Pages:
Author

Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain - page 6. (Read 8457 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 15, 2015, 08:43:54 AM
Blockchain bloat is really a trivial issue, here. You can set up an altcoin with a separate blockchain specifically for these in-game transactions, and people can conveniently convert to Bitcoin at any time. Use Factom to embed the account balances in the Bitcoin blockchain without significantly increasing its size. Everybody wins.

In-game purchases are also trivially easy to set up; EverdreamSoft, the company behind Moonga (the first game to be reviewed in the Gaming on the Blockchain series), will do that with BitCrystals in an upcoming game. I'll explain the details in that game's review  Wink
But the idea is to make Bitcoin price grow, so everything should run under Bitcoin and no some third party shitcoin. Bitcoin needs to solve its issues with blockchain bloat.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 15, 2015, 07:06:18 AM
What about comic books as well?

book game would be a better option, if we are talking about game

i love those books, like lone wolf, the dark crusade ecc, they were playing with dices, it would be cool to have them in the blockchain or in a side chain
Activity: 297
Merit: 264
May 15, 2015, 05:06:19 AM
you mean comic books on blockchain ?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
May 14, 2015, 04:34:40 PM
What about comic books as well?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 13, 2015, 12:06:38 PM
I think that gaming and blockchain technology would build interesting and unique platforms and applications allowing financial freedom fro gamers.

Agreed.  It's why I've been looking into the gaming cyptocoins lately.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 13, 2015, 10:15:20 AM
Gaming on the Blockchain is a great idea and it gives financial freedom to the gamer, I think.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
April 28, 2015, 11:33:57 PM
Blockchain bloat is really a trivial issue, here. You can set up an altcoin with a separate blockchain specifically for these in-game transactions, and people can conveniently convert to Bitcoin at any time. Use Factom to embed the account balances in the Bitcoin blockchain without significantly increasing its size. Everybody wins.

In-game purchases are also trivially easy to set up; EverdreamSoft, the company behind Moonga (the first game to be reviewed in the Gaming on the Blockchain series), will do that with BitCrystals in an upcoming game. I'll explain the details in that game's review  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 28, 2015, 11:24:41 PM
Upon doing a quick search, the first result gave me this: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/26/blockchain-gaming-moonga/

Card games often requires skills and strategies in order to "win" or at least prevail in the game. If similar skill-based games are present and rewards bitcoins as prize, the so-called "gamers" will try their skill and hand at it in order to get a taste of btc. Also, in-game purchases in different games (this is not a part of the OP) could also help bitcoins in gaining widespread adoption, seeing that many gamers are seeking for a way to buy their in-game upgrades without the hassle and fast transactions.
Activity: 700
April 28, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
First Installment interesting:
Gaming on the blockchain does have interesting applications as in game virtual currency
There are other interesting approaches to it as the article mentioned with card transfers which is an extension of that idea.
It will be interesting to see how it grows.
Activity: 504
April 28, 2015, 10:09:47 PM
oh this is something interesting, i always saw bitcoin and gaming do good together, talking about skill games only(i don't like gambling), i want to be rewarded in bitcoin, while playing those game

imagines if your score is converted in bitcoin, 1:1 ratio with satoshi, would be fabulous

the article talk mostly about a in-game trding using bitcoin, i think it could work well, and better than fiat
Only real games (not gambling) will be covered in Gaming on the Blockchain. Smiley Once in-game assets are on the blockchain, they will be readily convertible to Bitcoin. Spells of Genesis (an upcoming game to be reviewed) will do something like that with BitCrystals.

for now only trading game will work with this system like, they don't mentions games like fps or rts or rpg, just card games
Actually, this technology extends very easily to online role playing games. Think about it: is putting a trading card on the blockchain really different from putting the Sword of a Thousand Truths or what-have-you? It's technologically the same, and going to be done very soon.

FPS and RTS games without in-game assets are another question. New games like Huntercoin, however, are already moving to put entire games on the blockchain: it tallies your score, distributes prizes, and can even hold the entire game universe on-chain. Every in-game event that occurs can be a cryptocurrency transaction inserted into a blockchain.

something along the line of huntercoin, would be great already it's strategic enough for me, but with bitcoin as a currency

you think that it will possible in the future to put a complex game like battlefield in the blockchain?

There are a few games for earning HYPER... you play the games, get points, trade the points in for HYPER. (1 game is for HYPER only, the other is HYPER, EMC2, MOON, FLAP, CCB, BRD, and GoldPieces)

http://makingmoneyhoney.com/games4cryptos.htm

I'd love to add more games that could be played for Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency too. I'm not into gambling, and I wouldn't really count gambling for cryptos gaming. Gaming implies skill mattering in how well you do and how much crypto you get. These games (in the above link) take skill to get more, faster, than someone else, and it's better than using HYPER faucets, by far.

As far as Huntercoin, I did look into it once, but needing to have some in your wallet to play stopped me once, and I looked into it a second time, thinking of getting some of an exchange, but noticed users complained about bots, and I didn't really look any farther than that.

ah yeah i know about hyper, i tryed to earn some of those coin by playing cs go, it was fun, but not so remunerative

for huntercoin you could just buy them if you want to play, they are really cheap right now

It is a delicate balance of getting enough to make it worth it and the hosts not paying too much out for too many people because the games are free to play. But as it is, the Dragon Knight & Hyper Wars are worth it, IMHO. If you're out there doing faucets anyway, because you get way more and can actually enjoy playing.

Also, HYPER stakes, so whatever you get can turn into more even if you do nothing for a while.
Activity: 644
April 28, 2015, 10:00:02 PM
As a gamer, i always interested with gaming project related with bitcoin
okay at the first we only see card game, who knows in the future we will see RPG or MMORPG using bitcoin as their main currency Smiley
That would be interesting for gamer and bitcoin addict
oh this is something interesting, i always saw bitcoin and gaming do good together, talking about skill games only(i don't like gambling), i want to be rewarded in bitcoin, while playing those game

imagines if your score is converted in bitcoin, 1:1 ratio with satoshi, would be fabulous

the article talk mostly about a in-game trding using bitcoin, i think it could work well, and better than fiat
Bitcoin is perfect for the simple android games that are very addicting like the flappy bird type, to give top scorers a nice reward. The problem is the bloat of the blockchain with too many micropayments.
This problem can be solved with using bitcoin collector / micro wallet to collect temporary bitcoin obtained, and withdraw it when pass withdraw threshold Smiley

True, even tho it feels both safer and just "good" to receive your coins instantly and directly into your personal wallet, so you don't have to do that process every so often.
Of course this seems inconvenient with the current block size limit...
yeah but too many people annoyed with that "dust"
it will make our transaction size bigger and need more fees for it
I think if that is small amount of bitcoin, user will use "micro wallet" method, but if we talk about big amount of bitcoin, we will use direct and instant withdrawal to our wallet Cheesy
Activity: 490
April 28, 2015, 03:36:14 PM

Only real games (not gambling) will be covered in Gaming on the Blockchain. Smiley Once in-game assets are on the blockchain, they will be readily convertible to Bitcoin. Spells of Genesis (an upcoming game to be reviewed) will do something like that with BitCrystals.

for now only trading game will work with this system like, they don't mentions games like fps or rts or rpg, just card games
Actually, this technology extends very easily to online role playing games. Think about it: is putting a trading card on the blockchain really different from putting the Sword of a Thousand Truths or what-have-you? It's technologically the same, and going to be done very soon.

FPS and RTS games without in-game assets are another question. New games like Huntercoin, however, are already moving to put entire games on the blockchain: it tallies your score, distributes prizes, and can even hold the entire game universe on-chain. Every in-game event that occurs can be a cryptocurrency transaction inserted into a blockchain.

something along the line of huntercoin, would be great already it's strategic enough for me, but with bitcoin as a currency

you think that it will possible in the future to put a complex game like battlefield in the blockchain?
It would be trivially easy to place game rewards such as new weapons or medals on the blockchain as smart property, and record your kill/death ratio, total score, and other stats via ledger applications such as Factom. Placing the entire game on the blockchain is unnecessary, however, because first person shooters do not generally take place in a single and consistent online world. Hackers have very little incentive to target your 30-minute team match.

All MMO games, however, will be heavily reliant on blockchain technology. In persistent worlds like EVE Online or World of Warcraft, altering the environment has lasting consequences, and the current solution of a powerful central server has obvious flaws that we probably don't need to explain to users of BitcoinTalk.org. Blizzard and its competitors are already researching the issue, guaranteed.
Many games will probably be relied on the blockchain tech but the question is how are they going to use the blockhain technology ? Huge gaming companies could already be working on  blockchain alternatives.
Activity: 490
April 28, 2015, 03:34:34 PM
I think that gaming and blockchain technology would build interesting and unique platforms and applications allowing financial freedom fro gamers.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
April 28, 2015, 01:38:33 PM

It would be trivially easy to place game rewards such as new weapons or medals on the blockchain as smart property, and record your kill/death ratio, total score, and other stats via ledger applications such as Factom. Placing the entire game on the blockchain is unnecessary, however, because first person shooters do not generally take place in a single and consistent online world. Hackers have very little incentive to target your 30-minute team match.

All MMO games, however, will be heavily reliant on blockchain technology. In persistent worlds like EVE Online or World of Warcraft, altering the environment has lasting consequences, and the current solution of a powerful central server has obvious flaws that we probably don't need to explain to users of BitcoinTalk.org. Blizzard and its competitors are already researching the issue, guaranteed.
legendary
April 28, 2015, 01:35:27 PM

There are a few games for earning HYPER... you play the games, get points, trade the points in for HYPER. (1 game is for HYPER only, the other is HYPER, EMC2, MOON, FLAP, CCB, BRD, and GoldPieces)

I'd love to add more games that could be played for Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency too. I'm not into gambling, and I wouldn't really count gambling for cryptos gaming. Gaming implies skill mattering in how well you do and how much crypto you get. These games (in the above link) take skill to get more, faster, than someone else, and it's better than using HYPER faucets, by far.

As far as Huntercoin, I did look into it once, but needing to have some in your wallet to play stopped me once, and I looked into it a second time, thinking of getting some of an exchange, but noticed users complained about bots, and I didn't really look any farther than that.

ah yeah i know about hyper, i tryed to earn some of those coin by playing cs go, it was fun, but not so remunerative

for huntercoin you could just buy them if you want to play, they are really cheap right now
Activity: 504
April 28, 2015, 12:47:31 PM

legendary
April 28, 2015, 10:48:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
April 28, 2015, 10:03:28 AM
okay at the first we only see card game, who knows in the future we will see RPG or MMORPG using bitcoin as their main currency Smiley

Bitcoin is perfect for the simple android games that are very addicting like the flappy bird type, to give top scorers a nice reward. The problem is the bloat of the blockchain with too many micropayments.
This problem can be solved with using bitcoin collector / micro wallet to collect temporary bitcoin obtained, and withdraw it when pass withdraw threshold Smiley

True, even tho it feels both safer and just "good" to receive your coins instantly and directly into your personal wallet, so you don't have to do that process every so often.
Of course this seems inconvenient with the current block size limit...
Activity: 644
April 27, 2015, 11:49:53 PM

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
April 27, 2015, 05:23:14 PM

Pages:
Jump to: