Pages:
Author

Topic: Freewallet.org - SCAMMERS CONFIRMED - Pending Litigation - page 7. (Read 1679 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I am still shocked how can people in the year 2021 still keep huge amounts of money in the custody of basically random third party.

I'm not shocked at all, because people are still generally confused about what cryptocurrencies are and what the differences are between fiat and crypto - and between the classic banks and services in question. If by any chance the OP had taken $100 000 to its bank and deposited it in the account, the bank would certainly have responded through its internal mechanisms and asked the owner to prove where his money came from.

The OP simply chose from all the bad option one that will cost him a lot of time and nerves, but that is the price he has to pay if he just sends $100k to a complete stranger with a catastrophically bad reputation.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
I don't know the average income in your country, but $ 100,000 amount is not small to ignore doing research before depositing that amount, especially in a privacy-based currency like Monero.

Although all the allegations are against Freewallet.org, there are some successful money-back cases that have been carried out through them, so continue to provide the data they request.
In the future, remember: your keys are not your currencies, and avoid using Freewallet.org. They are not free nor a wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
$100,000 in monero gone, stolen by these crooks.

I am still shocked how can people in the year 2021 still keep huge amounts of money in the custody of basically random third party.
Sorry OP and best of luck, you will need it.

of my original post topic=5328489.0.

We live in a lazy world. Here's the full link for those interested https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/freewalletorg-scam-alert-5328489
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
--snip--

Hello,

Please note that as long as the verification procedure is on, your money is completely safe. We'll update you on the progress of it.

With the word "safe", i assume you're talking about the fact that, from your point of view it's "safe". You are holding the keys.
From the user's point of view, they are in complete and utter uncertainty whether or not they'll ever see their hard earned money again... If you were holding my money, i would never use the word "safe".

@OP: thanks for the update. Maybe you can make a post in your previous topic with a link to this one, and afterwards lock your previous topic? This way, everybody interested in your story that has your previous post on their watchlist will be able to put this new topic on their watchlist instead Smiley
Activity: 551
Merit: 11
Hello, this is continuance of my original post topic=5328489.0.

Hello,

Please note that as long as the verification procedure is on, your money is completely safe. We'll update you on the progress of it.
Activity: 20
Merit: 2
Hello, this is continuance of my original post topic=5328489.0.

$100,000 in monero gone, stolen by these crooks.
I had asked freewallet.org to send me one email with all requested info and I provided all the documents/selfies.
Then after a week they are requesting more documents. They told me not to post this but I was advised that I can post this and let everyone know what to expect when dealing with these scammers:

First they will ask you for a selfie.

Then they will send something like this:

To proceed with the verification procedure, the security department requests the following information:

1) Screenshots of your incoming transactions where we can see the hash, amount and the name of the sending service (another wallet, exchange and so on);
2) Photo of your identification document of the owner of the account: an international ID or a driver’s license (a photo of both sides).
3) Bank statement or utility bill where we can see your name and resident address. Information should be in English;
4) A photo of the owner of the account in front of the image “Attention” (attached below) on your computer monitor (if you use a web version of Freewallet) or near your mobile device with the app open so that we were able to see your user ID.

Once we receive all the required information, we will forward it to our security department for verification.

We truly appreciate your collaboration. If you have any questions regarding the required information, you can read more about the procedure here.

Then they will send something like this:
Please send us original photos of your ID and photos of yourself with your account settings section and the image "Attention" (attached below). Please note that screenshots of these photos are not accepted.

Everybody, they are not aloud to do this. If they request this info from you, please let us know so we can add this to our case. I am openly saying that we are following litigation and are suing the f*%* out of these scammers. I honestly care more about justice than the $100,000 these scammers have took from me.
Pages:
Jump to: