Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners (Scrypt/SHA256 miners and Hashlet cloud) independent feedback thread - page 30. (Read 82240 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I've been trying to get a response from GAWMiners.com customer service since Monday morning and have had absolutely no luck using their chat, email, phone, and support. I don't see an excuse at this point and my only course of action is to cancel the order I have with them and get a refund. It's the first time ordering from GAWMiners.com and the last. I've waited on the phone until the very end a few times all three days at which point you are offered to leave a message which I did on Monday and again first thing this morning. I emailed yesterday and today as well as. I used their website chat Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and left a message on the chat which it indicates to do when no agent responds. I also sent a message through their contact page web form and still nothing. I would say in 72 hours any one of these things should have been sufficient to get a response. I was told last week someone would get back to me regarding some sales questions and that never happened. I'm sure some of you from the sounds of it have had some good customer service. I rate my experience at the top of the horrible scale.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Earlier in the week hashtrader was down because of an issue, this was an outage out of our control.

Today, we are in the process of upgrading the software and features of hashtrader, so we have chosen to take it offline. Very different then a technical outage.

There will be times we will be adding new features, etc. We will choose the most low traffic times to do it. For hashtrader, that time is now.

why you no use staging or test server? no take down whole site for upgrade, that so 2009  Shocked

Something about how the data base works, we can not have changes being made to it while its being upgraded. This was part of the crash earlier in the week. They were making changes while it was live.

My dev guys assure me that it "wont happen again" but I will not risk it. So I told them to disable the site until they finished the upgrades.
Activity: 28
Earlier in the week hashtrader was down because of an issue, this was an outage out of our control.

Today, we are in the process of upgrading the software and features of hashtrader, so we have chosen to take it offline. Very different then a technical outage.

There will be times we will be adding new features, etc. We will choose the most low traffic times to do it. For hashtrader, that time is now.

why you no use staging or test server? no take down whole site for upgrade, that so 2009  Shocked
Activity: 182
hashtrader is down

I have a feeling that this site is hosted in the same five state-of-the-art datacenters as the miners.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7qNbRz5DAWAJ:https://hashtrader.com/t/6-9-14-forum-outage/294+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This will not happen again

Words never to be uttered.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
anyone get the intel controller?
any directions on how to get the web interface up?
they say its plug and play and you just go to the web interface and config.

I don't have it but I would guess that you need to find its IP address and then enter

http://ip_address/

in your browser. To find the IP address you can use something like this http://angryip.org/

if it were that easy, I'd be done and good, but there's not even website software running anywhere that I can find.

Sorry for assuming you were a noob. If you list what you tried so far I'm sure someone would come up with an idea how to hack the thing.
Activity: 153

I don't have it but I would guess that you need to find its IP address and then enter

in your browser. To find the IP address you can use something like this http://angryip.org/

if it were that easy, I'd be done and good, but there's not even website software running anywhere that I can find.
legendary
hashtrader is down

I have a feeling that this site is hosted in the same five state-of-the-art datacenters as the miners.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7qNbRz5DAWAJ:https://hashtrader.com/t/6-9-14-forum-outage/294+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This will not happen again

Words never to be uttered.
Man, my hosted machines are down, the UI is down, and hashtrader is down. This is really getting frustrating.  Sad

the GAW muster all power to take picture of war machine to prove it real ---- so exciting!
Sorry about that! That coupon is no longer active.

GAWMiners is worth their nominal price though, especially with their customer service and ability to ship on time Smiley

even on hashmaster site people complain about shipping delays, what you talking about?
Activity: 5
Sorry about that! That coupon is no longer active.

GAWMiners is worth their nominal price though, especially with their customer service and ability to ship on time Smiley

If you are a new customer, you can get $20 off $200 (so up to 10% off). Great for a fury + zencontroller, which work awesome together (especially for those that are new to mining). Use a referral link to unlock that promotion. If you would like to use my referral link, click here or here. However bear in mind my satisfaction with gawminers is COMPLETELY unrelated to any referral programs.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I tried to make a purchase with the discount code but it didn't work.  Maybe someone used it?  How did u get the code?
I want to say I am extremely happy with my GAWMiner!

My fury is hashing at a stable 1.32 MH/s. You can see there are some complaints in this thread, but that is because most people are only loud when something goes wrong, and with more than 9000 orders there are bound to be issues - that is expected. But gawminer support is very good.

Tip, if you want to order use coupon code 5OFF, this gives you 5% off the order. I don't know if it still works or when it will expire.
legendary

Activity: 153
So the Fury at $140 right now and at or just under 50 watts is progress.

It's not as good if you compare four Blizzards/Furies to one Gridseed Blade, which outperforms them at half the power consumption and costs roughly the same. On the other hand, for the price of two Blades you can get the next-one-forgot-its-name Zeus clone, which is 13-14 MH/s. So I guess they're somewhat competitively priced now, depending on which price point you're looking at.

Yes, but the power use much worse for hardware Zeus. Gridseed equipment uses much less energy. Innosilicon consume less energy. More hash but more power all around.

Page hashmaster not send me a confirmation e-mail, so instead I write here.

Hashmaster works now, maybe I get caught in yesterday data problem
Since I haven't seen anyone else post their experiences with returns, I'm going to add mine.

First, let me say that I still believe that GAW has gone above and beyond in most cases and will probably come out of this as one of the most reputable mining hardware dealers. Pre-sale customer service was terrific and hardware was delivered very close to when it was promised.

But... post-sale care has some issues to work out. From what I can tell, returns and exchanges need to get Josh's direct approval and since he is tied up with so many other things, the back-and-forth communications take days between responses.

I won't fill this up with the details of the email exchanges. All of them have been very cordial, and there have many, but there are some things that I would caution others about:

1. I never was able to get an actual RMA, except for the email note from Amanda saying that it was okay, which I got after I notified GAW that I had already shipped them out.

2. GAW has had the returned Falcons for almost a week, and I have neither replacement equipment, store credit, nor full refund.
I have been trying to figure out some equitable exchange or return, since I am no longer interested in Zeus-produced equipment. Originally, I requested credit towards the purchase of an A2, but they have since disappeared from the site, the Gridseed delivery dates keep getting pushed back, and the S2 is there for show I guess, since there's no link to either order or pre-order.

3. I do believe that they will make good on their warranty/guarantee, but as it stands today, they have my pre-payment in full for Week One miners and I've got nothing.

IMO, this is mainly a result of delays in communication resulting from needing approval from the top, and could probably be solved by giving the customer service folks the authority to accept returns and issue refunds or exchanges. I appreciate that Josh has been offering to let people email him directly in order to solve problems, but as a business owner, I'm sure he understands that empowering his employees to solve the problems directly is a more scalable solution and leads to better, faster customer service.

Last, there needs to be a better process for RMA. Immediate issuing of RMA numbers, mailing details, and instructions. And when the units arrive at GAW, the customer needs to be notified that they have been received, when they've been accepted, and when they can expect a refund.

Update (07/12/14): Sometime overnight, a credit was posted to my account. (Which I hope to apply to some non-Zeus hardware in the near future.)
So the Fury at $140 right now and at or just under 50 watts is progress.

It's not as good if you compare four Blizzards/Furies to one Gridseed Blade, which outperforms them at half the power consumption and costs roughly the same. On the other hand, for the price of two Blades you can get the next-one-forgot-its-name Zeus clone, which is 13-14 MH/s. So I guess they're somewhat competitively priced now, depending on which price point you're looking at.

Yes, but the power use much worse for hardware Zeus. Gridseed equipment uses much less energy. Innosilicon consume less energy. More hash but more power all around.

Page hashmaster not send me a confirmation e-mail, so instead I write here.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
I tried posting a new message on hashtrader but couldn't figure out how, only how to reply. What a terrible software that is! Sad

There is a big link on the bottom "Why not create a topic?"

Anyways, as a buyer, should I be concerned with all of these QA and Hardware hiccups with these zeus units? I am a bit disappointed that on Sunday I was told my Hosted Miner was going to be up, only to have the date pushed till Thursday again today..

With that being said, I understand that GAW is not to blame completely for this. It appears Zeus is not doing proper QA checks and sending out garbage much like KNC did with the neptunes.

So I guess what I am asking, is what is the type of warranty on these items? I bought a war machine and 3 black widows, and now all of these problems have me super paranoid that before my unit even has a chance to ROI it wont even survive. I haven't received any items yet but I am just overly paranoid that these units are not built to last, rather slapped together as fast as possible and not thoroughly tested... Is there any type of re-assurance that comes with them?

If the hardware arrives damaged you will of course get refunded, but as far as I know no hardware supplier offers a complete warranty like 1 year.
Big hardware companies have teams that assess refund claims and check if the hardware was used properly. Imagine someone spills water on the miner, writes to the supplier that it stopped working and requests RMA.
I thought Gridseed QA was bad, I bought 50 units, most of them had missing screws, thermal pads that didnt touch chips, poorly lapped heatsinks, the whole 9 yards (I bought those from zoomhash, but its not their fault either).

Thankfully GAW's units don't have this problem. Smiley
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
The design of the fury looks nice Smiley
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
has anyone's hosted Fury gone offline?

Mine has been offline for the last 7 hours  Cry

7 hours? My week 2 Fury, which initially went online June 2nd, has been offline probably 80-90% since then and at the moment is STILL down.
Pages:
Jump to: