is flat.   Roll Eyes

Says the monkeyman science believing clown. Save your null and void statements for yourself. The earth is flat and motionless exactly as the Word of God clearly states so. Read and learn. Ignorance of Logos is darkness.
Meanwhile, when studying:
Show us a real footage of a curvazon. (nasa cgi fakery and paintings are not valid). Hint: grab a Nikon p900 and show us the curvature of the ball earth.
More than 70% of earth is water. Show us a real footage of a curved water or curved oceans.
Prove axial rotation(see Airy's failure for an actual experiment).
Demonstrate how it is possible for two opposing pressure systems to exists side by side. The positive pressure system of Earth and the so called "infinite vacuum of space".
Demonstrate how water sticks to a 1000+mph spinning ball.

The only three "proofs" spinning ball earth believers have, are:
1.Nasa images (It is photoshopped, but,but... its has to be - Robert Simmons, nasa artist).
2.Public indoctrination (We know, because monkeyman scientist said so).
3.Opinion of the masses (Many are believing so it must be true).

PS: flekellek, paprika guy. Where is your proof of a curved lake Balaton. I told you not to came here again without a real footage of a curved Balaton lake.

September 05, 2017, 07:29:06 PM

Well, just take a look around on yt, or even here... Mongs are amongst us.

Ad hominem is not science

If you could debunk this, that would be great

Activity: 644
Merit: 274
September 05, 2017, 07:17:22 PM

Well, just take a look around on yt, or even here... Mongs are amongst us.
Vod
legendary
September 05, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

Jump to: