Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 23. (Read 214358 times)

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
I have several RX 470's that I have tested on gatelessgate for Ethereum, here is my feedback :

• Produces on an average 1-2mh per GPU less than Claymore (this is after sitting through the painfully long optimisation process)
  • Consumes about 30% higher power compared to Claymore
  • Messed up the powerplay tables so completely that even after uninstalling the miner and using several tools to reset fan settings or OC settings etc my GPU fans were constantly at 100%, I had to uninstall and reinstall drivers entirely

Nice UI, but I dont see the point of using something thats clearly inferior to Claymore with the same devfee.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
zawawa, can you help me?

I have two timings straps, 1 for cryptonight memory clock 1950MHz and 2nd for ethereum on 2200MHz memory clock.
Is there is a way to unite straps into 1, or flash these 2 straps in bios some way that allows to use this straps on they clocks on 1 bios?

I'm tired to reflash bios every time when changes profits from algo.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I tried cn7 with my mix rig r9 270,280,390's everytime it loads the bin for first cards GGS just sits there do I have to install the latest drivers and set my clocks to stock or uninstall AF and let GGS run my cards I always used your original GG on this rig and loved the results but because of the fork thats no longer a option

Welcome back! Yeah, you need to update the driver. There is no way around it.
Thank You tonight when I get home I'll update drivers also GGS is looking awesome
I didn't recommend to update AMD driver to version 18.4.1.
After update one of cards on rigs start to drop hashspeed to 0 after several seconds untill restart mining. Problem not only on my rig! Several peoples in neighbor themes wrotes about the same problem with 18.4.1 driver!
Forced to rollback to 18.3.4 version.

Thats normally a sign that intensity needs some adjustment ... strange ... as my testrig does not complain after a slight tweak on intensity. We'll see ...
I checked this on ethereum and cryptonight. On different miners.
I DDU 18.4.1 and install it again to check. Didn't helps.
Rolling back to 18.3.4 helps to return to notmal work with the same parameters.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
After update one of cards on rigs start to drop hashspeed to 0 after several seconds untill restart mining. Problem not only on my rig! Several peoples in neighbor themes wrotes about the same problem with 18.4.1 driver!

Thats normally a sign that intensity needs some adjustment ... strange ... as my testrig does not complain after a slight tweak on intensity. We'll see ...
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
I tried cn7 with my mix rig r9 270,280,390's everytime it loads the bin for first cards GGS just sits there do I have to install the latest drivers and set my clocks to stock or uninstall AF and let GGS run my cards I always used your original GG on this rig and loved the results but because of the fork thats no longer a option

Welcome back! Yeah, you need to update the driver. There is no way around it.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Well, you just need to get your feet wet.
Anything worthwhile takes time to master, you know.
 In the meantime, I will prepare documentation, OK?
Sure, thanks.
Miner Developer
Well, you just need to get your feet wet.
Anything worthwhile takes time to master, you know.
 In the meantime, I will prepare documentation, OK?
What starting point you talking about? GGS can't set timings for my cards even captured from stock bios. Why? How optimizer can work, if timings can't be applied at all?

Ready optimized parameters can't help. I tried on 2 different cards RX 580 8Gb with hynix mjr memory, but different manufacter. Whey bios straps identical. But GGS captures a little different timings with all other parameters equal. This means, I think, that cards memory can work different ways even the same type.
And I can't apply ready timings if you add it, because any timings applying leads to BSOD.

And please:
1. Why you removed "Release momory"? It was usefull. Return it, please.
2. What does checkbox "Hardware acceleration"? Does it need be enabled to use timings? I didn't enabled it yet. Only Phymem used.

You then need to run the optimizer to find a good starting point.
I strongly recommend a USB watchdog or something similar for automatic reboots.
There will be a lot of BSOD's, I guarantee it!
If you don't want all that, wait until I optimize GGS for Hynix GDDR5.

Looks good to me!

GGS on eth algo gives 2MH/s less speed than Claymore and Phoenix miner on RX 580 8Gb. Maybe Eth kernel needs optimiztion?
Tried on default parameters.

I told you GGS is not optimized for your card yet.
You really need to run the optimizer to get the best performance for now.
Ok. I want to try.
1st step is to flash original bios.
2nd - set clocks to 1750MHz.
3nd - run mining and catch timings
4th - set TFAW to 0.
5th - run optimization.

All right?
Can't do optimization. I'll describe:
1. Flashed default bios. Restarted.
2. Run GGS, set OC enable and set 1250MHz core 1750MHz memory.
3. Run ethash mining. Mining started normal. If 21,5M speed on eth is normal ))).
4. Captured timings during mining.
5. Stop mining.
6. Enable timings option.
7. Restart GGS and start mining to check - would it work with unchanged captured timings.
8. After generating DAG BSOD appears THREAD_STUCK...

Tried the same moves with cryptonightv7 algo. Same result.

Now some questions:
2. What do checkbox "Hardware acceleration"? Does it need be enabled to use timings? I didn't enabled it yet. Only Phymem used.
3. Captured timigs during mining eth and cryptonight are differes from each other. It normal?

And main question: Why enabled timigs in GGS with any timings, uncluding captured from original bios, GGS leads to BSOD?

Windows 10 x64 Pro license, 12Gb RAM, Adrenalin 18.3.4 driver. No Afterburner, no OverdriveN tool or any other software used.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Trying to test custom timings functionality, but launching Boost mode on a RX580 without bios mod immediately crash gpu Sad
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I don't understand why starting from scratch, or from a white paper in the form of a stock card.
I understand that a starting point is needed but seem a "Sisifo" job to me

Normally my card are Rx 580/570 8gb with micron memory, 60% Sapphire and the rest what I was able to get.

they do 31.7 Mh/s with low energy while dual mining xvg, 1130/820 / 2224/820 power -8

All of them reach 960 on CNV7 at 1198/838  2098/838 power -10 at around 100 w atw

All Polaris one click.

I know that with better timings results can be higher in CN.and I suppose that GGS can't make miracle and increase 2 Mhs on etash

So,  I don't think I need to start from stock for everything  I will start from what I have.

I start from stock  it with the Rx480 samsung . without the watchdog.(its not arrived yet) and it take a lot of time and one pc for it.

I will start from what I have for C/N and let you know if the time needed is slighty less

Miner Developer
You then need to run the optimizer to find a good starting point.
I strongly recommend a USB watchdog or something similar for automatic reboots.
There will be a lot of BSOD's, I guarantee it!
If you don't want all that, wait until I optimize GGS for Hynix GDDR5.

Looks good to me!

GGS on eth algo gives 2MH/s less speed than Claymore and Phoenix miner on RX 580 8Gb. Maybe Eth kernel needs optimiztion?

Ok. I want to try.
4th - set TFAW to 0.
5th - run optimization.

All right?
3. Run ethash mining. Mining started normal. If 21,5M speed on eth is normal ))).
5. Stop mining.
7. Restart GGS and start mining to check - would it work with unchanged captured timings.

Now some questions:
2. What do checkbox "Hardware acceleration"? Does it need be enabled to use timings? I didn't enabled it yet. Only Phymem used.
3. Captured timigs during mining eth and cryptonight are differes from each other. It normal?

And main question: Why enabled timigs in GGS with any timings, uncluding captured from original bios, GGS leads to BSOD?

Windows 10 x64 Pro license, 12Gb RAM, Adrenalin 18.3.4 driver. No Afterburner, no OverdriveN tool or any other software used.
Looks good to me!

Ok. I want to try.
4th - set TFAW to 0.
5th - run optimization.

All right?
5. Stop mining.

Now some questions:

Miner Developer
Looks good to me!

Ok. I want to try.
4th - set TFAW to 0.
5th - run optimization.

All right?

Ok. I want to try.
4th - set TFAW to 0.
5th - run optimization.

All right?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Ok guys,

whatever strap i'm putting in or whatever i change in the memory timing field, the hashrate does not change, even if i resume ggs or restart the system. OC features work as expected..
It's Win10 and AMD 18.3.2

What am i overlooking or doing wrong?

Did you choose the right device and right algorithm on the "Devices" tab page?

Well i think so,

http://up.picr.de/32546906qz.jpg

http://up.picr.de/32546907lr.jpg

http://up.picr.de/32546908hn.jpg

@zawawa
I think it is an error with phymem, any idea how to fix it?

See: http://up.picr.de/32552891tk.jpg
Miner Developer

Pages:
Jump to: