Pages:
Author

Topic: [Forager] v18.08.3 - Multi-Pool profit switching miner (AMD/NVIDIA/CPU) - page 2. (Read 24692 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Hi,
I switched 2 rigs to latest github clone this morning. Both win10 64bit - 4gb RAM

1. rig - 2x RX570_8gb - blockchain drivers
2. rig - 2x RX580_4gb - 18.6.1

On rig 1 it shows - Ellesmere_32cu3gb

On rig 2 it shows - Ellesmere_36cu3gb

why not 8gb & 4 gb? accordingly the algos using more then 3gb are not activated.

regards,
g.

edit:
JCE 033b18 is no longer working. I suspect due to the device config?
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Error:
Info   Downloading https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/download/1.34/gminer_1_34_minimal_windows64.zip
Warn   Existing file hash doesn't match. Will re-download.
Warn   File hash doesn't match. Removing file.

Apparently the developer has silently uploaded a newer version

You can edit /Miners/N-GMiner-1.34.json and update the SHA256 in to "FAF6BEE635DC830E22FE0978DE3680479544440422C2EE35D857F37757D726DC"

If you use git version, just "git pull" to get latest updates
TQ.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Error:
Info   Downloading https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases/download/1.34/gminer_1_34_minimal_windows64.zip

Apparently the developer has silently uploaded a newer version

You can edit /Miners/N-GMiner-1.34.json and update the SHA256 in to "FAF6BEE635DC830E22FE0978DE3680479544440422C2EE35D857F37757D726DC"

If you use git version, just "git pull" to get latest updates
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Error:
19.03 re-uploaded with a hotfix for screen limit + small error during donation
Activity: 703
Merit: 272

- won't allow me to set group by type for NVIDIA, so that i can set power limits.   Gives me "No Devices for group NVIDIA was detected"... however if i don't set by group and type it runs, but i don't get to set power limits.
line i'm using which worked in all previous versions:
GPUGROUPS=[{"GroupName": "NVIDIA", "Type": "NVIDIA", "Devices": "0,1,2", "PowerLimits": "85,90,95,100"}]

change "Type" to "GroupType"

GpuGroups=[{"GroupName": "NVIDIA", "GroupType": "NVIDIA", "Devices": "0,1,2", "PowerLimits": "85,90,95,100"}]

that was it.

How do i get the ethlargmentpill to activate?   I removed the # in autoexec.txt, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to start autoexec.

Anything in autostart.txt will run on Forager start
EthLargementpill requires admin, so you will might need to start Forager with Run as administrator

ok.. then it's not working.  EthLargementpill is not running

Runs fine in v19.02.1, does not run nor initialize in v19.03

- won't allow me to set group by type for NVIDIA, so that i can set power limits.   Gives me "No Devices for group NVIDIA was detected"... however if i don't set by group and type it runs, but i don't get to set power limits.
GPUGROUPS=[{"GroupName": "NVIDIA", "Type": "NVIDIA", "Devices": "0,1,2", "PowerLimits": "85,90,95,100"}]

GpuGroups=[{"GroupName": "NVIDIA", "GroupType": "NVIDIA", "Devices": "0,1,2", "PowerLimits": "85,90,95,100"}]

that was it.

How do i get the ethlargmentpill to activate?   I removed the # in autoexec.txt, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to start autoexec.

Anything in autostart.txt will run on Forager start
EthLargementpill requires admin, so you will might need to start Forager with Run as administrator

that was it.

How do i get the ethlargmentpill to activate?   I removed the # in autoexec.txt, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to start autoexec.

Forager 19.03 released
https://github.com/yuzi-co/Forager/releases

Changelog:
Miners:
- BMiner 15.0.1
- CastXMR 1.8.0
- MiniZ 1.0k
- CCMinerMTP NH 1.1.15
- XMRig 2.13
- GMiner 1.34
- GrinPro 1.2
- NBMiner 20.0
- CCMinerYescrypt 8.21.3
- SGMinerMTP 0.1.1
- CryptoDredge 0.17.0

Large code rework
- Reviewed and updated all pools
- Update device detection, better compatibility with different systems
- Fix failed miner blacklisting
- Support for setting CpuThreads in config
- Cleanup old miners and selectively disable algos for some miner to reduce benchmarking
- Reduce memory consumption
- Detect video memory and adjust for Windows 10 memory usage
- Visual interface refresh
- Allow Disabling/Enabling a Device group during runtime
- Allow resetting failed miner to retry
- Add Autoexec.txt to run (and stop) programs on launch

Forager 19.03 released

Changelog:
Miners:
- BMiner 15.0.1
- CastXMR 1.8.0
- MiniZ 1.0k
- CCMinerMTP NH 1.1.15
- XMRig 2.13
- GMiner 1.34
- GrinPro 1.2
- NBMiner 20.0
- CCMinerYescrypt 8.21.3
- SGMinerMTP 0.1.1
- CryptoDredge 0.17.0

Large code rework
- Reviewed and updated all pools
- Update device detection, better compatibility with different systems
- Fix failed miner blacklisting
- Support for setting CpuThreads in config
- Cleanup old miners and selectively disable algos for some miner to reduce benchmarking
- Reduce memory consumption
- Detect video memory and adjust for Windows 10 memory usage
- Visual interface refresh
- Allow Disabling/Enabling a Device group during runtime
- Allow resetting failed miner to retry
- Add Autoexec.txt to run (and stop) programs on launch

Some config options updated / changed. Please double-check the Config-SAMPLE.ini

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
ran into a small issue with Cuda Block size for turtle it seems. posted over on github.

fixed, ran into issue with the config.json for the xmrig miners. Issue described on GIT for anyone else.

I grabbed the new release v19.02.1

swapped over my wallet/coin settings, changed a few things for me. (afterburner off, cpu mining on, cuda 10.0 firmware)

ran basic autostart with minergate, fairpool. no coin filter, no algo filter.

boom benchmarking QRL/MSR/TRTL/GRFT! no errors

so far so good, thanks for the help in getting it sorted. Im gona dive deeper into tweaking it and dialing in more coins/pools, if I run into anything else I will post over at github.

great work

thanks for the updates, I will grab the new files and try it out - I am only trying to help with issues, if this is not how you want this thread to be, let me know and we can take it to messages of somewhere else. Plus I am digging into the code myself to try and figure this out, I dont want you to think im just asking for you to fix it.

Best place for issues would be the github issue tracker, but no problem posting here if you have issues.

fresh install of v19.02, fresh config with JUST algo/wallets copied over from V19.01

*** turtlecoin  not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnTrtl, CnTurtle, CryptonightTurtle, CnPico, Cryptonight-Pico, Turtlecoin --- adding algo(s) to config/include folder algo file no change
*** Masari not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnHalf --- fixed by adding "CnHalf" to config ( NVIDIA/CPU sections)
*** Fairpool, CryptoKnight still get error for miner setting ( automatic ) - not valid miner mode - my impression was you could connect/ input multiple pools in the autostart.bat and it would check them all, or am I wrong? At this point I can only get one pool to connect under automatic mode. all versions

Checkout the new release. It should fix all those issues

please rephrase this part for me
"P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available" - just comment algos line? in the config, or start.bat?

it sounds like, if you delete all algos( or comment the area ) in config it defaults to the list in the include folder?

99% correct. It will use all algos in available in the miners/pools.
algorithms.json is just for mapping algo names (they can be announced differently by different pools)
Forager 19.02.1 released

"Cryptonight zoo" edition

Changelog:
Miners:
- XMR-Stak 2.8.3

Pools:
- Fairpool - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- Miner.Rocks - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- CryptoKnight - Update coins + Allow automatic mode
- SuprNova - Update coins

Other:
- Add more Cn algos to sample config.ini
- Small core fixes
1. when I set mining mode to Automatic I get a response of "mining mode not available for this pool" - setting it to manual mode gets it going, but defeats the multipool idea.
Not all pools return profit information. Without it - there can be no automatic mode

2. in manual mode, I set the coin to turtle - it fails because the algorithm is setting as lite-v7 not cntrtl, this is on the JCP cpu miner, and xmrig. somewhere its defaulting to the old algo for turtle.
All updated now

3. I have lethean coin - previously intensecoin - cryptoKnight has a pool for it, but it wont recognize it when I start the miner. lethean is Cnv8

just upgraded from 19.01-19.02 no change in any of this

CryptoKnight also updated
You can use FairPool, CrypttoKnight and MinerRocks on automatic mode

P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available

thanks for the updates, I will grab the new files and try it out - I am only trying to help with issues, if this is not how you want this thread to be, let me know and we can take it to messages of somewhere else. Plus I am digging into the code myself to try and figure this out, I dont want you to think im just asking for you to fix it.

fresh install of v19.02, fresh config with JUST algo/wallets copied over from V19.01

*** turtlecoin  not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnTrtl, CnTurtle, CryptonightTurtle, CnPico, Cryptonight-Pico, Turtlecoin --- adding algo(s) to config/include folder algo file no change
*** Masari not recognized, out of the gate *** - CnHalf --- fixed by adding "CnHalf" to config ( NVIDIA/CPU sections)
*** Fairpool, CryptoKnight still get error for miner setting ( automatic ) - not valid miner mode - my impression was you could connect/ input multiple pools in the autostart.bat and it would check them all, or am I wrong? At this point I can only get one pool to connect under automatic mode. all versions

please rephrase this part for me
"P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available" - just comment algos line? in the config, or start.bat?

it sounds like, if you delete all algos( or comment the area ) in config it defaults to the list in the include folder?
1. when I set mining mode to Automatic I get a response of "mining mode not available for this pool" - setting it to manual mode gets it going, but defeats the multipool idea.
Not all pools return profit information. Without it - there can be no automatic mode

2. in manual mode, I set the coin to turtle - it fails because the algorithm is setting as lite-v7 not cntrtl, this is on the JCP cpu miner, and xmrig. somewhere its defaulting to the old algo for turtle.
All updated now

3. I have lethean coin - previously intensecoin - cryptoKnight has a pool for it, but it wont recognize it when I start the miner. lethean is Cnv8

just upgraded from 19.01-19.02 no change in any of this

CryptoKnight also updated
You can use FairPool, CrypttoKnight and MinerRocks on automatic mode

P.S. You will need to add the algos in the config.ini, or just comment algos line, and will skip filtering and use all available
I dont want to exclude, I want to include turtlecoin. its not working

the basic portion where it finds the pools that match your algo/ wallet/ currency settings in the config doesnt find turtle coin pools on minerrocks and im not finding turtle coin on any other pools to test it ( other pools included in this program )
I just edited a bit, added a few issues. I will grab the new stuff from git and report back. thanks

yeah if the algo matches I dont think trtlstak is necessary

I will review tomorrow, I know there are some more issues, just dont have time right now.

Currently you can find lethean on FairPool as well. I just updated it today (in git)

no worries I understand, just leaving this here to help you with bugs.

I am still having issues with Turtle showing on minerrocks. even though the changes are registering in the miners and the pool. I think the config file needs the algos added to the CPU / NVIDIA/AMD section. Ill try to add them and see how it goes

*** no change on my end in adding CnPico, CnTurtle, CnTrtl to algos listed in config.ini ***

I think lethean was a algo problem, I will try on fairpool with the new miners. in v19.02

*** fairpool lethean connected, but Fairpool is another that wont work under automatic miner settings. only works when set to manual/ coin ****

interesting note, while talking to the turtle network guys on discord. CryptoKnight shut down their turtle coin pool, but yet it shows up when the miner starts with it set to manual coin. ( and if you go to the pools site, sure enough its not there.

You can exclude specific coins on a pool in the config file.

i do it with zpool and their ninja coin.
my line in config:
ExcludeCoins_Zpool = Ninja

for specific algo
ExludeAlgo_Blockmasters = Argon2d500
Pages:
Jump to: