Pages:
Author

Topic: Freedom is ... - page 14. (Read 14409 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2012, 04:36:34 PM
Wouldn't they also go unnoticed in a regulatory society, and thus will go unenforced? What do government regulators have that people who are involved with a person doing those things directly don't?

A law requiring enforcement.

How would that help if the act goes unnoticed though?

Excellent observation. That's exactly the problem in an AnCap type of society. There's a much less consistent noticing of such things, unlike a society which enforces such things through seasonal inspections and such.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
December 25, 2012, 04:02:27 PM
Wouldn't they also go unnoticed in a regulatory society, and thus will go unenforced? What do government regulators have that people who are involved with a person doing those things directly don't?

How would that help if the act goes unnoticed though?
legendary
December 25, 2012, 04:00:57 PM
Freedom is being able to protect myself however I want to and to be able to make as much money as I want to without anyone telling me how I can or cannot do it.

That works when there is no causal relationship between you and the rest of society.

What do you mean by "causal relationship?"

A causal relationship is when one variable causes a change in another variable. X causes a change in Y.

X = your actions.
Y = society.

EDIT: what the fuck did you think it meant?

I was just confused that you seem to have thought that it's possible to make money without any " casual" relationships.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
December 24, 2012, 07:30:24 PM
One is free when one takes responsibility for ones actions, satisfy ones own needs, when one is able to exist fully independently of others.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
December 24, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
the room IN BETWEEN you and the law
December 24, 2012, 06:14:00 PM
What freedoms do I lose when I, and others, participate in unregulated activities? I've yet to knowingly experience this.

I think your comment solidifies the notion that you're not too well read in science, the environment, politics or economics. Would you like some recommended reading?

And by the way, have a great holiday!
Activity: 391
Merit: 333
December 24, 2012, 06:05:49 PM
What freedoms do I lose when I, and others, participate in unregulated activities? I've yet to knowingly experience this.
December 24, 2012, 05:35:50 PM

How is it freedom when you are forced to pay somone else to upload laws which ensure your freedom? Doesn't this imply that you're enslaved to the law's enforcers and that you don't naturally have freedom without them?

Better that than lose the freedoms removed from unregulated activities.
Activity: 391
Merit: 333
December 24, 2012, 05:33:52 PM

How is it freedom when you are forced to pay somone else to upload laws which ensure your freedom? Doesn't this imply that you're enslaved to the law's enforcers and that you don't naturally have freedom without them?
December 24, 2012, 05:32:29 PM
Freedom is being able to protect myself however I want to and to be able to make as much money as I want to without anyone telling me how I can or cannot do it.

That works when there is no causal relationship between you and the rest of society.

A causal relationship is when one variable causes a change in another variable. X causes a change in Y.

X = your actions.
Y = society.

EDIT: what the fuck did you think it meant?
December 24, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
I guess you don't understand how small things summed in aggregate become big things. Have a good day.

And you never understood that in AnCap, all small things will aggregate into big things. Anarchy is not "everyone for themselves," it's "everyone for freely choosing their alliances." If you can't understand the larger implication of this then you can't understand AnCap.
(Yes, even if those alliances form some sort pseudo-totalitarian, taxing authorities that control and tax whoever lives on their territory)

I believe you missed the point. Small things, virtually unnoticed, go unenforced. But in aggregate, create monstrous problems.

legendary
December 24, 2012, 05:11:46 PM
I guess you don't understand how small things summed in aggregate become big things. Have a good day.

And you never understood that in AnCap, all small things will aggregate into big things. Anarchy is not "everyone for themselves," it's "everyone for freely choosing their alliances." If you can't understand the larger implication of this then you can't understand AnCap.
(Yes, even if those alliances form some sort pseudo-totalitarian, taxing authorities that control and tax whoever lives on their territory)

I believe you missed the point. Small things, virtually unnoticed, go unenforced. But in aggregate, create monstrous problems.

legendary
December 24, 2012, 05:09:28 PM

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
December 24, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
Count Sparkle - Congratulations!!!!!  I believe you may be our first "Political Sock-puppet" account.   AND you're a AnCap supporter Smiley Applause all the way around.  Gotta love the account created on Dec 19th and then almost immediately starts posting in here, just to support your fringe ideal.   Has too much reality and logic been hitting AnCap too much lately for you to start making up new supporters?

Not at all. You can blame two things on this: Minimum post requirements to get out of the newbie section, and boredom. The reason for this account have more to do with my attempt at showing that AnCap is not an ideology, but is something that is already practiced. I need to stay anonymous because I fully intend on braking laws (and in a small way already am) which I don't believe are ethically just. My anonymity, combined with Bitcoin, Tor, and PGP, means that your laws are irrelevant, since they can't do anything about what it is I am involved in (stay tuned  Cheesy). Posting here and replying to you is really just "shooting the shit" as they say.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
December 24, 2012, 04:49:44 PM
Freedom is the capacity to act without restraint or limitation.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
December 24, 2012, 04:16:41 PM

Do you mean in an AnCap society, or in a Statist regulatory one? Or both? in which case it's irrelevant anyway.

Count Sparkle - Congratulations!!!!!  I believe you may be our first "Political Sock-puppet" account.   AND you're a AnCap supporter Smiley Applause all the way around.  Gotta love the account created on Dec 19th and then almost immediately starts posting in here, just to support your fringe ideal.   Has too much reality and logic been hitting AnCap too much lately for you to start making up new supporters?

December 24, 2012, 04:09:33 PM

Do you mean in an AnCap society, or in a Statist regulatory one? Or both? in which case it's irrelevant anyway.
December 24, 2012, 03:40:19 PM

December 24, 2012, 03:33:03 PM

December 24, 2012, 03:21:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: