Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 53. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Are you mounting all your hardware on a wood board only? i was trying to think of ideas to build mining rigs in the future. I was talking to my parents about my mining efforts Sunday over our weekly breakfast meetup.. they told i could put one in the spare bedroom if its not going to be noisy or leave wires dangling all over.. so i was thinking of buying super cheap oversized atx cases to build them in... like my old Haf X case on my old gaming rig has room for like 6 gpus honestly like this one... https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147227&ignorebbr=1 , it can support 2 PSUs and about 5 GPU's easily for under $70

I'm looking for a case. How are you going to fit 5 cards in that case?  Sounds interesting.

IDK honestly i was just going over what they say in the description.. says support for 2 psu and 5 pci access...
The thing is, you can probably build smaller 3 card units for roughly the same as one larger 6 gpu unit.. most people seem to build or buy the open cases and those are running around $200 a pop.....
the reason i state this is this, most motherboards that support 6 gpu's are very costly... the ones i seem to find IN STOCK are around $180-200 each while you can get the more budget model motherboards with 2 full size x16/x8 slots and usually 1 or 2 x1 slots for $60-150... then there is the issue of purchasing risers for all those and a larger PSU to support that.. most decent 1000+ psu's are in the mid $200+ you can get a platinum 850 and less PSU on sale a lot of times for $70-100..... so you save at that point also...

So overall it seems you could build 2, 3-4 card cheat full atx builds for the same price as a single 6 gpu setup.... am i wrong to think this?
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Thanks for the feedback Phil

All going well I'm aiming for 3-4 rigs. Probably using nvoc once it has monitoring added.

I might go for the G1 cards since I'm not limited by space.

Out of interest what are your main drawcards for the mobo direct 2x1080ti/1x1070 rigs? Less complex with no risers? Smaller/cheaper PSUs? Best watts/hash? All of the above?!
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Are you mounting all your hardware on a wood board only? i was trying to think of ideas to build mining rigs in the future. I was talking to my parents about my mining efforts Sunday over our weekly breakfast meetup.. they told i could put one in the spare bedroom if its not going to be noisy or leave wires dangling all over.. so i was thinking of buying super cheap oversized atx cases to build them in... like my old Haf X case on my old gaming rig has room for like 6 gpus honestly like this one... https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147227&ignorebbr=1 , it can support 2 PSUs and about 5 GPU's easily for under $70

I'm looking for a case. How are you going to fit 5 cards in that case?  Sounds interesting.
Does anyone have suggestion for good risers?? This pack seems to be popular but would like to hear some advice. https://www.amazon.com/6-Pack-PCI-E-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B01N3UVJHM/

Talk to hawkfish007 he has good quality risers. Been using his for a bit now.

Hawkfish007 was selling really good pcie risers.

this is his profile ask him if he still has them

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/hawkfish007-352509

@

Jimmykl

I don't believe in seven or six card rigs unless you have at least four of them.

That said I will look at your picks.

Okay I owned 1 of these mini itx for 3 days so far so good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JD2OSX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the 3 fan looks like my asus strix 3 fan 1070

it was good I got rid of it   due to my build style idea of 2 blower1080  ti's with 1 1070  design

my design won't work with the 3 fan 1070's

but this asus was good for cooling

I would think this would be good for cooling

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I just installed my first non AMD card today, a gigabyte 1070 mini.

Have it mining DGB Skein at 410mh/s using ccMiner. I've played around with clocks and power targets and can't get any better. Any suggestions for trying for better?

It's at 80% power, +150 core.

Seems to be more FUD around Nvidia cards....

It is not about super high clock and power.

try

70% power
200 core
0 memory
70% fan

you should get the same 410 and drop power about 13%

Let me check my settings I have the exact same card.

okay  my card is at

78% power
+200 core
-200 memory
78% fan

and I am doing 505 mh

it took a while to dial in max  core and min ram for the best hash number
so you are doing 80% with 410 hash
I am doing 78%   with 505 hash

I point to zpool and use alexis-78 cgminer.
Activity: 463
Merit: 301
Phil  don't you think  blower style is better for a 6-7 card build?   And the better cooler of the three card  is for  wide spaced gear?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I just installed my first non AMD card today, a gigabyte 1070 mini.

Have it mining DGB Skein at 410mh/s using ccMiner. I've played around with clocks and power targets and can't get any better. Any suggestions for trying for better?

It's at 80% power, +150 core.

Seems to be more FUD around Nvidia cards....
legendary
Does anyone have suggestion for good risers?? This pack seems to be popular but would like to hear some advice. https://www.amazon.com/6-Pack-PCI-E-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B01N3UVJHM/

Hawkfish007 was selling really good pcie risers.

this is his profile ask him if he still has them

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/hawkfish007-352509

@

Jimmykl

I don't believe in seven or six card rigs unless you have at least four of them.

That said I will look at your picks.

Okay I owned 1 of these mini itx for 3 days so far so good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JD2OSX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the 3 fan looks like my asus strix 3 fan 1070

it was good I got rid of it   due to my build style idea of 2 blower1080  ti's with 1 1070  design

my design won't work with the 3 fan 1070's

but this asus was good for cooling

I would think this would be good for cooling
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
@philipma1957 or anyone else with 1070 experience

I'm building a 7x1070 riser rig and have GPU choice down to these two cards at roughly the same price (G1 about $15US/card more than Mini):

Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC
Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8G

They both look like they have decent thermal management and samsung ram (going by reviews) but I wonder what other pros/cons I should consider?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

legendary
@ vg54dett  I had issues like that  and went all gigabyte/biostar  those issuse do not happen..

I think asus and asrock do it but not gigabyte or biostar

@philip or anyone really -

wtf is the deal with open box items @ newegg- never ordered open box before but 3 PSU's - 2 mobo's i bought open box - and all 5 items are defective.

won't be buying open box again lol. nice waste of time right there.

I spent like 2 hours messing with a brand new mobo swapping parts 1 at a time just thinking wtf am i doing wrong?! lol... then for some reason a few cables on the open box PSU i was using was out of reach, and cables on a new EVGA were in reach, so I just used those, and bam.... worked like nothing was wrong. I was actually almost going to cry because in my head I was thinking "What if it's the 1080Ti's that are bad...please no, please nooooooooo... not my babies!"

ok off to play some more.

Thanks everyone for this new hobby. it's infuriating ... but fun.

Common  problem
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Anyone ever met this issue ? => when a rig is failing/freezing/hanging , I sometime get all my RIGS down. The internet connection is down on all the rig's local network until I shut down and restart the faulty rig.

(I first thought about a defective MB , but it happened with differents MB)
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hey all,

Phillip directed me to this post.. to post my issues or talks so he is not bombarded by a million PM's lol...

Question 1: I am having issues running the Nvidia cards on the power risers, i have tried multiple cards and all 15 risers with no luck.. i did manage to get them to boot in the x16 slot using a power riser.. the riser is plugged into the x16 slot.. but as soon as i start mining the power riser works for like 5 seconds then the miner looses all connection to the gpu and i have to restart the computer to get the gpu visible again in device manager. I am taking the risers and GPU to friends house to test it on his computer to assure its not a mobo issue... (Pending on that)
Risers im talking about --->https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GWMUK7W

Question 2: Now that i am up and running on my Person PC, i have been using JAXX wallet this whole time due to the sheer amount of wallets they have available to use.. but im kinda unsure if it is the best for me. I want to be able to pull USD from my wallet on a Month/semi-Monthly period at first tell i get the gear all payed off and to have some spending cash... i have no clue what is the best route of going about this from the JAXX wallet. I have been contemplating opening a Coinbase wallet, because they have a instant transfer from cryptocoin-usd ability, but not sure if i should mine into that account or continue with JAXX and transfer it to whichever i convert with.. was told that coinbase charges fees if used for mining account due to high traffic created as well there is a MAX on the amount you can have in your wallets along with a max on amount that can be withdrawn per month...

Question 3: It seems everyone goes the route of using fan cooled GPU's for mining... i have been personally testing mining on my Gaming rig which is watercooled.. im averaging 35c while mining currently with the 2 GPU's with my 1080mm cooling radiator... i have been contemplating in the future going watercooling over fan models of GPU's because for one its near silent to maintain those 35c temps on my 2 gpus now.. but also the 9 fans on my radiator rarely ever come on.. just the passive cooling of the radiator is maintaining enough cooling right now due to the fact the radiator is sitting next to a suction vent for my house a/c....
Also i have noticed that some companies liek zotec have GPU's already waterblocked for lik $30-50 more over the fan models with leak warranties for 3-5 years on the waterblocks...

Question 4: Lastly are their other pools that support skein mining? im wanting to test other pools because my hashrates on zpool are netting me 20-22% less than every calculator is estimating my earnings based on the hashrate accepted... someone mentioned supernova, but that pool only has 1 coin on skein algo enabled for mining if i understand correctly.. so i would only be able to mine DGB, i kinda like the 4 coin switching on zpool when the values fluctuate.. dont get me wrong i really like the earnings thus far over my nicehash earnings even with the less profit based on calculators..
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Does anyone use alexisminer here? i want to mine DGB but i couldn't find any documentation on the github repo on how to set it up.

Use this miner here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nemosminer-multi-algo-profit-switching-nvidiacpu-miner-1777336

Alexis78 is built into it. Code below thanks to jared.
Open text document, paste, save as a .bat file in the miner folder and run it.

Code:
:start
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PeXHjiP1BQJtwEavVdp8bKWZXiHAnRH5x -p Testrig,c=BTC,skein,stats
goto start

Does this auto switch the profit i recieve into btc? i want to get paid in DGB axtually not in btc!

Yes that what the c=BTC part is. I'm not sure if you need to delete that part or change it to c=DGB.

yep, if you want to get paid in DGB, you need to use a DGB wallet address, and tell the pool DGB via c=DGB....

Hopefully that 1Pe address is your BTC address; or those mining funds went to that BTC address whomever owns it.......
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
@Vosk...Are you just posting the webpage address that your pic is on ?

You need to click on your pic and then "copy image location" and paste that into IMG tags.

Code:
 [img]http://i.imgur.com/QZs1bOn.png[/img]

ah. . .  I see now, I used to use photobucket for all this stuff but then I had to start paying 30 dollars annually due to bandwidth usage so I'm switching to imgur like most use here, rookie all over again xD I was just grabbing the copy link -- thank you
Activity: 186
Does anyone use alexisminer here? i want to mine DGB but i couldn't find any documentation on the github repo on how to set it up.

Use this miner here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nemosminer-multi-algo-profit-switching-nvidiacpu-miner-1777336

Alexis78 is built into it. Code below thanks to jared.
Open text document, paste, save as a .bat file in the miner folder and run it.

Code:
:start
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PeXHjiP1BQJtwEavVdp8bKWZXiHAnRH5x -p Testrig,c=BTC,skein,stats
goto start

Does this auto switch the profit i recieve into btc? i want to get paid in DGB axtually not in btc!

Yes that what the c=BTC part is. I'm not sure if you need to delete that part or change it to c=DGB.
Activity: 350
@philip or anyone really -

wtf is the deal with open box items @ newegg- never ordered open box before but 3 PSU's - 2 mobo's i bought open box - and all 5 items are defective.

won't be buying open box again lol. nice waste of time right there.

I spent like 2 hours messing with a brand new mobo swapping parts 1 at a time just thinking wtf am i doing wrong?! lol... then for some reason a few cables on the open box PSU i was using was out of reach, and cables on a new EVGA were in reach, so I just used those, and bam.... worked like nothing was wrong. I was actually almost going to cry because in my head I was thinking "What if it's the 1080Ti's that are bad...please no, please nooooooooo... not my babies!"

ok off to play some more.

Thanks everyone for this new hobby. it's infuriating ... but fun.
Activity: 186
@Vosk...Are you just posting the webpage address that your pic is on ?

You need to click on your pic and then "copy image location" and paste that into IMG tags.

Code:
 [img]http://i.imgur.com/QZs1bOn.png[/img]
legendary
What's everyones thoughts on genesis mining bitcoin mining contract? I ran the numbers on the 20 TH contract and it should be a solid 600 profit a month open ended contract, so 4-5 month ROI, charge a dollar a day maintenance fee at 20 TH, so 40 would be 2 dollar etc

I used my buddys code to bring it down to almost $2.5k, a lot of people talk negatively about it, but if you compare the numbers thats pretty solid with zero % hassle lol, don't get me wrong I'm about to working on building 2 more rigs but its nice to mix it up I guess.

What are everyone elses thoughts here? I've been on their Monero contract for a month now and earned 6 Monero, this BTC contract on todays rates is almost 2x as profitable it seems. If anyone wants 3% off you can use my coupon discount code for genesis mining = p7Yi4l

http://imgur.com/a/IlDYW

Screenshot of sliding purchase bar, price is before 3% discount applied. Their bitcoin contracts seem to come & go, it's been unavailable for the past couple weeks but available ATM.

Again this is a genuine post as a lot of good discussion takes place in this thread, but per the numbers the some rigs will make this same amount for a couple hundred bucks less? What do you guys think?

edit why do my images rarely work?

best guess is you don't make them small  like 1600 by 1200 or    1280 by 1024   upper right  they have a re- size option  

it is 2600 for 20 th  about 1 coin.

at hashnest it is 1.4 btc for 20000th
Pages:
Jump to: