Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain - page 7. (Read 8457 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
April 27, 2015, 04:34:35 PM
To summarise in few words. If spells of Genesis is a success the benefit will be

1. Project bakers will be rewarded
2. Bitcoin will be more accessible to mainstream users since user will be willing to have some to be able to trade
3. Bitcoin and counterparty trading activity will rise

Yes we are among the first one doing this. The long term vision is if SOG experiment is sucessfull to use our technology to create a platform that allows game devellopers to make their decentralised assets games

I like this develop off bitcoin expand.
yes. since the user of mobile gaming apps increase, it is worthy of attention by bitcoin to get into the market.
and deserves to be in support.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
April 27, 2015, 12:32:36 PM
oh this is something interesting, i always saw bitcoin and gaming do good together, talking about skill games only(i don't like gambling), i want to be rewarded in bitcoin, while playing those game

imagines if your score is converted in bitcoin, 1:1 ratio with satoshi, would be fabulous

the article talk mostly about a in-game trding using bitcoin, i think it could work well, and better than fiat
Only real games (not gambling) will be covered in Gaming on the Blockchain. Smiley Once in-game assets are on the blockchain, they will be readily convertible to Bitcoin. Spells of Genesis (an upcoming game to be reviewed) will do something like that with BitCrystals.

for now only trading game will work with this system like, they don't mentions games like fps or rts or rpg, just card games
Actually, this technology extends very easily to online role playing games. Think about it: is putting a trading card on the blockchain really different from putting the Sword of a Thousand Truths or what-have-you? It's technologically the same, and going to be done very soon.

FPS and RTS games without in-game assets are another question. New games like Huntercoin, however, are already moving to put entire games on the blockchain: it tallies your score, distributes prizes, and can even hold the entire game universe on-chain. Every in-game event that occurs can be a cryptocurrency transaction inserted into a blockchain.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 27, 2015, 06:25:23 AM
bitcrystals for free
Activity: 297
Merit: 264
April 27, 2015, 06:23:03 AM
Hi Everyone !

Yodark from SOG here.

Also a pity that Apple would get such a huge share of their earnings. {About 30% of all game packs sold}
Yes Google and Apple take 30% it's an important part but largely covered by the payment convenience and the large amount of user driven by these plateform. This is the reason many game publisher are going on mobile because they are generating large amount of revenue. In our case if we are not allowing people to buy with the store system
1. We won't be able to publish the game on AppStore and Google play.
2. We will cut out large amount of revenue from people who will not use another mean of payment. Ultimately it's less beneficial for us and bitcrystal owners.

It's a start, but I would have preferred them using only Bitcoin, not some other weird derivative.
As The Bitcoin Co-op mentioned players who own digital assets will use bitcoin in other to exchange their game assets. The reason we are using Counterparty and not making our own minable currency it's because we want to use bitcoin. Counterparty works on the top of bitcoin blockchain. If you have for example the "red dragon" as a digital asset in fact we are tagging some satoshi saying this satoshi represents "red dragon". Then you can use the bitcoin protocol to trade the red dragon among the players. In order to make a transaction with the counterparty asset you need to pay the miner fee in bitcoin.
This way it will be very simple for bitcoin owner to to acquire game assets and players will have to understand (or at least) use bitcoin to play trade in game. They are going to learn more about BTC.

For bitcrystal it's our asset for the crowdsale on counterparty. It's not a bitcoin competitor since it's also on bitcoin blockchain. It the required asset to get premium in game. If a player wants to use the AppStore or PlayStore we are going to burn their value that we buy back from bakers. But of course they will be on sale for BTC. Any bitcoin owner will be able to buy them for BTC and bypass the stores. This way it will be more advantageous to buy with bitcoin. Player will be then incentivised to understand bitcoin and to get some in order to get cheaper stuff.
Since bitcrystal asset are limited their value will reflect the games popularity. The more player will be willing to buy game asset the higher will be the value of bitcrystal and to lower will be the price (in bitcrystal but same in USD) of stuff.

This way, bakers and early fan are part of the project success and incentivised to talk about the game. Because the more player will play the more stuff they are going to get in game.

To summarise in few words. If spells of Genesis is a success the benefit will be

1. Project bakers will be rewarded
2. Bitcoin will be more accessible to mainstream users since user will be willing to have some to be able to trade
3. Bitcoin and counterparty trading activity will rise

for now only trading game will work with this system like, they don't mentions games like fps or rts or rpg, just card games
Yes we are among the first one doing this. The long term vision is if SOG experiment is sucessfull to use our technology to create a platform that allows game devellopers to make their decentralised assets games

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
April 27, 2015, 03:17:13 AM
They going to use Counterparty protocol - http://counterparty.io/ and it's currency is called, Bitcrystals { http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/users/faq } Only 100,000,000 BitCrystal will be produced of which 70,000,000 (70%) will be available for purchase in the token sale.

It's a start, but I would have preferred them using only Bitcoin, not some other weird derivative.

Also a pity that Apple would get such a huge share of their earnings. {About 30% of all game packs sold}

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 27, 2015, 02:29:23 AM
oh this is something interesting, i always saw bitcoin and gaming do good together, talking about skill games only(i don't like gambling), i want to be rewarded in bitcoin, while playing those game

imagines if your score is converted in bitcoin, 1:1 ratio with satoshi, would be fabulous

the article talk mostly about a in-game trding using bitcoin, i think it could work well, and better than fiat
Only real games (not gambling) will be covered in Gaming on the Blockchain. Smiley Once in-game assets are on the blockchain, they will be readily convertible to Bitcoin. Spells of Genesis (an upcoming game to be reviewed) will do something like that with BitCrystals.

for now only trading game will work with this system, they don't mentions games like fps or rts or rpg, just card games
legendary
April 27, 2015, 12:39:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 26, 2015, 03:42:58 PM

legendary
April 26, 2015, 03:10:41 PM

Director Andrew Wagner has been running a series of reviews of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and decentralization-based video games. It's called Gaming on the Blockchain; the first review is of Moonga, which is putting its online trading cards on the Bitcoin blockchain as smart property. The long-term goal is to provide comprehensive coverage of this nascent industry, which includes all of the following installments:

UPDATE: all articles are now listed at www.blockchaingaming.com, in addition to others and video/audio clips. If someone asks you for a quick link to information to learn about decentralized video games, give 'em that.
Pages:
Jump to: