Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 12. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 110
Here's my build based on one of Phil's 3 card builds. I added 1 riser for a 4 card rig. Added risers to a shelf to mount the motherboard and riser. Also made a custom card holder and fan mount from extra shelf parts. Pulling 2450 Sol/s at 755w at the wall. Very stable rig.

3 x MSI Aero 1080 ti
1 x MSI Aero 1070 Mini
1 x EVGA G3 850
1 X 4GB Ram
1 x 32 GB Lexar USB running Fullzero's nvOC

Impressive that you are using 3*1080ti and a 1070 off a single 850W PSU. Are they all set to 65% TPD?

How difficult is it to commence mining on a USB based OS? I am using HDD's and Windows 10 ATM, I would love to expand and use USB OS.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have two picos.  When I ship I will mail one to be modded.

I just can't solder well do to my double cataract surgery .

Be happy to do it  Grin

Need your address to send ya the one I just did for ya  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have two picos.  When I ship I will mail one to be modded.

I just can't solder well do to my double cataract surgery .
Just modified a few more 160w pico psu. What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/pAvnj

looks okay

note I played with the photo a bit

here is my guess on your wires.  please correct my text

The 8 pin is for 8 pin cpu on motherbaords. I never liked the 4+4 lol. And there is molex, sata, and 4 pin cpu power there also. I started doing this mod because I switched to server psu and wanted to run pico off of it also without the barrel connector and get better power to the 8 pin CPU. Thanks for the pic mods Phil.

Edit: Also note that the wire splices are done with uninsulated butt splices that are soldered. Been splitting wires like this in high power applications like this for years. Best way I have found to guarantee good conductivity. All wires to 8 pin cpu connector are 16 ga. The 2 power wires to the pico are 18 ga since that is what they drilled the pc board for.
legendary

looks okay

note I played with the photo a bit

here is my guess on your wires.  please correct my text

Sending one to Phil to play with as way of thanks for all the help.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Graphics chip makers Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices Inc.  (AMD) are both working on graphics processing units (GPU) specifically for processing cryptocurrency transactions, and RBC Capital bet on Nvidia to make the superior chip in their note Friday.

Just goes to show that RBC Capital is clueless.
 The announced NVidia options for mining-only cards are NOT as good as the announced AMD mining-only cards overall - if they'd put a GTX 1070 or a GDDR 5 (not 5x) 1080 in as an option it would be another story though.

They're also wrong about the "much faster" part of that blurb.
 The REAL advantage for mining-specific cards will be better efficiency.

Do you see any confirmation that the mining only 1060 is more efficient than the ordinary 1060?

Cryptomined did a video showing the mining 1060's were about the same as a regular 1060.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deSVpjm1Kk
legendary
Graphics chip makers Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices Inc.  (AMD) are both working on graphics processing units (GPU) specifically for processing cryptocurrency transactions, and RBC Capital bet on Nvidia to make the superior chip in their note Friday.

The announced NVidia options for mining-only cards are NOT as good as the announced AMD mining-only cards overall - if they'd put a GTX 1070 or a GDDR 5 (not 5x) 1080 in as an option it would be another story though.

Do you see any confirmation that the mining only 1060 is more efficient than the ordinary 1060?

no one has shown two 3,4,5,6 or 7 card rigs  head to head on a weeklong test pointed to say  nicehash mining eth.

Till then all is hearsay
Activity: 155

legendary
So Phil  you listed  2 rx 480's  as sold.  I think they were diamond rx 480 8gb.

You mentioned you had

4 Gigabyte       1070  itx  at 440 each
 4 MSI Aero      1070  itx  at 440 each
 2 Katana  slim 1070  itx  at 460 each

What is left?

4 Gigabyte 1070 itx at 440 each free shipping to usa
3 gigabyte 1070 itx at  440 each free shipping to usa

everything else is gone.

I ship on July 5th  or when payment clears if payment is later then July 5th.

I will be all 1080ti for the summer.

Activity: 463
Merit: 301
So Phil  you listed  2 rx 480's  as sold.  I think they were diamond rx 480 8gb.

You mentioned you had

4 Gigabyte       1070  itx  at 440 each
 4 MSI Aero      1070  itx  at 440 each
 2 Katana  slim 1070  itx  at 460 each

What is left?
legendary
My temp 3 card Fan style setup.  There is a bit more of a gap on my motherboard so it probably lets me get away with fan style.   Those fans are blowing out not in  (I think phils is the opposite?) and acutally don't do too much other than drop the heat 3C.   Interestingly the card in slot 1 near the CPU gets the hottest by far and the middle one is really cool.  I also have one fan blowing at them to get some cool air in between the cards which is key to this working.  If I had it in open air I could get away with 2 fans.  All cards running under 60C.  The card in slot one requires 100% fan and tpd 55 so it is not ideal

http://imgur.com/a/y5IHe

http://imgur.com/a/7kWJ0

One of my risers arrived so I have moved it back to a 2 card system. I had to take the backplate off the Auros to get it in the last slot while it was in the case, do not do this if you have stuff in a case there is not enough flow and if your Auros or last card has a DVI port you cant do it either without bending the case.

Was fun though and kept all three of my cards going for the 5 days I needed to wait for gear.

cases kill air flow.
these run cool at fairly high clocks tdp is 165 watts per card on     nvoc0017 OS

Activity: 192
My temp 3 card Fan style setup.  There is a bit more of a gap on my motherboard so it probably lets me get away with fan style.   Those fans are blowing out not in  (I think phils is the opposite?) and acutally don't do too much other than drop the heat 3C.   Interestingly the card in slot 1 near the CPU gets the hottest by far and the middle one is really cool.  I also have one fan blowing at them to get some cool air in between the cards which is key to this working.  If I had it in open air I could get away with 2 fans.  All cards running under 60C.  The card in slot one requires 100% fan and tpd 55 so it is not ideal

http://imgur.com/a/y5IHe

http://imgur.com/a/7kWJ0

One of my risers arrived so I have moved it back to a 2 card system. I had to take the backplate off the Auros to get it in the last slot while it was in the case, do not do this if you have stuff in a case there is not enough flow and if your Auros or last card has a DVI port you cant do it either without bending the case.

Was fun though and kept all three of my cards going for the 5 days I needed to wait for gear.

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
so i have been mining for a while on nicehash to their wallet. I wanna try out some other places. Where do you mine with your 1080 ti + 1070 rig? I see zpool being mentioned here a few times. How are they compared to nicehash?

I would highly recommend something like MiningPoolHub for the time being over Zpool... the last 3-4 days has really cost me a lot of earnings while trying to use zpool.. Its been crashing a lot with random periods with algo's not connecting for hours and when you run a multi-algo miner like i do.. if the algo the pool is stating is the most profitable is unable to be connected to.. your miner literally sits there for minutes to hours trying to connect to it over and over tell it either connects or another algo is decided as more profitable... i switched over to MPH for the past 24hrs and left 1 rig on Zpool to see the difference in profits... both are basically within 5% of one another on hashrates..
I would never recommend any coin or algo swapping pool that uses PPLNS payout like MiningPoolHub, I do like the pool but when I mine there I just mine one algo and one coin otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot.

This is why i have switching interval coded at 6000, so once an hour it switches to the most profitable algo...
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

I would never recommend any coin or algo swapping pool that uses PPLNS payout like MiningPoolHub, I do like the pool but when I mine there I just mine one algo and one coin otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot.

I'm curious about this answer. Could you explain a little more about why you don't like a PPLNS pool? I was under the impression this was a better payout system for small miners? Or are you just talking about switching algos.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 630
Merit: 506
so i have been mining for a while on nicehash to their wallet. I wanna try out some other places. Where do you mine with your 1080 ti + 1070 rig? I see zpool being mentioned here a few times. How are they compared to nicehash?

I would highly recommend something like MiningPoolHub for the time being over Zpool... the last 3-4 days has really cost me a lot of earnings while trying to use zpool.. Its been crashing a lot with random periods with algo's not connecting for hours and when you run a multi-algo miner like i do.. if the algo the pool is stating is the most profitable is unable to be connected to.. your miner literally sits there for minutes to hours trying to connect to it over and over tell it either connects or another algo is decided as more profitable... i switched over to MPH for the past 24hrs and left 1 rig on Zpool to see the difference in profits... both are basically within 5% of one another on hashrates..
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Activity: 630
Merit: 506

Every time a transaction occurs in one of the cryptocurrency markets a GPU speeds up the calculations needed to verify payments. Nvidia and AMD currently make GPUs for everything from video games to self-driving vehicles but don't have a chip specifically for cryptocurrency, yet, RBC said, The cryptocurrency chip will be much faster than using a typical gaming GPU.
Pages:
Jump to: