Pages:
Author

Topic: FreiCoin (FRC) discussion (was FreiCoin (FRC) for TRC, PPC, LTC or BTC) - page 5. (Read 42592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Ok re installed everything cleaned up old data seems its now connecting but still losing active connections. 1 min it had 8 then 3 then none and does not connect up.

Anyone got a full list of ports this uses to forward in router ?

I have 8332 and 8639 forwarded is their any others it uses or just them ?

Dont forward the RPC port (8332)

There is no need for people on the outside to connect to the remote RPC port.

Have you been able to get solo-mining work yet? If your mining software shows any hashes at all it is working.

I have managed to get it to connect up to a total of 23 connections and it wont download blocks or synk and download and this has been left open for over 5 hours and not downloading any data.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
I am in the middle of a complete rework of my personal network (Including the mining rigs). I will turn my miners (about 3.5 G/Hs) to the Freicoin network as soon as everything is done.

That would be great. We only saw 7 blocks solved in the last 24 hours. At this rate it is going to take 64 days till the difficulty adjusts. Then I guess we can expect a rush again.

Well the good thing for people that hold Freicoin is this effectively greatly reduces the time value of demurrage. In a way it makes Freicoin worth more because you're losing less.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
Dreamwatcher: Waste of energy, try another alt.
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
I am in the middle of a complete rework of my personal network (Including the mining rigs). I will turn my miners (about 3.5 G/Hs) to the Freicoin network as soon as everything is done.

That would be great. We only saw 7 blocks solved in the last 24 hours. At this rate it is going to take 64 days till the difficulty adjusts. Then I guess we can expect a rush again.
legendary
Activity: 1064
I have lifted the connection limit on the cryptocoinexplorer.com Freicoin daemon, in order to help with providing nodes.

put:

addnode=96.126.122.8

In your freicoin.conf file.

This will have your client-daemon daemon always try to connect to the daemon at cryptocoinexplorer.com (96.126.122.8 ) as one of its connected nodes.

It looks like we are about ~451 blocks away from the next difficulty adjustment (Please post the correct amount if this is wrong).

At normal rate (Target -  1 block every 10 minutes) this would take about 3 days.

Although too late now, perhaps a secondary condition for changing the difficulty based on a low average of blocks over a few days might avoid the issue in the future for any cryptocurrency. This is just a quick suggestion and I have not flushed out all the security concerns. This would probably require a hard fork.

Ok re installed everything cleaned up old data seems its now connecting but still losing active connections. 1 min it had 8 then 3 then none and does not connect up.

Dont forward the RPC port (8332)

There is no need for people on the outside to connect to the remote RPC port.

Have you been able to get solo-mining work yet? If your mining software shows any hashes at all it is working.

So essentially there isn't enough hashing power on the network to make things suitably quick?

My client is reporting 15677 blocks complete, and the last was generated 13 hours ago. Normally it takes but a few seconds to sync up.

Hoping the freicoin network is intact.

Edit - Decided to push some hashing power to the network for the evening. Lets hope someone gets the next block.

The network is still fine. For one, it's the exact same as bitcoin.

We haven't monkeyed with the proven parameters that make Bitcoin work, not even the targeted inter-block time.

As you can see at cryptocoinexplorer.com, the current block is 15677. http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:4750/chain/Freicoin

legendary

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
You may be having problems due to the disparity between difficulty and the current network hash rate.

Blocks are sometimes taking the entire network hours to solve and as a result the client believes it is not synced.

Keep the daemon-client running until the next block is solved and it will sync.

If you shutdown the client-daemon and the latest block it can get from the network is hours old when starting it again, it will again need to wait until current block is solved to sync up.

So essentially there isn't enough hashing power on the network to make things suitably quick?

My client is reporting 15677 blocks complete, and the last was generated 13 hours ago. Normally it takes but a few seconds to sync up.

Hoping the freicoin network is intact.

Edit - Decided to push some hashing power to the network for the evening. Lets hope someone gets the next block.
legendary
Activity: 1064
You may be having problems due to the disparity between difficulty and the current network hash rate.

Blocks are sometimes taking the entire network hours to solve and as a result the client believes it is not synced.

Keep the daemon-client running until the next block is solved and it will sync.

If you shutdown the client-daemon and the latest block it can get from the network is hours old when starting it again, it will again need to wait until current block is solved to sync up.
legendary
Activity: 1876
server=1
rpcuser=DaCrazy1
rpcpassword=1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332

does not connect up when running as server loads up but does not connect to anyone

it it were me, i would change the rpcallowip

rpcallowip=192.168.*.*   or such

Tried that too and still not working. All am getting is unable to connect to pool 0 all other coins mine perfectly fine. And to add to that it si not downloading block info or anything too. just sits their doing nothing

Well, then that is the issue.  You cannot mine solo if you dont have the entire chain.  reinstall?
legendary
server=1
rpcuser=DaCrazy1
rpcpassword=1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332

does not connect up when running as server loads up but does not connect to anyone

Tried that too and still not working. All am getting is unable to connect to pool 0 all other coins mine perfectly fine. And to add to that it si not downloading block info or anything too. just sits their doing nothing
legendary
server=1
rpcuser=DaCrazy1
rpcpassword=1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332

legendary
server=1
rpcuser=DaCrazy1
rpcpassword=1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332

legendary
What ports this use for solo mining on ? is it same as client using 8639?

SOLO MINING INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download freicoin (http://freico.in) and cgminer (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer)
2) Run freicoin with these flags freicoin-qt.exe -rpcuser=USERNAME -rpcpassword=PASSWORD
3) Run cgminer with these flags cgminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8332 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

Done as instructed however its is not connecting and theirs no connections to it i get 1 or 2 connections with ports forwarded and still keeps on dropping

I for one always put everything in /userxxx/roaming/xxxxx/freicoin.conf

server=1
legendary

SOLO MINING INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download freicoin (http://freico.in) and cgminer (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer)
2) Run freicoin with these flags freicoin-qt.exe -rpcuser=USERNAME -rpcpassword=PASSWORD
3) Run cgminer with these flags cgminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:8332 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

Done as instructed however its is not connecting and theirs no connections to it i get 1 or 2 connections with ports forwarded and still keeps on dropping

SOLO MINING INSTRUCTIONS

legendary
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
Initial difficulty is set in the genesis block.  Changing it for the Bitcoin chain would cause an immediate hard fork as all subsequent blocks would be invalid.   

Please exercise some reading comprehension, I know you can't change the difficulty in old block and I'm not talking about changing anything in the Bitcoin CHAIN or any existing chain, just the development software packages initial difficulty which gets put into the genesis block, that's a change which will effect only newly created chains and allow them to start at reasonable speeds.

Their point is that a new node downloading the chain from the start would reject the first valid blocks because of difficulty. I guess they're right, although I'm not sure how this would interact with checkpoints...
Pages:
Jump to: