Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 12. (Read 214354 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
OK, Adrenaline 18.5.1 and Windows 10 April 2018 Update were no go for me.
They are just too buggy at this point.
I would recommend not to install either of them if you would like to run GGS.
Miner Developer
Oh, by the way, I enabled secure connections to NanoPool's  Monero servers for the GitHub version.
Seems to be working well so far...
Miner Developer
As I was having a problem with Windows 10 April 2018 Update, I found Adrenaline 18.5.1. Hope this would solve the problem...
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Not bad, not bad... I guess I could take care of power consumption later.

https://i.imgur.com/VhTukXa.png

what is the cclock, mclock, intensity? is this hynix or samsung?
It is samsung (sapphire nitro+ vega 64) and crazy high clock and wattage. One can get the same speed with almost half wattage with SRBminer

i can confirm that...there is no magic ´to get this speed with that powerdraw. with the right configs/mods its easy to get >2k on a vega56 with half ot the powerconsumption

Yeah, It's true, now I have found a good setting for very low conumption and good hashrate with vega 64.
I have 1880H/s and 115W, CN7 and always GGS.

Now I test this setting if are rock solid.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.

It is samsung (sapphire nitro+ vega 64) and crazy high clock and wattage. One can get the same speed with almost half wattage with SRBminer

i can confirm that...there is no magic ´to get this speed with that powerdraw. with the right configs/mods its easy to get >2k on a vega56 with half ot the powerconsumption
Activity: 35
Now with my vega 64(nitro+ samsung memory) I have about 1940H/s with 195/205W and rock stability.
Mining GRAFT (CN7)

Hope to see your new version very soon  Grin
Miner Developer
have you been able to find what's wrong with CN heavy ?

I tested with XMR stak and it also take advantage of 8gb card for heavy thus increasing the speed compared to CNv7...

I double checked with your code...... Grin and Xmrstak ones  Grin... Smiley but I was unable to find anything.

Damn, I am not a good Dev!

it's a good time to introduce profit-based optimization and algorithm switching. ? is it ?

Isn't easier to send a pm to Nplus, Nemos,Tutulfo, Megaminer, Forage   and ask them how to integrate your miner in their autoswitch software ?
They normally need a command line ... and Api...

See, it ain't that easy.  Wink Vega 64 with the crazy AMD driver was driving me nuts, but I will take a look at CryptoNight-Heavy today.

My original plan all the way back from the beginning is to integrate an optimizer and an auto-switcher
into  the miner. This design choice should make sense once all the planned features are in place.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
have you been able to find what's wrong with CN heavy ?

I tested with XMR stak and it also take advantage of 8gb card for heavy thus increasing the speed compared to CNv7...

I double checked with your code...... Grin and Xmrstak ones  Grin... Smiley but I was unable to find anything.

Damn, I am not a good Dev!

it's a good time to introduce profit-based optimization and algorithm switching. ? is it ?

Isn't easier to send a pm to Nplus, Nemos,Tutulfo, Megaminer, Forage   and ask them how to integrate your miner in their autoswitch software ?
They normally need a command line ... and Api...

Miner Developer
profit based means for money?

What I meant was optimization that is geared toward maximizing profit for the user.
I will have to add a fee for optimization and benchmarking, though.
Activity: 156
profit based means for money?
Miner Developer
Actually. it's a good time to introduce profit-based optimization and algorithm switching. More work, more work...
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

Activity: 176
Merit: 2

Activity: 104
Merit: 5
This is just for rx480 ? Btw need patcher after mod bios using this tool?

No and no. I am preparing Version 1.3.8 right now, so you might want to wait for it.

Will this one have updated kernels and/or binary kernels?
Miner Developer

No and no. I am preparing Version 1.3.8 right now, so you might want to wait for it.
Activity: 313
Merit: 10
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
nosce te ipsum
And just for the kicks here's an RX 570 8gb doing 1260 H/s on Cryptonight-Heavy.

What sorcery is this? Would you mind sharing us your settings and straps?  Shocked
Miner Developer
Ok, you need comparison ?

YOUR RX480 8GB SAMSUNG.... Ubermix timing, stock for the rest with 9 hours optimize+memory timing+watchdog running)
As reference, I have 28.4 Mh/s in etash.( Optimize + memorytiming NOT extended)

GGS MoneroV7: 1034 h/s
GGS SumokoinV7:670H/s
Srbminer Monero v7 1thread 976 h/s 2threads 1033 H/s
Srbminer Sumokoinv7 1 thread 980 h/s 2 threads 988 h/s

That is what an average guy can do

but:

Rx 580 8gb Micron, PBE 1 click
29.5 Etash vs 31.9 Claymore

SRBMiner Sumokoin 1060 ( and it work at 1300 core!)

So, it seems, that V7 is in par but Heavy is not when is something YOU optimize ( or you have had in hand).
Heavy in SRB is weard, it keep moving between 980 1030 1060. Not always the same card.
Cpu kicks ?  it happened to me in GGS when using ODD numbers of threads/worksize as well.

When something isn't preoptimized, the gap is bigger in Heavy but exist also in v7 smaller

This is VERY interesting.. I wonder where I can get Polaris 10 with Micron GDDR5...
I will try to push the next version either today or tomorrow, so you can try an updated optimizer.
I don't know if I should include the new kernels in the GCN assembly, though.
I will do more testing tonight and then decide.
Miner Developer

Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Ok, you need comparison ?

YOUR RX480 8GB SAMSUNG.... Ubermix timing, stock for the rest with 9 hours optimize+memory timing+watchdog running)
As reference, I have 28.4 Mh/s in etash.( Optimize + memorytiming NOT extended)

GGS MoneroV7: 1034 h/s
Srbminer Monero v7 1thread 976 h/s 2threads 1033 H/s
Srbminer Sumokoinv7 1 thread 980 h/s 2 threads 988 h/s

That is what an average guy can do

but:

Rx 580 8gb Micron, PBE 1 click
29.5 Etash vs 31.9 Claymore

SRBMiner Sumokoin 1060 ( and it work at 1300 core!)

So, it seems, that V7 is in par but Heavy is not when is something YOU optimize ( or you have had in hand).
Heavy in SRB is weard, it keep moving between 980 1030 1060. Not always the same card.
Cpu kicks ?  it happened to me in GGS when using ODD numbers of threads/worksize as well.

When something isn't preoptimized, the gap is bigger in Heavy but exist also in v7 smaller

Pages:
Jump to: