Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 118. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Alright, Pascal is working now. I will give dual-mining another shot tomorrow.
It should be pretty straight-forward...
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Strange situation with 270X 4Gb card and cryptonight
On 1.1.1 i can reach 490-500 h/s - a bit less than Claymore's 505-510 h/s on RawIntensity 464-472
On 1.1.2 max I can reach is various speed from 425 to 525 h/s but often it was at lower value. RawIntensity 464-472 gives not more than 400 h/s. Often 270X on rawintensity more 512 start to give wrong shares...

And in both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 versions GGS didn't read 270X sensors. If it enabled with other cards togather, f.e. with RX 580, sensors didn't read on all  cards. But if 270X is disabled, sensors from RX 580 works.
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.1.2 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.1.2-alpha

* Added Lbry support.
* Fixed a critical bug around device management.
* Adjusted the DEVFEE mode.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

The miner should be much more stable now.
I will keep experimenting with dual-mining...

@zawawa - Dual mining of LBRY doesn't work on Nvidia?  Mine is greyed out....  Please advise.
Lbry is only solo at this moment. Dual mining is still on development...
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

* Added Lbry support.

@zawawa - Dual mining of LBRY doesn't work on Nvidia?  Mine is greyed out....  Please advise.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello Zawawa!
I'm getting this error while trying to launch your great miner, also miner itself is executing but error happens when pushing start
I tried 1.1.2 alpha and 1.0.1 versions
http://i.piccy.info/i9/aab249c0399d0e6f47a4fca4446fda11/1512119453/26366/1201274/Clipboard01.jpg
Miner Developer

* Added Lbry support.

Miner Developer
Anyway, I will wrap up single Lbry mining first and upload a new version as there are some critical bugs I need to address. Sorry for the wait!

...we collect some bugs a bit, when testing on three rigs. 5, 7, and 8 cards on board. so post it or later?, coz we post a lot of questions upper.

all type: rx470, sapphire, 4g, elpida (agro timings), samsung (mid agro timings).

p.s. "thank you Smiley" send on this address: BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ ?? Right?

Post them now, please. The address is correct.
Activity: 14
Anyway, I will wrap up single Lbry mining first and upload a new version as there are some critical bugs I need to address. Sorry for the wait!

...we collect some bugs a bit, when testing on three rigs. 5, 7, and 8 cards on board. so post it or later?, coz we post a lot of questions upper.

all type: rx470, sapphire, 4g, elpida (agro timings), samsung (mid agro timings).

p.s. "thank you Smiley" send on this address: BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ ?? Right?
Miner Developer
Miner Developer
Now I think about it, Lbry might not have been the best choice for the first attempt at dual-mining. There is just too much register pressure, and Sir. Claymore may be dealing with that with the GCN assembly after all. Let me see if I have better luck with Pascal first...
Miner Developer
News?
Are you alive ??  Roll Eyes

I am alive! I am juggling with the last problem before dual-mining is fully functioning.
Never have I hated AMD drivers so much. LOL.
Activity: 14
zawawa, where are you?
tnx for answers. waiting ... still 8 cards can't work normal.

and ...:
1. Does your miner work without reward to the developer?  Shocked

I am not going to answer this one.  Wink

2. How can I find out about hardware errors? (For example, as in the Gateless Gate field HW)
3. How can I find out about the complexity of the shares?

To be implemented.

4. The numbers of video cards do not correspond to AfTerBurner or GPU-Z ... etc?
5. 8 graphics cards are not recognized correctly?
5 cards - http://piccy.info/view3/11802575/ab667f9e50fd2a8a37dd41c892364ace/
8 cards - http://piccy.info/view3/11802589/ef059b5ea9c4154c9cfb0178d4927bdb/

I will look into this.

6. How to connect to European pools without using the Custom tabs

GGS automatically chooses the server with the fastest response time.
In your case, a server outside Europe responded more quickly than European servers.

1. Why? I see at the beginning of the work you are rewarded, this is not a problem! I just want an understanding of how it works.
Or is there any problem with this? I am for making your work paid for on transparent terms.
In this case, I wrote to Mr. Claymore in the forum topic ... and was not happy with his attitude and comments about the theft, etc.

2. & 3. Thank you! Waiting so much!

4&5 - i send RIGS with the same videocards. RIG bigger then 6 cards dosnt recognize correctly.

6. Thank you! I See.

7. How, in your opinion, to regulate the complexity of the pools that it is allowed to do?

8. How is it fixed to set the fan speed for video cards?

Comments: If you enter Monero's purse and click - "view balance" - the site opens without an inscribed wallet.
And // about #7: In my case it turned out like this: in the Monero string of purse, write through "." the name of the worker and through the "+" complexity.

Dude, you created this account to be a pain in the ass on every developer in this forum, if you are not happy with fee, use genoil miner its free, stop bothering everyone ffs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry, but I think I'm not talking to you?
Besides, it seems to me, I did not even ask you to write your opinion about who, where, ... and what pain in the ass?

And, by the way, the informative nature of your message is just a pain in the ass for this forum.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
News?
Are you alive ??  Roll Eyes
zawawa, i find another small bug in log. When GSS mines ethereum during start in log writes "Building CryptoNight kernel for GPU..."
And, it's need to add possibility to tune each thread, and select it's own algo for each GPU.

And strange... But i can't to reach speed of Claymore cryptonight miner on my 270X 4Gb.... And GGS don't read hardware sensors of 270X card.

Who can say settings for 270X for GGS? Best I can find is T-2/I-464/LWS-8.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
UPDATE!

After clearing CMOS, running DDU and installing fresh drivers ( 17.11.1 ) the miner is a lot more stable.
I guess it was my dirty drivers that were causing all the crashes and so on.

Keep up the good work Smiley
Who tried allready ethereum mining on GGS?
I tried my RX 580 8Gb cards and on Claymore's miner 10.1 speed is higher about 1-1,5% than GGS. Even in dual mode Claymore gives more speed about 0,5%
Maybe it's need to adjust settings for GGS? I tried on defaults T-1/I-2000/LWS-192. And tried to higher Intensity but it's almost not affects on eth speed...
I'm afraid that after adding dual eth modes in GGS, eth speed will be even lower...

Yeah, Ethash needs more work on threading.
Hopefully I will be done with ETH/LBC dual-mining today.
I had to do a massive rewrite, but it is coming along...
Great! Thank you for good news!
Miner Developer
I tried my RX 580 8Gb cards and on Claymore's miner 10.1 speed is higher about 1-1,5% than GGS. Even in dual mode Claymore gives more speed about 0,5%
Maybe it's need to adjust settings for GGS? I tried on defaults T-1/I-2000/LWS-192. And tried to higher Intensity but it's almost not affects on eth speed...
I'm afraid that after adding dual eth modes in GGS, eth speed will be even lower...

Yeah, Ethash needs more work on threading.
Hopefully I will be done with ETH/LBC dual-mining today.
I had to do a massive rewrite, but it is coming along...
Activity: 18
The Lbry kernel is finally working... I should be able to get dual-mining in in a day or two.

thanks zawawa,nice soft.
"rawintensity": "896",
 "worksize": "8",
 "gpu-threads": "2"
rx 470 4g /win 10/block chain dr/920 h/s-1200x2000 Wink
Excellent result! What memory type is on card? Samsung?

elpida ,timings from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guidetutorialxmrethhow-to-mod-bios-rx470570480580-vega-mining-1954245
Activity: 34
Big thanks to @zawawa for making this!

I began mining with MinersGate but they are stealing work. (accumulated work that just vanished and poor hashrates)
Jump to: