Pages:
Author

Topic: [GAM] Gambit | Private Trading Group | Trading Indicators | Trading Classroom - page 64. (Read 297515 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Just bought a little... heck why not

These concepts of incentivising use and burning supply are were its at if they prove they can work
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
@CollinCrypto [GAM]

EDITED

This post is very old.  Please see the main thread at GambitCrypto.com for up-to-date information.

EDITED
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Simple SHORT all altcoin !
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
Hey Collin, how many traders are there to start trading after the ICO closes and escrow is released?
Any indication of ETA for the trading of Gambit to open?

While there are a few more confirmations pending, we are looking at around 10 so far.  To keep competition stiff, the hard-limit will be around 25 traders at one time.  If there are many more than 25 full time traders who would like to get involved, we are leaving the option open to having a "paper trade" competition where BTC does not follow their trades but they can still call positions.  If these traders make numerous successful calls they would push someone else out of the leader-boards and replace their spot, in a sense.

Slow and steady wins the race, all the details will come out progressively after wallets are distributed and staking.  Since the spreadsheets will start empty and everyone at 0:0 for profitable trades, the first few trades will be smaller to allow for everyone to get a feel for the system, and allow some trading history is built.

Exciting stuff! looking forward to seeing things unfold...
Activity: 595
Hey Collin, how many traders are there to start trading after the ICO closes and escrow is released?

While there are a few more confirmations pending, we are looking at around 10 so far.  To keep competition stiff, the hard-limit will be around 25 traders at one time.  If there are many more than 25 full time traders who would like to get involved, we are leaving the option open to having a "paper trade" competition where BTC does not follow their trades but they can still call positions.  If these traders make numerous successful calls they would push someone else out of the leader-boards and replace their spot, in a sense.

Slow and steady wins the race, all the details will come out progressively after wallets are distributed and staking.  Since the spreadsheets will start empty and everyone at 0:0 for profitable trades, the first few trades will be smaller to allow for everyone to get a feel for the system, and allow some trading history is built.
Great to hear that.
Do you have a time/date for the wallets? I'd like to start staking from the beginning ;-)
Activity: 332
@CollinCrypto [GAM]

EDITED

This post is very old.  Please see the main thread at GambitCrypto.com for up-to-date information.

EDITED
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Looks like it may all sell out! Idk if I like that or not, seems like an awfully big market cap from the get go. Well, I'm taking the gamble anyways.
Holy crap, its gone double what they asked for?? Someone knows something ...
You mean volume? It is now more than 3x the minimum for successful ICO at a total of 155 BTC and still almost 8 hours to go.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Holy crap, its gone double what they asked for?? Someone knows something ...
Activity: 25
Wow, volume is very impressive. Going to buy some more today. Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Thanks. Just didn't want to miss anything if I was sleeping in GMT land. Looks like I won't.
Is there a countdown clock?
Not that I know of, but the deadline is pretty easy: midnight PST tonight (USA west coast)
so at this moment 12 hours and 15 mins to go.
We are at 107 BTC, more than twice the ICO threshold!
BTW, it looks like this forum's time stamps are in GMT, so the deadline is at 7AM GMT.
Not that I know of, but the deadline is pretty easy: midnight PST tonight (USA west coast)
so at this moment 12 hours and 15 mins to go.
We are at 107 BTC, more than twice the ICO threshold!
Hopefullly the rate of burn is higher then the POS rate.
The specs are 60 sec block time; max PoS reward 2.5 Gam, which would mean a max 1.3 mio Gam per year,
which would dilute the max ICO offering by 50%,
but another piece of the spec says max 5% staking interest, so apparently the average PoS reward is 10% of the max reward?
Anyway - when day trading in BTC, you can double your investment overnight. Granted you can (and I have) failed several times
and lost all I invested, but I made up for it in the last months where I not doubled but multiplied my initial investment by 4x
and I am not a professional day trader, just an average Joe with a full time job and with an account on one of the exchanges.
So yeah, I would be very surprised if the burn rate would not be orders of magnitude larger than the staking rewards.
I rather see a different problem - what if the supply of Gam at the exchange was all exhausted and still BTC are flowing in?
How can you convince hoarders to sell? Offer 1 BTC per Gam?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Activity: 21
Wow! What a race now to the dead line.
Activity: 387
thats what makes it interesing.
when the dev makes profits while the traders make profit, it cuts supply and makes everyone more profit.

it can fail, but that means people that depend on day trading are going to be homeless too, so its got only beneficial moves for everyone.

They also mention possible future acquisitions to further diversify, so it may not be completely reliant on day trading.  I'm sure this aspect will take a while to implement (require significant funds), but that would be another way to reward holders.

Hopefullly the rate of burn is higher then the POS rate.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
thats what makes it interesing.
when the dev makes profits while the traders make profit, it cuts supply and makes everyone more profit.

it can fail, but that means people that depend on day trading are going to be homeless too, so its got only beneficial moves for everyone.
Pages:
Jump to: