Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain - page 5. (Read 8457 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
May 20, 2015, 08:33:18 PM
after reading all the pages, this is a good idea guys!
Activity: 68
May 20, 2015, 08:14:23 PM
this is interesting, is there a demo site we could play with?

do we get some free coins to play with?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
May 20, 2015, 07:48:29 PM
Imagine the world that everyone playing a game to earn Bitcoin Shocked It would be a great time, I would support this project Grin
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
May 20, 2015, 05:49:22 PM
Here's an article on some game-cryptocurrencies. There's a difference in gaming for crypto within the game directly (proof-of-play) or getting rewarded by staff indirectly, through tournaments etc.

Cryptocurrencies in Video Games: Preview Roundup - Published on November 21, 2014

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18306/cryptocurrencies-in-video-games-preview-roundup/
I wrote that one, too!  Grin  Bitcoin Magazine no longer accepts editorial pieces (booooo!), so now we have Gaming on the Blockchain as a NewsBTC-based series.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
May 20, 2015, 02:37:19 PM
Here's an article on some game-cryptocurrencies. There's a difference in gaming for crypto within the game directly (proof-of-play) or getting rewarded by staff indirectly, through tournaments etc.

Cryptocurrencies in Video Games: Preview Roundup - Published on November 21, 2014

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18306/cryptocurrencies-in-video-games-preview-roundup/
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
May 20, 2015, 02:14:30 PM
its a good thinking.on the contrary, people might confuse the gaming with gambling.earning bitcoins with gaming is good but gambling for bitcoins is not a great deal. and would we lose the bitcoins if we lose th game , as in a bet ?

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so you if remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

look at hyper, you need 200 kills for just 1 mere hyper, which has a value of 10k satoshi

But with that low of payout I dont think it worth to play this game and wasting your time and its hard to do, some people will prefer to do faucets with clicking captcha, its easier to do especially with using bot or imacros that make them easier and fast to earn bitcoin

Is it wasting your time, if you enjoy the game and were going to play a game anyway?

How is getting a faucet bot made or doing captchas, while dealing with popups/ads galore (worrying about getting a virus) easier to do than playing a game?

I think it people are interested in this, they should check out HYPER... since there are fun games to play that let you get Hyper (and a few other cryptos with the DragonKnight game) just for playing. Plus you can stake the HYPER you get for more. Unlike faucets, that require you to come back every few minutes or hours to get more. You can play a game, get some HYPER, hold it in your wallet, and not do anything for a few weeks, and have more than you started with. (IMHO, that's much better than faucets)

Dragon Knight 2, I got a few dollars worth of HYPER so far, while doing non-stop faucets in the same time period would probably get me 1 cent worth of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 20, 2015, 02:03:00 PM
its a good thinking.on the contrary, people might confuse the gaming with gambling.earning bitcoins with gaming is good but gambling for bitcoins is not a great deal. and would we lose the bitcoins if we lose th game , as in a bet ?

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so you if remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

look at hyper, you need 200 kills for just 1 mere hyper, which has a value of 10k satoshi

But with that low of payout I dont think it worth to play this game and wasting your time and its hard to do, some people will prefer to do faucets with clicking captcha, its easier to do especially with using bot or imacros that make them easier and fast to earn bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 20, 2015, 11:07:23 AM

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so if you remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

Activity: 98
May 20, 2015, 09:09:22 AM
legendary
May 20, 2015, 03:39:29 AM
One of the questions should be .... "What kind of games, can be incorporated into the Blockchain" -- It cannot just be "Card games"

I know some games like FPS etc.. would not be suitable, but any turn based game, should work.

Another question might be the impact that these games might have on the Blockchain. {Bloating / Spam etc etc... }

Is there a platform, where the audience can post questions like this to the host or the panel? {Twitter?}
This is the host, actually. Any question you tweet with #BlockchainGaming @TheBitcoinCoop will be asked during the Q&A period on your behalf. I hope you'll tune in. Smiley

An FPS game could work, either by vastly increasing the block time and size, or limiting the recorded data to things like badges and K/D ratios. This likely would bloat the Bitcoin blockchain, unless done using an intermediary solution such as Factom.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
May 20, 2015, 03:26:23 AM
One of the questions should be .... "What kind of games, can be incorporated into the Blockchain" -- It cannot just be "Card games"

I know some games like FPS etc.. would not be suitable, but any turn based game, should work.

Another question might be the impact that these games might have on the Blockchain. {Bloating / Spam etc etc... }

Is there a platform, where the audience can post questions like this to the host or the panel? {Twitter?}
legendary
May 20, 2015, 02:07:52 AM
Sorry there haven't been any Gaming on the Blockchain articles, lately; the author has been very busy. However, we're having a Gaming on the Blockchain Meet Up at the Decentral space in Vancouver, and you can watch the virtual Google Hangout here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c6vdhtji70uil6picm5vtqmb0e8

We'll be beaming in Koji Higashi, who works at EverdreamSoft, to talk about their upcoming game Spells of Genesis. They're also the company behind Moonga, both of which are placing their cards on the blockchain as Counterparty assets. They'll be giving some away along with some BitCrystal tokens at our event! Cool
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 16, 2015, 06:21:27 AM
The idea of gaming on the blockchain has been suggested several times throughout the board. The main problem yet is that the block time is still relatively high. To create games based on the blockchain you need block generation times of less than 10 seconds. 

If the block chain is only being used as a method of transferring in-game assets and purchases, then block time is probably fine. However, if the mechanics of the game per se is on par and follows the real-time block time, the block time would probably affect the game.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
May 16, 2015, 06:17:44 AM
The idea of gaming on the blockchain has been suggested several times throughout the board. The main problem yet is that the block time is still relatively high. To create games based on the blockchain you need block generation times of less than 10 seconds. 

This depends very much on the actual game being played.  If the game mechanics itself is turn-based, it may not matter at all.  In fact, it may be good to have sufficient time (e. g., one minute) to perform your move at each instant in time.

Furthermore, one could possibly even use something like "payment channels":  With the right design, it may be possible for a group of players (for instance, near to each other in the game world) to play in "real time" in a fight or something like that.  Settlement to the blockchain may only be needed when they disagree about the outcome of the fight or someone drops out.
legendary
May 15, 2015, 05:08:33 PM
That's only true if the game is played in real time, and its entirety is recorded on the blockchain. If we're just using the blockchain to record and transfer in-game assets, the block time is irrelevant.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
May 15, 2015, 04:17:39 PM
Activity: 504
May 15, 2015, 02:47:04 PM
you mean comic books on blockchain ?

Ever seen this?

http://www.comicbookcoin.com/
Activity: 728
Never ending parties are what Im into.
May 15, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
you mean comic books on blockchain ?

Yes..Think it would help grow the community.
Young kids would swap comic books for pennies like a library. Also adults,but I think gaining young peoples interest is fastest way to grow anything.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
May 15, 2015, 02:04:51 PM
oh this is something interesting, i always saw bitcoin and gaming do good together, talking about skill games only(i don't like gambling), i want to be rewarded in bitcoin, while playing those game

imagines if your score is converted in bitcoin, 1:1 ratio with satoshi, would be fabulous

the article talk mostly about a in-game trding using bitcoin, i think it could work well, and better than fiat
Only real games (not gambling) will be covered in Gaming on the Blockchain. Smiley Once in-game assets are on the blockchain, they will be readily convertible to Bitcoin. Spells of Genesis (an upcoming game to be reviewed) will do something like that with BitCrystals.

Online gambling is one of the biggest area where bitcoin is witnessing rapid growth. Keeping it at bay might not be a good idea altogether.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 15, 2015, 12:33:01 PM
What about comic books as well?

book game would be a better option, if we are talking about game

i love those books, like lone wolf, the dark crusade ecc, they were playing with dices, it would be cool to have them in the blockchain or in a side chain

If there is too much games on blockchain dont you think it will be such a waste? Because there are so many games sites out there and can this games in blockchain compete to them? How will you attract people to play in blockchain I guess that is going to be hard enough
Pages:
Jump to: