Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 137. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I am developing a new OpenCL component for excavator.
The next version of excavator will be OpenCL-compatible.

Will that be faster than Claymore?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
This is great news! We waiting!
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

No idea what you are doing ..but it sounds great  Cool

Also dont forget stratum supports.. a lot of weirdness and stuff out there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I understood he's developping opencl version of excavator. I may be wrong
he's developing opencl version for AMD cards
He is talking about "excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm advanced NVIDIA CUDA miner [1.1.4a]".
Or maybe he developing AMD version of excavator?

Oh, he goes to make update for AMD cards!
Hmm... Very interesting.
ccminer is GPL'ed, no?
The source code should be available.

By the way, I was finally able to get the GDS working on Windows on the AMD land.
It has been so long playing catch up with Claymore's and Optiminer...
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
he's developing opencl version for AMD cards
Guys and gals, it's official: I figured out how to enable the GDS on Windows.
This means that excavator will be much faster than the current version of GG on Windows.
There is so much more to explore as I can access the GPU at the lowest level without restrictions now.
Good stuff.
Excavator is for NVIDIA CUDA, isn't it?
What is for AMD GPU's? Will updates for GG for increase speed on AMD GPU's, f.e. for ZEC?
Miner Developer
Guys and gals, it's official: I figured out how to enable the GDS on Windows.
This means that excavator will be much faster than the current version of GG on Windows.
There is so much more to explore as I can access the GPU at the lowest level without restrictions now.
Good stuff.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Ethereum:

The r9 390 should be able to do 36mhash. When undervolted the card use 260watt...

I think Wolf's private ASM kernel is the best one for Hawaii.  I don't see much point in trying to optimize for the older cards.  Even though I have Pitcairn, Hawaii, Tonga, Tahiti & Polaris cards, I'm only working on a eth miner for Tonga & Polaris on Linux.

I have an EVEN BETTER one for Tonga/Polaris - it's epic cause I have so much more to work with.

Hawaii (GCN1.1 aka Sea Islands) is still better than Tahiti/Pitcairn since it has the flat instructions and the DS B128 instructions, but I think it is a smart decision just to optimize for Tonga/Polaris since they are architecturally very similar.

Activity: 487
Merit: 266
It has been so much fun developing GG with you guys (and gals) and I am immensely grateful.
However, it would be practically impossible to keep up with Claymore when s/he is presumably making $50000+/month
and I'm totally broke. I did everything I could do, but, sadly, the community made a collective choice, and I had to
make decisions accordingly. I still continue development, though. It is just that I have different priorities now.

Shame mate, as I said before, I left the fees on. But I guess when you make the choice to let people remove the fees, what you get is a lot of greed. Probably why claymore made his/her miner closed source.

Oh well, I'm still using GG on my monero rig so you should still get a few $ your way Wink

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I have been working on excavator, NiceHash's new miner, for a few weeks now, and I am growingly dissatisfied with sgminer's aging code base. I have even more ideas for mining software, but I have so little time...

Lol, I'm no dev, but with a full time job, commute, one kid and a house to take care of, I have a huge lack of time to do the simplest things so I know the struggle  Cheesy
Ethereum:

The r9 390 should be able to do 36mhash. When undervolted the card use 260watt...

I think Wolf's private ASM kernel is the best one for Hawaii.  I don't see much point in trying to optimize for the older cards.  Even though I have Pitcairn, Hawaii, Tonga, Tahiti & Polaris cards, I'm only working on a eth miner for Tonga & Polaris on Linux.

I have an EVEN BETTER one for Tonga/Polaris - it's epic cause I have so much more to work with.
Can you share optimized kernels for Pitcairn and Tahiti?
Miner Developer
It seems like I was finally able to enable the GDS on Windows!
Let me see if I can actually use it...
Miner Developer
Yup - but to do that, you need MMIO...

It seems that way... I wonder how Claymore was able to access the GDS on Windows with his ZEC miner.
Miner Developer
Yeah, Linux has all sorts of goodies as far as hardware programming is concerned...
I am trying to figure out how to do this on Windows without admin privileges.
There got to be a way.

Um... doing this on Windows without admin privs - is called an exploit.

I was wondering if AMD drivers expose internal API's for configuration registers.
There are some interesting stuff in the ADL, you know.

They do! In ADL, I mean. :3

See, you can access VRM's thru I2C, but not the configuration registers of the GPU...
Miner Developer
Yeah, Linux has all sorts of goodies as far as hardware programming is concerned...
There got to be a way.

I was wondering if AMD drivers expose internal API's for configuration registers.

They do! In ADL, I mean. :3

Really? On Windows? Let me double-check...
Miner Developer
There got to be a way.

Miner Developer
There got to be a way.
Miner Developer
I could at least add NiceHash-compatibility to GG now, though.
I don't think they would mind that...
Miner Developer
It has been so much fun developing GG with you guys (and gals) and I am immensely grateful.
However, it would be practically impossible to keep up with Claymore when s/he is presumably making $50000+/month
and I'm totally broke. I did everything I could do, but, sadly, the community made a collective choice, and I had to
make decisions accordingly. I still continue development, though. It is just that I have different priorities now.

Shame mate, as I said before, I left the fees on. But I guess when you make the choice to let people remove the fees, what you get is a lot of greed. Probably why claymore made his/her miner closed source.

Oh well, I'm still using GG on my monero rig so you should still get a few $ your way Wink

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I have been working on excavator, NiceHash's new miner, for a few weeks now, and I am growingly dissatisfied with sgminer's aging code base. I have even more ideas for mining software, but I have so little time...
Jump to: