Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain - page 3. (Read 8457 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
May 30, 2015, 02:25:28 PM
There are lots of good ideas to implement in gaming and specially Android/iOS games, simple games that give out tons of small payments. Too bad microtransactions as we know them are a big problem right now for the blockchain to handle, it would be too much flood.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 30, 2015, 01:50:40 PM
Gaming will be great on blockchain.
Can we earn bits through gaming??
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 30, 2015, 01:39:53 PM
not to mention that he still not understanding, because we are not talking about faucets by any means, he really need to watch a game of Starcraft 2 before we can continue this conversation...

Yes I know that this is game but I just want a compare to faucet, is this worth to play as a game or we can just do this like faucets claim after you get some resources because I know that Starcraft game is not easy to play and need a lot of time to earn about the gas and everything that need to build your base to become strong

That's why this game need to be a fun game, so although we don't earn so much Bitcoin but we spent our time for fun Smiley

The point is we need to play this game to earn a lot so why should it be fun? Altough it is not fun since the payout is good I think everyone gonna play it like crazy. That is just wasting time not a fun time to play

again it's not about earning, it's about playing video game and earning something, it's all about fun... when you play gta5/random moba/battlefield 4, you do it for the earning? maybe you are not a gaming guy, because otherwise you would have already realized, what we are talking about
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 30, 2015, 01:29:43 PM
not to mention that he still not understanding, because we are not talking about faucets by any means, he really need to watch a game of Starcraft 2 before we can continue this conversation...

Yes I know that this is game but I just want a compare to faucet, is this worth to play as a game or we can just do this like faucets claim after you get some resources because I know that Starcraft game is not easy to play and need a lot of time to earn about the gas and everything that need to build your base to become strong

That's why this game need to be a fun game, so although we don't earn so much Bitcoin but we spent our time for fun Smiley

The point is we need to play this game to earn a lot so why should it be fun? Altough it is not fun since the payout is good I think everyone gonna play it like crazy. That is just wasting time not a fun time to play
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
May 30, 2015, 12:08:03 PM

legendary
May 30, 2015, 10:50:01 AM

Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 30, 2015, 05:20:31 AM
Hopefully one day I'll get the chance to see a game system being developed around bitcoin. Something that will actually reward you based on the hours or time spent playing the game or a concept whereby you can actually trade the in-game currency with real bitcoin. Similarly vice versa including buying game tokens with bitcoin or spending it to get credits. The possibilities are endless.
legendary
May 30, 2015, 02:24:16 AM
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
May 30, 2015, 01:49:34 AM
Faucets are boring. I'm going to be playing video games, anyways. Cryptocurrency rewards are just free money on top.
legendary
May 29, 2015, 01:25:23 PM
what about a rts like age of empire that utilize bitcoin and altcoin as a resource system in-game, so instead of wood and gold you get bitcoin and altcoin, then your final income can be withdrawal only if you win the game

But to withdraw your bitcoin after win some games I dont think that is a good idea because that will be a wasting if you can't end it fast, you just wasting you time running circle to get items to make you stronger before you can end it. If that is the game plan may be we do some botting faucet, its easier to do than playing game

it's not only about earning, it's about putting together two things that you may like, playing video game and earning few cent or even more why not, if you are good enough, this is about skill, not gambling or anything else, only the best will earn more, it's not a field for everybody

and actually you need to end it slowly and accumulate many resources, so you can cash more, so in the end who will earn more is the one that will play wisely his resource

But to get all equips that you need to fight monster and get some resouces its kind of taking some time and that will not be easy to do since the game is rts game and for cashing out until you really got some great resources, is that a legit? I ever saw game that they got about 50k++ bitcoin, if they want to cash out are the admin willing to pay all of it? This is like gambling to me

gambling? this has nothing to do with gambling ever, do you know what age of empire is or what rts are in general, they are based on pure skill, and they are more skill demanding than any other game

mi intention is to not base the resouces 1:1 with bitcoin of  course, you can do 1000:1, so for every 1 in-game resource you get 1000 satoshi or 100 satoshi, this should be tweaked based on how many resources one can have at the end of the match in a standard game

but bears in mind that you can't get as many resources as you think, because you need it to build your stuff(units, buildings, upgrades ecc...), but it could be the case, where two players just sit there and accumulate until they have plenty of resources then let one of them wins, the next time they let the other wins ecc, this could be a way of abusing this system

Thats why I said this is kind of gambling. You want to earn it fast by doing some abuse to the system or may be you just can play it a long way just to earn some. But that is not the problem here. The things that I can't agree is on the payment actually. Altough its 1000:1, at one day you really got nothing to do after you have completed all of your buildings and items and in that time your resources must be full loaded. And are they gonna to pay you the real price for the resources or that is just a camuflauge to scam us by asking us to play this kind of games?

there is nothing scammy about this system, it is just a way of rewarding skill, you don't need to pay anything, at best there coul be some stuff to buy not related exactly to the game, but this will probably suits more an fps game than a rts

that abuse i was talking about was just one of the little problems that could rise with my suggestion, nothing to worry about it can be always tweak it

you should really see some rts playing to understand, this is not simcity, i'ts not about sitting there and let your money grows then cash out, you must defeat your opponent in a multiplayer match, human vs human, take a look at starcraft 2 for example

the only difference is that the players would play with bitcoin in-game and not minerals or gas like in the case of Starcraft, then only who win can retrieve his resources as a reward

Ok now that will make sense, its like kind of faucet right? But it combine two things so we can earn it with convert it trough resources and still didnt know about the percentage. So how is this good compared to other faucets if you talk that game like starcraft? If you said that multiplayer match may be its not worth and like solo play it will be take some time altough the payout is good so which one is worth to do? Solo, multiplayer or faucets?
legendary
May 29, 2015, 12:56:28 PM
what about a rts like age of empire that utilize bitcoin and altcoin as a resource system in-game, so instead of wood and gold you get bitcoin and altcoin, then your final income can be withdrawal only if you win the game

But to withdraw your bitcoin after win some games I dont think that is a good idea because that will be a wasting if you can't end it fast, you just wasting you time running circle to get items to make you stronger before you can end it. If that is the game plan may be we do some botting faucet, its easier to do than playing game

it's not only about earning, it's about putting together two things that you may like, playing video game and earning few cent or even more why not, if you are good enough, this is about skill, not gambling or anything else, only the best will earn more, it's not a field for everybody

and actually you need to end it slowly and accumulate many resources, so you can cash more, so in the end who will earn more is the one that will play wisely his resource

But to get all equips that you need to fight monster and get some resouces its kind of taking some time and that will not be easy to do since the game is rts game and for cashing out until you really got some great resources, is that a legit? I ever saw game that they got about 50k++ bitcoin, if they want to cash out are the admin willing to pay all of it? This is like gambling to me

gambling? this has nothing to do with gambling ever, do you know what age of empire is or what rts are in general, they are based on pure skill, and they are more skill demanding than any other game

mi intention is to not base the resouces 1:1 with bitcoin of  course, you can do 1000:1, so for every 1 in-game resource you get 1000 satoshi or 100 satoshi, this should be tweaked based on how many resources one can have at the end of the match in a standard game

but bears in mind that you can't get as many resources as you think, because you need it to build your stuff(units, buildings, upgrades ecc...), but it could be the case, where two players just sit there and accumulate until they have plenty of resources then let one of them wins, the next time they let the other wins ecc, this could be a way of abusing this system

Thats why I said this is kind of gambling. You want to earn it fast by doing some abuse to the system or may be you just can play it a long way just to earn some. But that is not the problem here. The things that I can't agree is on the payment actually. Altough its 1000:1, at one day you really got nothing to do after you have completed all of your buildings and items and in that time your resources must be full loaded. And are they gonna to pay you the real price for the resources or that is just a camuflauge to scam us by asking us to play this kind of games?

there is nothing scammy about this system, it is just a way of rewarding skill, you don't need to pay anything, at best there coul be some stuff to buy not related exactly to the game, but this will probably suits more an fps game than a rts

that abuse i was talking about was just one of the little problems that could rise with my suggestion, nothing to worry about it you can always tweak it

you should really see some rts playing to understand, this is not simcity, it'ss not about sitting there and let your money grows then cash out, you must defeat your opponent in a multiplayer match, human vs human, take a look at starcraft 2 for example

the only difference is that the players would play with bitcoin in-game and not minerals or gas like in the case of Starcraft, then only who win can retrieve his resources as a reward
legendary
May 29, 2015, 12:35:13 PM

legendary
May 29, 2015, 10:51:18 AM

legendary
May 29, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

legendary
May 29, 2015, 08:23:53 AM
Hey guys, hope you're excited for the hangout today, sorry I haven't had time to write any more articles, yet. Here are some answers to questions, though:

Chess on the blockchain would be trivially easy to do. Hopefully, you choose a blockchain with a short block time, as waiting 10 minutes to see your opponent's move would be annoying.

An RTS holds interesting possibilities. Yes, you could construct altcoins to represent the in-game resources. I just question the value of doing so--it is unlikely that someone will try to hack the game's central server to steal your resources in the short timespan of one RTS match, nor are serious disputes about resources traded in-game likely to arise.

In terms of reward, my concern would be that you would drastically change the way people play the game. I tend to spend all spare RTS resources as I get them--players who hoard will be rewarded more coins than me upon victory. Also, what if I find a way to be victorious quickly or with low resource expenditure--surely such cleverness should be rewarded.

Regardless, I think it's an interesting idea that will lead to something once those problems are worked out.

i said "only if you win th game" because

one could simply disconnect and earn money without doing too much, we want them to play the game extensively
one could simply camp the whole game then leave and get many btc/ltc, while he not really deserved it
also imposing that you must win the game for retrieving the coin, it's a way to not give too much to the player, and to promote only those with high skill

but yeah it's still not perfect, it needs some tweaks
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 29, 2015, 04:42:21 AM
yes i love games,when it launched guys?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 28, 2015, 05:19:04 PM
Director Andrew Wagner has just begun a series of reviews of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and decentralization-based video games. It's called Gaming on the Blockchain; the first review is of Moonga, which is putting its online trading cards on the Bitcoin blockchain as smart property.

Check it out: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/26/blockchain-gaming-moonga/
Has he heard of Motocoin?
The whole currency is run by a small moto simulation game. In this case, the blockchain is a game.
Too bad the dev left and the website expired.  Embarrassed

Yeah I remember this game. It seemed really innovative back them. Unfortunately it seems like it meet the same destiny most coins meet: being abandoned by the main dev. It could be picked p by anyone else tho, it's the good thing about open source.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
May 28, 2015, 05:00:35 PM
Hey guys, hope you're excited for the hangout today, sorry I haven't had time to write any more articles, yet. Here are some answers to questions, though:

Chess on the blockchain would be trivially easy to do. Hopefully, you choose a blockchain with a short block time, as waiting 10 minutes to see your opponent's move would be annoying.

An RTS holds interesting possibilities. Yes, you could construct altcoins to represent the in-game resources. I just question the value of doing so--it is unlikely that someone will try to hack the game's central server to steal your resources in the short timespan of one RTS match, nor are serious disputes about resources traded in-game likely to arise.

In terms of reward, my concern would be that you would drastically change the way people play the game. I tend to spend all spare RTS resources as I get them--players who hoard will be rewarded more coins than me upon victory. Also, what if I find a way to be victorious quickly or with low resource expenditure--surely such cleverness should be rewarded.

Regardless, I think it's an interesting idea that will lead to something once those problems are worked out.
legendary
May 28, 2015, 01:42:07 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 28, 2015, 12:52:37 PM
Only one screenshot but I'd say it looks pretty ncie and good , anyone know it's going to be available on what platforms exactly ? looking forward to play this . Grin
Pages:
Jump to: