Pages:
Author

Topic: For newbies only - page 5. (Read 1266 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 108
March 10, 2020, 05:46:09 PM
Op is right that when newbie will download any wallet by searching in play store would be dangerous due to many fake wallets published there. People should aware during download any crypto wallet. Always should choose a official source. I have listed the top 50  coins wallet names and official source of these coins. In near future I will add more.
Newbie can visit this topic before download any wallet. : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53699703
This is very important and useful information.
The OP should read this and embed it on page 1 so that many members can read this clearly.

I also strongly recommend the newbie and everyone involved in crypto to ensure that the downloaded and installed application must be completely official from the service provider. Make sure to open an official website to avoid dangerous links.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 283
March 10, 2020, 04:16:25 PM
That's the first thing need to do if we play store user, Must be careful always downloading mobile wallet and can be deposited altcoins on them. Because there are times that can going to be scam and lost your coins you have in your wallet. Most of the mobile wallet we download in the play store are not safe enough so ask first to those person using on it before to do some move.
It is true, we must be careful since being aware is not enough to avoid this kind of scam. We should always remember that not all application in playstore is legit. And of course, it is better to download wallet files directly from the legit websites to avoid downloading the cloned wallets or those fake wallets createf by scammers.
All altcoins we have are important on us so we must be protected it before its to late.
Dont rush read some more advice in the other people knows the apps that we want to downloaded so we can aware on it.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
March 09, 2020, 11:21:50 AM
Op is right that when newbie will download any wallet by searching in play store would be dangerous due to many fake wallets published there. People should aware during download any crypto wallet. Always should choose a official source. I have listed the top 50  coins wallet names and official source of these coins. In near future I will add more.
Newbie can visit this topic before download any wallet. : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53699703
Activity: 941
Merit: 100
March 09, 2020, 10:23:22 AM
I'm sure that those who are into crypto since last year knew that downloading new mobile wallet from play store can be dangerous, well this is for newbies who just entered crypto space this year, most top popular mobile wallets have fakes built by scammers too, before you download any wallet find its website and download through the link instead
This is not for newbies only, some high member accounts on this forum can do stupid things as well, some even buy accounts and you notice how stupid they are once they start posting on here, my advice is to avoid unofficial links to download wallets, playstore is better now
those who buy accounts with a high ranking does not mean they are those who have the experience not to be fooled. because now the price of the account is very cheap and it's not difficult to get it. those who are experienced will not be fooled by this kind. some fake wallets that will lose our money.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
March 09, 2020, 06:34:35 AM
I'm sure that those who are into crypto since last year knew that downloading new mobile wallet from play store can be dangerous, well this is for newbies who just entered crypto space this year, most top popular mobile wallets have fakes built by scammers too, before you download any wallet find its website and download through the link instead
This is not for newbies only, some high member accounts on this forum can do stupid things as well, some even buy accounts and you notice how stupid they are once they start posting on here, my advice is to avoid unofficial links to download wallets, playstore is better now
Activity: 899
Merit: 101
March 09, 2020, 04:10:42 AM
I would also suggest they search on coinmarketcap for the cryptocoins they wish to download. It's much safer to get their wallets and websites this way.
Not really a good idea to get them through google, twitter, telegram search due to the numerous fakes that exist.

You are very right, I prefer using Coinmarketcap for projects website and app downloads as google may not differentiate between a real and a phishing site. Anyone going straight to download from the Play store is at great risk of getting the wrong version, funny people may not pay attention to this piece advice.
take references from coinmarketcap didnt guarantee that its not phising site or real. some of them could be real project but its only happen in few months after that they will be scammed project. we often to see it , maybe using wallet that recommended by reputable crypto influencer will be better and safer.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
March 09, 2020, 03:56:30 AM
I would also suggest they search on coinmarketcap for the cryptocoins they wish to download. It's much safer to get their wallets and websites this way.
Not really a good idea to get them through google, twitter, telegram search due to the numerous fakes that exist.

You are very right, I prefer using Coinmarketcap for projects website and app downloads as google may not differentiate between a real and a phishing site. Anyone going straight to download from the Play store is at great risk of getting the wrong version, funny people may not pay attention to this piece advice.
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
March 09, 2020, 03:38:38 AM

Agree, we must be careful in choosing a wallet that we download from the Play Store. In addition, choosing a mobile wallet that is trusted and used by many people is safer. Currently, there are 2 mobile wallet that I use, namely Trust Wallet and Imtoken
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
March 09, 2020, 03:16:33 AM

So you are saying that the wallets from Google Play are not safe?
Are you talking about the dedicated wallets from different projects, or all the wallets?
Universal wallets like Electrum/Trust/Mycelium are also included? I find your statement a bit bizarre, if true.
Activity: 588
March 08, 2020, 05:26:35 PM
First of mobile wallet is not secure. Download mobile wallet from website is too risk. They always want permission media and photos, location and contract etc. Why need it?   
That's right, it's better to download the app from the official AppStore and play store.
That's one way to get in and access your device, so we need to be careful.

This is actually a basic understanding that must be understood by beginners who are just adapting to the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Be sure to always check every application that you will download on the official website and social media from the application provider. Use links that are only pinned by the official website, do not easily believe the links that you get randomly on the internet or strangers who invite you.
If you are reckless, it will weaken your privacy security on your PC or smartphone.
Activity: 938
Merit: 11
March 08, 2020, 03:15:56 PM
First of mobile wallet is not secure. Download mobile wallet from website is too risk. They always want permission media and photos, location and contract etc. Why need it?   
Activity: 1701
Merit: 308
March 07, 2020, 07:49:31 AM
But not all the wallets that are in the Play store is dangerous, because there are still some that we can still use but before using the wallet we must see the detail if it is safe for us to use then new in download, indeed now many The Skammer is haunting the crypto world then we must be careful in this regard.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
March 07, 2020, 07:46:49 AM
I do agree,
There's a lot of fake wallets out there in android store that was created by scammers, newbies should know that it is safe to download wallets only from official websites to avoid being a victim of scam and hacking.
Yes, that's right, because on the official wallet site there are also several wallet options for every device, such as Android, iOS, Desktop and others, so it's very clear that to make any wallet you have to visit the official website.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
March 07, 2020, 07:40:00 AM

I feel like newbie again due to long time inactivity. Thank you for the advice. Although before, I make a research first before trusting any wallet because this will hold my coins but I think I have to be more careful this time. But of course I can still use the my wallets before. In fact due to much higher security of those wallets this time compare the last time I used it, I have a hard time recovering it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 07, 2020, 07:31:54 AM
I do agree,
There's a lot of fake wallets out there in android store that was created by scammers, newbies should know that it is safe to download wallets only from official websites to avoid being a victim of scam and hacking.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
March 07, 2020, 06:44:35 AM
for newbie i think using ico rating like coinmarketcap, ico becnh and suggest from pro traders is best way to know. like this find high rating from ico rating site, asking to some poeple, you can combine from this case to get action
Yes, for beginners it is better to visit the coinmarketcap site and another coingecko site to better understand and know new projects that are born by developers, but for the ico site because the visitors have started to decline when many ico projects don't clear.
Activity: 588
March 07, 2020, 06:32:33 AM
Can you please at least site some of those apps so that it will be more substantial, like what app is that and how they turn out to be a scam. Im sure this will really be a great help, not only for newbies.
for newbie i think using ico rating like coinmarketcap, ico becnh and suggest from pro traders is best way to know. like this find high rating from ico rating site, asking to some poeple, you can combine from this case to get action
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 07, 2020, 06:08:59 AM
Yeah you’re right about that, there are lots of fake copies of the original on playstore, so people really have to be careful about the apps they download from the Playstore. But, when you see these apps there are ways you can easily tell the difference – the original app will have more downloads than the fake app and you can as well check the reviews of the app before you download it. I don’t download app from the Playstore without checking the reviews to know what people think about the app.

I mostly go for the critical reviews to know the complaints those people have. And as I said, the downloads of an app can easily tell you the original between two apps.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
March 06, 2020, 04:40:17 PM
Some apps are protected by playstore. But this does not mean it's scam free most wallets that are not known can run away with people's funds.
Activity: 542
Merit: 251
March 06, 2020, 04:27:24 PM
Of course you won't download wallet that is not yet have any reputation, it's like you are going to put your money on a new open banked without any history yet, etc. also storing your cryptocurrency to a mobile wallet, web wallet and exchange is extremely dangerous because your funds are in risk that anytime a hacker might target those platforms and all the currency on that platform will be at risk.
Pages:
Jump to: