Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 30. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil... I got the GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3 to test out and I couldnt get LAN to work

Tried on smOS and nvOS but no LAN connection -- seems device is there but couldn't get IP from DHCP.

Tried swaping cables, ports etc but still no cigar.

I am installing Windows now -- as last resort.

Have you encountered this problem with your board?

Anything BIOS do I need to set?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Today's been a bitch.
I'm at work trying to get the wife to see what's wrong with all the rigs
And she's like what's a power supply so it's been aggravating

Did you install SRR?

I had some funky moments when I switched to v9.5 smOS the other day, no w back to 8.1 and 9.4 and all is calm again.

LOL..... I taught the wifey how to switch off and switch on sequence on the power distribution board in the event of power trips last Christmas... best present ever  Grin

I do on four of my rigs but I have the biostar z170 board and it doesn't want to work with the srr

Yup this GT7 board is not easy to get going with SRR - tried many combinations on those on/off pins but no cigar.

Anyways, I am consolidating my Nanos and 480s from these board to another mobo, and will re-purpose them for nvOC Nvidia Linux as 3x GPU mobo - still work in progress; in summary all 1070s will do ETH and all 1080tis will do ZEC.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Today's been a bitch.

Did you install SRR?

I had some funky moments when I switched to v9.5 smOS the other day, no w back to 8.1 and 9.4 and all is calm again.

LOL..... I taught the wifey how to switch off and switch on sequence on the power distribution board in the event of power trips last Christmas... best present ever  Grin

I do on four of my rigs but I have the biostar z170 board and it doesn't want to work with the srr
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Today's been a bitch.

Did you install SRR?

LOL..... I taught the wifey how to switch off and switch on sequence on the power distribution board in the event of power trips last Christmas... best present ever  Grin
idiot of the day is here

I just built my first rig today and placed the motherboard on top of a conductive stainless shelf.. tried to power on for like an hour wondering what the hell is wrong with my build.. It was powering on and off at one point too... Eventually figured out and got it working but how bad is this? lol System is running fine but I am wondering if I made any damage to the board. This is like the dumbest thing ever smh
Are there any burnt components or places? Power it up and you will see if it's working.

as far as i can see I dont see any burnt mark and system seems to run well. so far..

For best & cheapest result -- just use 2 planks of 2x2 wood as the base.

Alternatively, if your mobo came with a strofoam-like sheet in the static bag - you can use that as base too.

That sheet is allegedly made of fire/heat-resistant material -- i have a 1.5 year old Asrock-H81 mobo that is still on that sheet of foam mining 24x7.

I use a wooden base meant for pots/plants from the $2 shop for all my miners -- its cheap, practical and does the job.

Like xleejohnx mentioned, modern mobos have several safeguards for accidental short-circuits, like protective coating, humidifier etc. too

Currently, it is on top of flattened package box (pretty thin though). Is that a good idea? Kinda feel like a fire hazard. Where can I find this wooden base? I got 0 exp in gardening..

idiot of the day is here

I just built my first rig today and placed the motherboard on top of a conductive stainless shelf.. tried to power on for like an hour wondering what the hell is wrong with my build.. It was powering on and off at one point too... Eventually figured out and got it working but how bad is this? lol System is running fine but I am wondering if I made any damage to the board. This is like the dumbest thing ever smh
Are there any burnt components or places? Power it up and you will see if it's working.

as far as i can see I dont see any burnt mark and system seems to run well. so far..

Almost all computer parts have a protective coating on them to help prevent little accidents like this

thank god. It seems to be fine. Also been working fine for 24+ hours now.

Anything between it the metal is okay.
Also it takes a lot of heat to start a fire you'll be fine

Today's been a bitch.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

You do not want to auto switch .  This is not the time for me to explain why  as I need a lot of time to show the down sides of it.

Are you referring to Nemos re:auto switch?
Please elaborate on downsides when you find time/inspiration.
I thing auto-switching scenario on zpool works in general, the issues with graph sometimes not showing balances are not really issues at all because pool does record your hashes under "Balance" heading.
But the big question remains: is it more profitable than mining single coin?
And regarding profitability: MPH charges 0.9% fee vs 3%(?) on nicehash.

have you heard that a stopped clock has perfect time twice a day?

My watch is stopped at 11  so at 11 am and 11 pm it is perfect.

auto switching is always chasing the hot coin = fact

lets say you set switching at 3 minutes min  so eth is what you are on the program constantly checks to see if any coin is better and after 3 minutes time it switches to zec

this means  you were not on zec for 3 minutes of hotness so  10,000 other pc's since since they have the same program you do.  and in 3 minutes that switch cause zec to be less hot then eth.  thus you are always chasing the  hot coin.

this is very simplified since the more people with auto switching the more true it is .  if only 100 people in the world do it then it is less true.

but I carry it forward to the idea that lots of people do it.

next do you switch every 1 min 2 min 3 min 4 min 5 min 6 min 7 min  8 min 9 min 10 min  etc

every switch you make costs $$  how much time to ramp  up  to full speed on a switch.  

so a 10 minute switch cost less in ramp up costs but it is likely to cost in chasing the hot coin costs.

a 1 minute switch cost more in ramp up time but it is cost less in chasing  the hot coin.

So basically I check 4 times a day and manually switch.

I do 90-10  or 80-10-10

so I know what I earned in zec-eth -skein

For quick monitoring and keeping track of hot coins, exp ETH, ZEC and XMR.... in tandem with double checking at whattomine.com, I maintain a Windows machine with NH Windows Miner (v2 Alpha now out) near my work desk.

Basically it mines the most profitable algo and checks profitability table in NH marketplace periodally and in turn you get paid in BTC. This way I can roughly see if renting or mining direct is most profitable.

I dont do skein as I dont mine at zpool anymore.

I focus only in ETH (mining direct or sell to Nicehash) and ZEC (sell to Nicehash).... there are times when selling out your hash at ETH Nicehash marketplace is more profitable than mining direct.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Anyone knows how much power risers draw? Also, what should be the max load for PSU I should shoot for? 85%? 90%?

an     atx-psu rated at 1000 watts is good if your k-watt meter reads 750 watts
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
idiot of the day is here

Alternatively, if your mobo came with a strofoam-like sheet in the static bag - you can use that as base too.

That sheet is allegedly made of fire/heat-resistant material -- i have a 1.5 year old Asrock-H81 mobo that is still on that sheet of foam mining 24x7.

I use a wooden base meant for pots/plants from the $2 shop for all my miners -- its cheap, practical and does the job.

Like xleejohnx mentioned, modern mobos have several safeguards for accidental short-circuits, like protective coating, humidifier etc. too

Currently, it is on top of flattened package box (pretty thin though). Is that a good idea? Kinda feel like a fire hazard. Where can I find this wooden base? I got 0 exp in gardening..

idiot of the day is here

Almost all computer parts have a protective coating on them to help prevent little accidents like this

thank god. It seems to be fine. Also been working fine for 24+ hours now.

legendary

You do not want to auto switch .  This is not the time for me to explain why  as I need a lot of time to show the down sides of it.

I thing auto-switching scenario on zpool works in general, the issues with graph sometimes not showing balances are not really issues at all because pool does record your hashes under "Balance" heading.

have you heard that a stopped clock has perfect time twice a day?

My watch is stopped at 11  so at 11 am and 11 pm it is perfect.

auto switching is always chasing the hot coin = fact

lets say you set switching at 3 minutes min  so eth is what you are on the program constantly checks to see if any coin is better and after 3 minutes time it switches to zec

this means  you were not on zec for 3 minutes of hotness so  10,000 other pc's since since they have the same program you do.  and in 3 minutes that switch cause zec to be less hot then eth.  thus you are always chasing the  hot coin.

this is very simplified since the more people with auto switching the more true it is .  if only 100 people in the world do it then it is less true.

but I carry it forward to the idea that lots of people do it.

next do you switch every 1 min 2 min 3 min 4 min 5 min 6 min 7 min  8 min 9 min 10 min  etc

every switch you make costs $$  how much time to ramp  up  to full speed on a switch.  

so a 10 minute switch cost less in ramp up costs but it is likely to cost in chasing the hot coin costs.

a 1 minute switch cost more in ramp up time but it is cost less in chasing  the hot coin.

So basically I check 4 times a day and manually switch.

I do 90-10  or 80-10-10

so I know what I earned in zec-eth -skein
Anyone knows how much power risers draw? Also, what should be the max load for PSU I should shoot for? 85%? 90%?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
idiot of the day is here

idiot of the day is here

idiot of the day is here

legendary
Phillip, is windows able to run off that usb drive over a ssd? just curious

Yes, Microsoft has a program called windows to USB but the USB has to be greater than 32gb

A case where size does matter

this  64gb  could work

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-JumpDrive-64GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B00S5V5PEC/ref=sr_1_1?
Activity: 501
Thank you !
Currently testing it (copy/paste as it , just with my "user")
is there a way to auto restart EWBF miner if miner or GPU has a problem ? like watchdog for claymore ?

Try this:

Code:

:restart
Timeout /t 30
miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user t1cURHbxrB4xtBNaPH5xLFWE9CvPU5XQcFZ.ew --pass x --port 3333 --fee 0 --eexit 3 --log 1 --pec
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto :restart

Does that go in the miner batch file? Also (newb question) how do I get the IP address?

This starts the miner and also monitors it
The IP address is a standard host only IP address that the program puts out for monitoring

I once had a power shell script that would monitor any mining software  but I can't find it anywhere
Phillip, is windows able to run off that usb drive over a ssd? just curious

Yes, Microsoft has a program called windows to USB but the USB has to be greater than 32gb
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
is there a way to auto restart EWBF miner if miner or GPU has a problem ? like watchdog for claymore ?

Try this:

Code:

Timeout /t 30
miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user t1cURHbxrB4xtBNaPH5xLFWE9CvPU5XQcFZ.ew --pass x --port 3333 --fee 0 --eexit 3 --log 1 --pec
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul

Does that go in the miner batch file? Also (newb question) how do I get the IP address?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Try this:

Code:

Timeout /t 30
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul

Pages:
Jump to: