Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 141. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Single card it runs great but my very week cpu's in my 4 card rigs are having issues.

Ah, high CPU usage explains higher power consumption, too. I will get to it today.
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
@zawawa
I will test out gg again in a week or two. I have to find a few blocks to justify testing again on the whole farm, I am however trying to fine tune for 4 card rigs and not having a ton of luck so far. Single card it runs great but my very week cpu's in my 4 card rigs are having issues.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
The thing about SA's Python implementation is that it does not work well at all on Windows.
In fact, the miner got faster by 10% just by switching from SA to sgminer-gm while keeping the same Equihash kernel.
I am not entirely satisfied with sgminer as I said before, and I will probably write my own backend and user-interface in Clojure in a long run.

Python on Windows always has been a less than preferable situation. Haven't personally run silentarmy on anything but Linux so I can't comment as to what the root cause of that would be. The solver and work distributor being separate was what made it have those characteristics I described earlier.

Clojure is an not a great choice imo. It's difficult for outsiders to approach, requires a JVM, and runs slower than Java in benchmarks. It's your thread and project, just my two cents.

Give 4 threads a go one day on sgminer. One card is randomly selected to display roughly double the rate it should be getting (even though the 5s and avg show otherwise) on my 3 card rig.

3 threads and xI 673 give the highest hash rate from my testing.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
pre6 on ethash-new with modded 470s running at 1080:2000 @850mv makes slightly less/same as claymore (27.2 vs 27.5), however power consumption is higher with GG  - 8W per card! (also there're HW errors, and cannon say for sure what's going on from the pool side)
Great progress anyway!
Miner Developer
zawawa, have you seen PM I've sent you?

I just replied to it. Sorry about the delay.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
zawawa, have you seen PM I've sent you?
Miner Developer
I just uploaded a new pre-release with updated configuration files:

https://github.com/zawawawa/gatelessgate/releases/tag/v0.1.3-pre6a

The new configuration files should work better. Please let me know.
No other changes except bat-files?

Are you planning to end zec optimization? Adding nicehash support?

ZEC optimizations and NiceHash support are among the next items on the agenda.
No worries.
Miner Developer
The numbers look somewhat better now... Let's wait and see for the next 24 hours.

https://ethermine.org/miners/91fa32e00b0f365d629fb625182a83fed61f0642
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

No other changes except bat-files?

Are you planning to end zec optimization? Adding nicehash support?
Miner Developer

Miner Developer

i try many thing and only this work :

be carefull, i have change many option.

Code:
{
  "algorithm": "ethash-new",
  "xintensity": "4608",
  "worksize": "192",
  "gpu-threads": "2",
  "load-balance": true,

"auto-fan": true,
  "temp-cutoff": "90",
  "temp-overheat": "85",
  "temp-target": "75",

"pools": [
    {
      "name":"MPH",
      "user": ".",
      "pass": "x",
      "no-extranonce": "1",
 "quota": "99;stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17020"
    },
    {
 "__comment": "Please keep this entry. Otherwise, I won't be able to continue open-source development. - zawawa",
      "name":"DEVFEE",
      "user": "0x91fa32e00b0f365d629fb625182a83fed61f0642.",
 "quota": "1;stratum+tcp://eu1.ethermine.org:4444"
    }
  ]
}

Great! I will update the repository accordingly.
Thanks zawawa.  Wink
Miner Developer
Well I ran the farm for 12Hrs but had to switch back to claymore as my effective hash was dropping, Need to fine tune more for 470 cards.

Not saying it's not GG, but effective hash rate in subject to variance, just like everything else. It's not a flat line, if that's what you're looking for.

I understand but I should have been seeing 2.2-3.4GH/s fluctuation however I was only seeing 1.6-2.5GH/s with my full farm. Testing on a single 470 GG was faster but it was slower on my full farm. I am looking into optimizations for my 4 Card rigs now to see if it's just a config issue I was just trying to let zawawa know why I had to pull the farm from the fee version of GG for now.

Thanks for letting me know. I should be able to get to RX 470 tomorrow night.
I will also look into sgminer's implementation of multi-threading.
That is one of the things I am testing but I have to find the best options/config before switching my farm again.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Well I ran the farm for 12Hrs but had to switch back to claymore as my effective hash was dropping, Need to fine tune more for 470 cards.

Not saying it's not GG, but effective hash rate in subject to variance, just like everything else. It's not a flat line, if that's what you're looking for.

I understand but I should have been seeing 2.2-3.4GH/s fluctuation however I was only seeing 1.6-2.5GH/s with my full farm. Testing on a single 470 GG was faster but it was slower on my full farm. I am looking into optimizations for my 4 Card rigs now to see if it's just a config issue I was just trying to let zawawa know why I had to pull the farm from the fee version of GG for now.

Are you running one instance of GG per rig, or one instance per card? If only one per rig, you might try one per card. Sometimes the miner's threading can be less than optimal (not just GG). I always get better farm stability with a miner instance per card.

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Code:
{

{
    },
    {
 "__comment": "Please keep this entry. Otherwise, I won't be able to continue open-source development. - zawawa",
    }
  ]
}
Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Code:
{

{
    },
    {
    }
  ]
}
Jump to: