Pages:
Author

Topic: Fuck! I may have cancer - page 5. (Read 3479 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 15, 2013, 02:52:22 AM
shit, sorry to hear.. hopefully things are alright. if it's cancer, go on a drug and hooker binge. might as well live it up. they say psychadelics may be a good way in coping with one's death.. so maybe you could try that if you haven't? better yet, go to an ahuyasca retreat in south america.

if it's the worst case scenario, then you should go sky diving or bungee jumping. why not? the cold fact is that you're going to die anyways, so if the bungee is loose or your parachute doesn't work, no biggie.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2013, 02:36:49 AM
I'm hoping it's not a cancer  Cry

Well start making a bucket list
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
December 15, 2013, 02:23:55 AM
Believing you'll be cured, and not going against doctors' recommendations, can increase the odds of a "miracle" happening. Modern medicine and faith that you will be cured, when put together, have been found to increase the odds of a person surviving way more than either one alone.

Also, do your best to keep both your body and mind healthy. Laugh, exercise, do puzzles, videogames, have fun with friends etc. Having a positive attitude about things, and making sure your body doesn't have to fix things other than your disease, also can help a lot.

And don't give up, even if the doctor says you're gonna die, there is still chance there will be a new discovery before you kick the bucket, and once in a while people live for many years past what the doctors expected.

Thanks for the uplifting stuff. I got to mention I have bipolar-disorder so it's a pretty tough life anyway, cancer may just be a little cherry-on-top.

I just hope I don't have it though. If I do I'll donate the majority of my bitcoins to cancer research (I don't have that many).

The possibility is a real downer but at least I'll know pretty soon. I got to get my affairs in order anyway. Tidy up my room and get rid of anything incriminating or useless in my possession.

The potential cancer site is pretty deep in. To get a proper look at it I had to dry my tongue with paper towels and pull it out. Luckily it seems to be mostly on one side of the tongue, which means I'll probably get to keep it(?)
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
December 15, 2013, 02:15:24 AM
Believing you'll be cured, and not going against doctors' recommendations, can increase the odds of a "miracle" happening. Modern medicine and faith that you will be cured, when put together, have been found to increase the odds of a person surviving way more than either one alone.

Also, do your best to keep both your body and mind healthy. Laugh, exercise, do puzzles, videogames, have fun with friends etc. Having a positive attitude about things, and making sure your body doesn't have to fix things other than your disease, also can help a lot.

And don't give up, even if the doctor says you're gonna die, there is still chance there will be a new discovery before you kick the bucket, and once in a while people live for many years past what the doctors expected.
Life is a taxable event
December 15, 2013, 02:06:30 AM
Where do you think it is?

Oral cancer, at the base of the tongue, I've had pain for a while but I don't remember exactly how long. There is a lump and a deformation on the top left base of the tongue. It's really far in but quite big.

Of course it might as well not be cancer.
Life is a taxable event
December 15, 2013, 02:04:56 AM
http://phoenixtears.ca/

Concentrated cannabis cures cancer.

I'll opt for surgery if possible. It's still very early to tell of course.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
December 15, 2013, 02:04:00 AM
Where do you think it is?
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 15, 2013, 02:03:21 AM
http://phoenixtears.ca/

Concentrated cannabis cures cancer.
Life is a taxable event
December 15, 2013, 02:03:06 AM
You are healthy.

Well, apart from the constant pain and the possible cancer, you could say that.

I guess it's time to take up meth-making to provide for my family.

Edit: Obviously I'm joking about the meth-cooking.
legendary
You cannot kill love
December 15, 2013, 02:00:43 AM
You are healthy.
Life is a taxable event
December 15, 2013, 01:54:06 AM
I may have cancer, I will know in a little less than 2 weeks. This is not the way I want to die, balled up in a hospital. I don't really want to talk to my friends and family about it until this proves to be cancer.

I'll know for sure this December 26.

And the countdown begins.
Pages:
Jump to: