Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 8. (Read 214354 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Well, you kind of have to immerse yourself into it, you know.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Hold  on for a sec. I'm burying myself in the matrix of the GCN assembly right now.
I should be able to hit the 64 VGPR mark soon...
Be careful, we don't want to matrix has you... Wink
Miner Developer
Hold  on for a sec. I'm burying myself in the matrix of the GCN assembly right now.
I should be able to hit the 64 VGPR mark soon...
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
@zawawa what is your recommended AMD driver for your version of Gatelessgate sharp, Seems that there is no changes on my card using your miner, By the my card is moded, using Claymore I got 30.4Mh/s I think my issue is in the driver. I just want to try your miner. Thanks
GUI version will updated?

Of course! I was spending time on development tools so that I could rewrite the Ethash kernel per your request. Wink These things take time, you know...
Yes, I know. You just wrote about lite command-line version, that's why I asked.
When you finish kernels and go to window, can you add possibility to add 2nd chart on main dashboard? On normal monitors it's too much free space in top of dashbord window. I think it'll good, if peoples with big monitors can enable checkbox to add 2nd statistic charts...
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Could you make the new upcoming PHI algo support, there is no amd miner yet Cool,

Since lux is getting bigger and bigger, you should give it a shot
Miner Developer

Of course! I was spending time on development tools so that I could rewrite the Ethash kernel per your request. Wink These things take time, you know...
Miner Developer
Hello zawawa

I am thinking about implementation of Ethash dual-mining with GGS and I am wondering can you implement some dual mining coins other than Claymore has. Blake2s, blake14r, pascal, decred, keccak algos are dead for dual mining but there must be some other algos can be dual mine and very profitable, right?

I am not so sure about that. Dual-mining is dead because all the algorithms suitable for dual-mining are not ASIC-resistant. I will explore other possibilities, but I am not so optimistic about it.

Hello Zawawa

I was looking some suitable new coins for dual mining and I found two possible algo that not ASIC-resistant but there are not any asics yet. They seems they are still mined with GPUs. Can you check if those algo can dual mineable? Algos are "Skunhash" and "Tribus". Maybe one of them is suitable dual mining GGS will be the most profitable miner for eth.

Sure, I am happy to. It seems like I am finally done with the rewrite of the darn Ethash kernel, so I can slap dual-mining to it.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hello zawawa

I am thinking about implementation of Ethash dual-mining with GGS and I am wondering can you implement some dual mining coins other than Claymore has. Blake2s, blake14r, pascal, decred, keccak algos are dead for dual mining but there must be some other algos can be dual mine and very profitable, right?

I am not so sure about that. Dual-mining is dead because all the algorithms suitable for dual-mining are not ASIC-resistant. I will explore other possibilities, but I am not so optimistic about it.

Hello Zawawa

I was looking some suitable new coins for dual mining and I found two possible algo that not ASIC-resistant but there are not any asics yet. They seems they are still mined with GPUs. Can you check if those algo can dual mineable? Algos are "Skunhash" and "Tribus". Maybe one of them is suitable dual mining GGS will be the most profitable miner for eth.
Activity: 35
Hi zawawa, any news for new works?

I am preparing a new development environment as
I got a funding for a major rewrite for the project.
I should be able to come up with a light-weight command-line version
as well as a Linux version. We shall see...

Good work zawawa...
Miner Developer

I am preparing a new development environment as
I got a funding for a major rewrite for the project.
I should be able to come up with a light-weight command-line version
as well as a Linux version. We shall see...
Activity: 35
Zawawa, please, return button "Release memory". I really need them! You may make them not on main page...
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Not bad at all, methinks... Let me see if I can do the same with RX 480...

Not bad is 45-46 with 120watt. Good is 47 with the same wattage but needs timing tuning
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I don't have any Vega, but this seem 4 MHs higher than average at 20 watt less ?

And check "Relaunch" option. For me it just closes GGS. After running manually again GGS start mining without questions, so as it continues relaunching...
Miner Developer
zawawa, don't forget to add cryptonight-heavy and lyra2z to nicehash mode. In 1.3.8 i can't connect to this algo...

After pressing "Relaunch" GGS just closes.

Thanks a lot for the reminder! I will make CryptoNightHeavy compatible with NiceHash.
Miner Developer
Not bad at all, methinks... Let me see if I can do the same with RX 480...

Miner Developer
At me at start of version 1.3.8 the mistake jumps out "Failed initialize OpenCL device..." Drivers are installed 18,3,2, in the system of the card are defined, other mainer see them

Newer drivers are necessary?

If you installed Intel's display/OpenCL drivers, please remove them with DDU.
They are evil.
Pages:
Jump to: