Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 20. (Read 214356 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 5
I am getting all rejected shares mining haven cryptonight heavy saying wrong algo.  I noticed in the log there is this: Switching to Monero Version 2.  Did I do something wrong?

Thanks
--J
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Let's see if I can beat LLVM and AMD display drivers with this "bomb"...

It's cool!!!
But be carefull - I woudn't want to matrix has you ))))

A day ago you wanted to test hynix mjr memory... What's you results?
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Thanks, that worked for me Smiley

I am going to test your miner again soon, any idea what might be triggering the cpu usage? It is not there at the start, but after 2-3 hours it ends up using 70-80% cpu and the hashrate becomes unstable.

Im using the first version of the adrenaline driver, and I do have bios mods applied though, I have currently not tested the 1.3.7 version, but the issue is not on my test machine which only has 4 cards, that is perfectly stable, the issues appears only on my machines with 6 or more cards.

I would say, just don't use v1.3.2. v1.3.7 is so much better and lighter IMHO.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Thanks, that worked for me Smiley

I am going to test your miner again soon, any idea what might be triggering the cpu usage? It is not there at the start, but after 2-3 hours it ends up using 70-80% cpu and the hashrate becomes unstable.

Im using the first version of the adrenaline driver, and I do have bios mods applied though, I have currently not tested the 1.3.7 version, but the issue is not on my test machine which only has 4 cards, that is perfectly stable, the issues appears only on my machines with 6 or more cards.
Miner Developer
Zawawa - Have you heard of issues with the FAN speed getting locked in? After I have run your software some time ago (1.3.2) the fans are running at 50% - Seems that no matter what I do it is fixed at 50%..

Any fix for that? Im currently not using your software since it causes a ton of CPU usage on +7GPU machines - But it would be lovely if you could point in a direction to fix this issue?

I will look into these issues. I think somebody reported an issue with fan speeds recently.
Hopefully I will push fixes today. We will see...

Edit: You should be able to fix the fan issue with the "Reset All" button.
Activity: 65
Zawawa - Have you heard of issues with the FAN speed getting locked in? After I have run your software some time ago (1.3.2) the fans are running at 50% - Seems that no matter what I do it is fixed at 50%..

Any fix for that? Im currently not using your software since it causes a ton of CPU usage on +7GPU machines - But it would be lovely if you could point in a direction to fix this issue?
Miner Developer
Let's see if I can beat LLVM and AMD display drivers with this "bomb"...

Miner Developer
Ok Im going nuts I install 18.3.4 drivers and tries GGS 1.36 and 1.37 and cannot get any of my r9 cards to run 270,280 and 390's Im on win 10 I tried mph ethash but it wont connect I have to use a different port than ETH because of the dag the log keeps saying something about the key also I tried cn7 and my hashrates either suck or when I use default settings it crashes could someone give me a good settings on xmr for theses older cards Thanks
Also I no its not GGS its the fact Im using older cards on this rig
edit: I also tried stock clocks and OC I wonder if I need to reinstall win for some reason when you use claymore miners than switch to a different miner you get nothing but problems this always happened to me on win7  

I heard a rumor that Claymore's miners rewrite display drivers for stability.
I didn't confirm that rumor myself, but it makes a perfect sense. I was at least pretty certain that they use exploits in Windows to gain administrative privileges. (I don't think it's a coincidence antivirus software marks his miners as threats.)

These are all speculations and I might be completely wrong. That is why I prefer open-source
projects over closed-source ones, although I take a substantial financial hit that way. Just my two cents.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Ok Im going nuts I install 18.3.4 drivers and tries GGS 1.36 and 1.37 and cannot get any of my r9 cards to run 270,280 and 390's Im on win 10 I tried mph ethash but it wont connect I have to use a different port than ETH because of the dag the log keeps saying something about the key also I tried cn7 and my hashrates either suck or when I use default settings it crashes could someone give me a good settings on xmr for theses older cards Thanks
Also I no its not GGS its the fact Im using older cards on this rig
edit: I also tried stock clocks and OC I wonder if I need to reinstall win for some reason when you use claymore miners than switch to a different miner you get nothing but problems this always happened to me on win7  
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Are you going to make the timing part to have a preset for hynix , Samsung , micron and elpida. Like best timing for Samsung -- apply, best timing for hynix-- apply and so on. And if someone wants to chnage them he can tweak as he wants. And may be timings for eth and best for monero.... Just saying this will be so user friendly. And people will pay for such an easy application. Without flashing bioses and voiding warranty... I know if it is better for you to be with a fee miner, but this makes you think and work for multi miner for many algorithms which is hard...
 I really miss apply button  Grin Grin Grin
I love your work keep it going!!!

Well, that is the plan. My immediate goal is to support as wide a range of hardware as possible.
I really need to bring up raw performance by optimizing the kernels.
My wife is not happy with recent earning reports at all, so I have all the more reasons to work even harder...
Well, men have to help each other , so if you need any help in testing , I have one 1080ti and rx480 samsung and 580 hynix .... When I finish cleaning and cooking I can test some soft of yours!!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Miner Developer
Hey zawawa,

i still can't get phymem running - still getting an error. Changes on memory timings have no effect. Hitting the "print memory timings"-button has no effect either.
It's unmodified cards and 18.3.2-Driver.
Reinstalled GGS, used the standalone one, reinstalled drivers....

btw. The speed out of the box for ajr memory is good. I have 920h/s with 1150/1950.

Any idea?

Sorry, I missed your reply. Can you see PhyMemWrapper.dll in your application folder?
It seems like the miner is not properly installed.

Hi, yes i can see the file. See attached screenshots. It's asking the source file from D:\github\GatelessGateSharp\GatelessGateSharp\MainForm.cs

My almost non-existent German skills tell me that the system cannot find the DLL.
If it is there, it is either broken or incompatible. You are not running the miner on a 32-bit Windows,
are you?

Ok, it just says Exception: Unable to load DLL "PhyMemWrapper.dll': The specified module was not found. (Exception:from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Windows is 64bit...

I wonder why it asks for something on the not existent "D:\"-Drive. I do not have a "D:\"-Drive installed.

The PhyMemwrapper.dll path is written correct into the registry: "C:\Program Files\Zawawa Software LLC\Gateless Gate Sharp\PhyMemWrapper.dll".

Your Mainform.cs does not have this path specified, and i can't find any path like this in the environment variables nor in the registry.

Anyway, it seems i need a clean reinstall of Windows as this has nothing to do with GGS, i think.

I just figured out that it doesn't save the custom pool's port either although it is written correctly into the json file.

Yeah, I would say it's your Windows installation, too. Mainform.cs has nothing to do with the error itself as the message is for debugging. Please let me know how things go.
Hey zawawa,

i still can't get phymem running - still getting an error. Changes on memory timings have no effect. Hitting the "print memory timings"-button has no effect either.

btw. The speed out of the box for ajr memory is good. I have 920h/s with 1150/1950.

Any idea?

Sorry, I missed your reply. Can you see PhyMemWrapper.dll in your application folder?

Hi, yes i can see the file. See attached screenshots. It's asking the source file from D:\github\GatelessGateSharp\GatelessGateSharp\MainForm.cs

My almost non-existent German skills tell me that the system cannot find the DLL.
If it is there, it is either broken or incompatible. You are not running the miner on a 32-bit Windows,
are you?

Ok, it just says Exception: Unable to load DLL "PhyMemWrapper.dll': The specified module was not found. (Exception:from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Windows is 64bit...

I wonder why it asks for something on the not existent "D:\"-Drive. I do not have a "D:\"-Drive installed.

The PhyMemwrapper.dll path is written correct into the registry: "C:\Program Files\Zawawa Software LLC\Gateless Gate Sharp\PhyMemWrapper.dll".

Your Mainform.cs does not have this path specified, and i can't find any path like this in the environment variables nor in the registry.

Anyway, it seems i need a clean reinstall of Windows as this has nothing to do with GGS, i think.

I just figured out that it doesn't save the custom pool's port either although it is written correctly into the json file.
Did you tried to run GGS with admin rights? Folders in Program Files needs additional privelegies to run properly...
Or try to uninstall and install in other folder.
Activity: 23
Hey zawawa,

Any idea?

https://picload.org/view/dodowocr/log-kopie.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/dodowoca/phymem-kopie.png.html

are you?

Windows is 64bit...

Miner Developer
Are you going to make the timing part to have a preset for hynix , Samsung , micron and elpida. Like best timing for Samsung -- apply, best timing for hynix-- apply and so on. And if someone wants to chnage them he can tweak as he wants. And may be timings for eth and best for monero.... Just saying this will be so user friendly. And people will pay for such an easy application. Without flashing bioses and voiding warranty... I know if it is better for you to be with a fee miner, but this makes you think and work for multi miner for many algorithms which is hard...

Well, that is the plan. My immediate goal is to support as wide a range of hardware as possible.
I really need to bring up raw performance by optimizing the kernels.
My wife is not happy with recent earning reports at all, so I have all the more reasons to work even harder...
Miner Developer
Hey zawawa,

Any idea?

are you?
Activity: 23
Hey zawawa,

Any idea?

https://picload.org/view/dodowocr/log-kopie.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/dodowoca/phymem-kopie.png.html

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
joaocha, please write eth and xmr speeds with posted timings. We need to know how this timings faster than stock...

The elpida timing works fine on all elpida gpu. (tested on 470 4gb and 580gb)

I got 30 on eth dual mining, and 900 on xmr ( i can overclock for more, there is a lot of rom)
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
I am preparing another bomb right now. We shall see...
You know how to intrigue ))))) Waitinggggg.........
Miner Developer
I am preparing another bomb right now. We shall see...
Pages:
Jump to: