Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 7. (Read 214354 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but you seem to be wasting your talent on things that don't matter in mining. Forget about the GUI, it just brings bugs and its actually harder to work with. Forget the fancy auto overclocks and straps etc...

What we AMD miners really need is good kernels for profitable algos. Give us that and you will have more then enough money and users with a resonable fee for your miner. I tried using your miner a few times, but in the end I only have problems with the GUI and some obscure bugs because of that. And in the end other miners are simply faster and easier to use because of the command line.

Just my 2 cents, don't waste your potential.

P.S. I am sorry if I sounded hars, but I am always blunt and to the point, ubable to sugarcoat.

I don't mind the language at all. You probably don't know, however, that I did write the fastest kernels for some of the algorithms
before, both open-source and private. It is just that I personally prefer GUI over CUI and I don't like the user interface of other miners at all.
I will better document the command-line version and work on kernels.
In fact, you will see significantly improved Ethash kernels very soon.
I ended up choosing the 84 VGPR's version over 64 VGPR's version, and I am tweaking default settings right now.

I think your GUI is very usefull and in CN7 your kernel is very good, maybe not the best but very very similar result.
I love the semplicity to set up voltage and clock.

I think is a great work from zawawa, obviously improvable, but great.

I hope to see your new work very soon, I work with 1.3.7 and 15.8.1 adrenaline driver because is most stable for me of 1.3.8.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but you seem to be wasting your talent on things that don't matter in mining. Forget about the GUI, it just brings bugs and its actually harder to work with. Forget the fancy auto overclocks and straps etc...

What we AMD miners really need is good kernels for profitable algos. Give us that and you will have more then enough money and users with a resonable fee for your miner. I tried using your miner a few times, but in the end I only have problems with the GUI and some obscure bugs because of that. And in the end other miners are simply faster and easier to use because of the command line.

P.S. I am sorry if I sounded hars, but I am always blunt and to the point, ubable to sugarcoat.

I don't mind the language at all. You probably don't know, however, that I did write the fastest kernels for some of the algorithms
before, both open-source and private. It is just that I personally prefer GUI over CUI and I don't like the user interface of other miners at all.
I will better document the command-line version and work on kernels.
In fact, you will see significantly improved Ethash kernels very soon.
I ended up choosing the 84 VGPR's version over 64 VGPR's version, and I am tweaking default settings right now.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

GGS allready many versions have command line version. GUI maybe used only for changing settings. You can not use overclocking, straps, etc. You can just setup algo, pool, wallet and that's all. After that you can close GUI and launch command line version. That's it.
zawawa spend many time not on GUI. He made a big work on tuning kernels. That's what you wrote AMD miners need. He works on it almost all time. So wait if you want to use it with very good kernels.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4

zawawa. Can't you integrate support for nicehash heavy algo into 1.3.8 version? I want to mine it with GGS until you work with new version...
Miner Developer
Looks lilke 18.6.1 is the same as 18.5.2...

I tried everything with 18.6.1, but overclocking still doesn't work. Trying to revert to 18.3.2...
No, no, no. You wrote that you find the way to direct access to GPU's. Like Claymore's miners. They are still works on new drivers. And can overclock GPU's with them.
On Windows 1803 drivers 18.5.1+ needed to support WDDM2.4.
You must find how to overclock GPU's with new drivers.

Well, I need to isolate the problem first. It seems like the problem is specific to the new Ethash kernel.
Strange, strange...

I tried everything with 18.6.1, but overclocking still doesn't work. Trying to revert to 18.3.2...
No, no, no. You wrote that you find the way to direct access to GPU's. Like Claymore's miners. They are still works on new drivers. And can overclock GPU's with them.
On Windows 1803 drivers 18.5.1+ needed to support WDDM2.4.
You must find how to overclock GPU's with new drivers.
Miner Developer

Miner Developer
I am still debugging the next version.
Boy, this Ethash thing takes a long time!

Edit: It seems like there is a bug around overclocking in the latest AMD drivers.
What a piece of sh*t...
You about 18.6.1 or 18.5.2?

I haven't tried 18.6.1 yet. Let me see...

Edit: It seems like there is a bug around overclocking in the latest AMD drivers.
What a piece of sh*t...
You about 18.6.1 or 18.5.2?
Miner Developer

What a piece of sh*t...
zawawa, how is progress with new version?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Activity: 80
Merit: 13
Both my rigs refuse to install the 1.3.8 package.
It says older version has to be uninstalled first. I DID reinstall 1.3.7 and uninstall it.... problem persists. Dying to experiment with Hynix AJR timings for Cryptonight i got to remove that garbage one click! your tool will be PERFECT and productive for that Zawawa.
all the best
PHI1612 allready not profitable... Now it's need to mine Lyra2Z algo... But there is no miner for lyra2Z for Windows yet, except sgminer. But sgminer has kernel for lyra2Z six mounths old... Not sure that it will normal work...
Why nobody dasn't allowes that HWInfo can read sensors wrong or with bugs due to new AMD driver's specifics?
Miner Developer
Help, there is vega56 how to make downvolt with use of your program?
in the section overclocking I put
PL - 100%
CC - 1350
CV - 930
MC - 920
MV - 930
but they it isn't applied, when viewing values in HWmonitor gpu core voltage 1.113v
and consumption of the card 215w.
It was succeeded to lower tension only having delivered to PL - 70%, consumption becomes 155w but also hashes fall till 1750.
The only thing, I in a threshing barn have except Vega a card 1080ti, it is possible as that influences, for her I use msi afterbirner

The next version will get better voltage control as it would directly access the hardware.
I will upload it as soon as I am done with the ethash kernel.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Help, there is vega56 how to make downvolt with use of your program?
in the section overclocking I put
PL - 100%
CC - 1350
CV - 930
MC - 920
MV - 930
but they it isn't applied, when viewing values in HWmonitor gpu core voltage 1.113v
and consumption of the card 215w.
It was succeeded to lower tension only having delivered to PL - 70%, consumption becomes 155w but also hashes fall till 1750.
The only thing, I in a threshing barn have except Vega a card 1080ti, it is possible as that influences, for her I use msi afterbirner
Pages:
Jump to: