Pages:
Author

Topic: Gay marriage will destabilise family life - page 7. (Read 10664 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 529
Sure, "more freedom". More freedom to be regulated. More government regulation is EVERYONE'S concern. I will give you ONE EXAMPLE since you are so willfully ignorant and can't get past your own cognitive dissonance. A heterosexual couple have a child. That child is gay. The heterosexual parents are now directly effected by regulation of gay marriage via their child. Once more, this one single example is besides the point and again just a tertiary argument I will spend no more time arguing about.

I should point out by the way I am opposed to government being involved in marriage at all for anyone.

As far as your rambling about homosexuality being illegal, homosexuality wasn't illegal in the US sodomy was, for heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. What you are describing is DEREGULATION of private personal activities, not creating MORE regulation, so again your argument has no logical basis as my entire argument is that increased government regulation is not desirable, and thus it is a legitimate reason for anyone residing here to protest gay marriage.
Incredible how you can't simply politely expose your point of view... You seem to have to be rude...

Anyway. Your argument is a complete nonsense because the notion of mariage itself is linked to government. Being married means to be recognized as a couple in the eye of the state: marriage (oxford dictionary)-The legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship:. If you don't want to be regulated by government don't marry at the city hall! Only marry at the church!

You just refuse to grant more freedom to others. Simply because you don't want to be involved in any official thing doesn't mean others don't want either. Legitimate gay marriage doesn't increase state regulation! It only gives the right to homosexuals to be regulated by the gov if they want.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Pay no attention to the civilized debate behind the curtain. Cognitive dissonance at its best.
It's not a debate.It's a wrong statement..So keep up your quest for no rules with rules

I'm surprised people want to even argue against homosexual relationships.  It is not my business what people do in their bedrooms.  

Would they complain that Asians like to have more oral than Blacks (just an example, I'm not sure if it is true)?  Why people even think about what gay people do in their bedrooms?  Why they have interest in it?  Closet gays themselves? Jealous?

Never understood that logic.  

It really does not matter if kids are raised by a man and a women or two women, two men, or three men and five women.  What is the difference?  If parents love their kids, they will provide for them, show them love and teach them how to be good human beings.

I agree with you 100%, it is nobody's business, even the government's. I never argued against homosexual relationships. I stated that people are demanding increased regulation via the government, as a result it effects everyone subject to that government regardless of your sexuality, therefore merely objecting to it does not make one a homophobe or a bigot. The idea that it doesn't effect anyone else is a myth designed to mask the fact that this makes people less free, not more free, exploiting the LGBT movement to do so. This directly involves the government and gives them more power, control, and authority over gay marriage when the government shouldn't be involved in any kind of marriage at all.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
Pay no attention to the civilized debate behind the curtain. Cognitive dissonance at its best.
It's not a debate.It's a wrong statement..So keep up your quest for no rules with rules
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
Considering the amount of vulgarity you're spitting it might be a possibility yeah.

You're only yelling and insulting. You give few if no logical arguments.

You just abuse the Caps Lock of your keyboard and the emojis that's all.
Better than talking all nice .When really your being horrible little cunts OK.
People like you STAB YOU IN THE BACK..be all nice but really your rats.. Grin SO GO DIE CUNT
Also with a brain like yours waste of space ..Don't believe in Darwin  Cheesy D :Dumb shits

And also the question being asked is a total lie and a fuckin Insult to gay people SO FUCK OFF

You're... Terrifying...

Truly if people like you are usual in USA I understand why they're all talking about "politically correct" legion.

Why are you yelling like this? Why are you insulting us? They both said they were for gay marriage why the fuck are you insulting them like this?
GOOD. Same person who said how can gays bring a child up better you could not see it being possible..Well i proved you wrong
It's not a debate it's a FUCKIN INSULT ..So go and fuck yourself..
All i see on this thread is gays are to blame for..paedophiles. destabilised families  worse than animals molestation spoiling movies..ANYTHING ELSE YOU STUPID FUCKERS WANT TO ADD..

And you wonder why I am swearing because it's insults not a debate THICK SHIT..
And then you cheeky shit had the cheek to say that someone on here was the only 1 with the right answer..FUCK OFF PRICK ..The whole question being asked is an insult to gay people so fuck you

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Sure, "more freedom". More freedom to be regulated. More government regulation is EVERYONE'S concern. I will give you ONE EXAMPLE since you are so willfully ignorant and can't get past your own cognitive dissonance. A heterosexual couple have a child. That child is gay. The heterosexual parents are now directly effected by regulation of gay marriage via their child. Once more, this one single example is besides the point and again just a tertiary argument I will spend no more time arguing about.

I should point out by the way I am opposed to government being involved in marriage at all for anyone.

As far as your rambling about homosexuality being illegal, homosexuality wasn't illegal in the US sodomy was, for heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. What you are describing is DEREGULATION of private personal activities, not creating MORE regulation, so again your argument has no logical basis as my entire argument is that increased government regulation is not desirable, and thus it is a legitimate reason for anyone residing here to protest gay marriage.
The reason is it effects everyone, not just homosexuals.

Which is why people refuse this argument. It doesn't. In which way does it affect anyone but the gays?

So then, explain to me how enacting a law that affects all Americans and American residents, most being tax payers, and changing constitutional law DOES NOT affect everyone? I already explained how it effects everyone else, you simply just keep pretending like it is not a fact trying to bait me into some tertiary argument about gay marriage which I have no interest in. People have a right to object because government effects everyone, and people have a right to have a say in what their government does regardless of their sexuality, without being harassed and designated bigots simply for disagreeing. It is very simple. I am not arguing for or against it, just that people have legitimate reason to protest that doesn't involve prejudice.

Again you're wrong. They have a legitimate right. Not a legitimate reason.
Right: because it goes through the government official wya, which means they have the right to express their opinions and ask for the government to take it into account
No reason: Because it will not affect them in any way. By this I mean: it will not touch their freedom in any way, will not cost them anything, will not harm them in any way. It will have 0 effect on their life. unless they're gays of course, and in this case they'll be granted more freedom that's all.

If you go this way, even the fact that gay relationships are made illegal isn't bad in itself as it's also regulated by the government.

No. That doesn't make any sense at all. You don't need permission from the government to be gay. Gayness is not taxed either. You have no logic in this position.

Well you needed one only a few decades ago, and they didn't give it out. Being gay was illegal only few decades ago.

Your argument there still has zero logic. Sodomy (not homosexuality) may have been illegal in the past in the US, but that doesn't have anything to do with your supposed argument. You are simply trying once again to recast this argument under the subject of bigotry because that is the easiest way to marginalize people whom you do not agree with.

Indeed sodomy was illegal. thanks for the (useless) precision.
And I don't see where you don't understand me. Your words were : "You don't need permission from the government to be gay" I corrected you by saying you no longer need permission to be gay. That's all.
My supposed argument is that legal/illegal characteristic of everything (including homosexuality) has to go through the government approval. Government decides if such thing is legal or illegal. As you said earlier that any law concerns all Americans which means all Americans has every right to agree or disagree with every law, it means you support the right for Americans to ban homosexuality if they want to. I might be wrong of course, but that's what I understood from your arguments. And please don't go insulting me again or yelling at possible "strawman argument" if I misunderstood your arguments just say it.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Which is why people refuse this argument. It doesn't. In which way does it affect anyone but the gays?

So then, explain to me how enacting a law that affects all Americans and American residents, most being tax payers, and changing constitutional law DOES NOT affect everyone? I already explained how it effects everyone else, you simply just keep pretending like it is not a fact trying to bait me into some tertiary argument about gay marriage which I have no interest in. People have a right to object because government effects everyone, and people have a right to have a say in what their government does regardless of their sexuality, without being harassed and designated bigots simply for disagreeing. It is very simple. I am not arguing for or against it, just that people have legitimate reason to protest that doesn't involve prejudice.

If you go this way, even the fact that gay relationships are made illegal isn't bad in itself as it's also regulated by the government.

No. That doesn't make any sense at all. You don't need permission from the government to be gay. Gayness is not taxed either. You have no logic in this position.

Well you needed one only a few decades ago, and they didn't give it out. Being gay was illegal only few decades ago.

Your argument there still has zero logic. Sodomy (not homosexuality) may have been illegal in the past in the US, but that doesn't have anything to do with your supposed argument. You are simply trying once again to recast this argument under the subject of bigotry because that is the easiest way to marginalize people whom you do not agree with.

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

I know cognitive dissonance prevents you from acknowledging this, but try reading the emboldened text again.

Thanks for insulting me. You could also simply rephrase your thoughts but I guess insults are the way Americans do shit...

Well I still don't understand. You say that gay marriage is the concern of everyone because it involves the government. And so? It doesn't explain why gay marriage is a problem.

That wasn't an insult, but attacking me based on my nationality is a personal attack however. I was pointing out the fact that you are conditioned to ignore the simple logic of this scenario. I never said gay marriage was "a problem", simply that it directly involves government, and thus directly effects every resident, therefore people have a right to oppose it based on this logic alone if they so choose. No bigotry required.

Right != Reason

They have the right to oppose it, and nobody is discussing their right to oppose it.

But lots of people are questioning their reasons. Because there is no reason to oppose it.

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
I know cognitive dissonance prevents you from acknowledging this, but try reading the emboldened text again.

Thanks for insulting me. You could also simply rephrase your thoughts but I guess insults are the way Americans do shit...

Well I still don't understand. You say that gay marriage is the concern of everyone because it involves the government. And so? It doesn't explain why gay marriage is a problem.

That wasn't an insult, but attacking me based on my nationality is a personal attack however. I was pointing out the fact that you are conditioned to ignore the simple logic of this scenario. I never said gay marriage was "a problem", simply that it directly involves government, and thus directly effects every resident, therefore people have a right to oppose it based on this logic alone if they so choose. No bigotry required.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
The problem with the logic that anyone who is against gay marriage is against homosexuals or homosexuality is that homosexuals and homosexuality don't involve the government. When you introduce government into the situation, it instantly becomes something that effects every resident of the nation, especially tax payers. Government does not solve problems, it only causes them. Homosexuals rallying for state recognized marriage is no different than begging for more wide distribution of the shackles every one else suffers from. Demanding the government regulate the people more is EVERYONE'S problem regardless of who or what you are sexually attracted to. Reducing this subject down to "you are either for us or against us" is a fallacy and has no place in honest debate. Not everyone who is against gay marriage is a right wing closet gay Jesus freak homophobic bigot.

If there is homophobia there please point it out.

The question is not the homophobia of your claim cause as far as what you wrote there is none. Question is why there could be a problem with gay marriage? A problem not linked to homophobia.
At least that's what I understand. And anyway I would like to here how you can be opposed to gay marriage from a non religious/non homphobic point of view.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
The problem with the logic that anyone who is against gay marriage is against homosexuals or homosexuality is that homosexuals and homosexuality don't involve the government. When you introduce government into the situation, it instantly becomes something that effects every resident of the nation, especially tax payers. Government does not solve problems, it only causes them. Homosexuals rallying for state recognized marriage is no different than begging for more wide distribution of the shackles every one else suffers from. Demanding the government regulate the people more is EVERYONE'S problem regardless of who or what you are sexually attracted to. Reducing this subject down to "you are either for us or against us" is a fallacy and has no place in honest debate. Not everyone who is against gay marriage is a right wing closet gay Jesus freak homophobic bigot.

If there is homophobia there please point it out.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Considering the amount of vulgarity you're spitting it might be a possibility yeah.

You're only yelling and insulting. You give few if no logical arguments.

You just abuse the Caps Lock of your keyboard and the emojis that's all.
Better than talking all nice .When really your being horrible little cunts OK.
People like you STAB YOU IN THE BACK..be all nice but really your rats.. Grin SO GO DIE CUNT
Also with a brain like yours waste of space ..Don't believe in Darwin  Cheesy D :Dumb shits

And also the question being asked is a total lie and a fuckin Insult to gay people SO FUCK OFF

You're... Terrifying...

Truly if people like you are usual in USA I understand why they're all talking about "politically correct" legion.

Why are you yelling like this? Why are you insulting us? They both said they were for gay marriage why the fuck are you insulting them like this?
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

I don't understand your point. What's the problem with homosexuality and right for their marriage?

Do you have any argument against it not linked to religion or homophobia? Smiley
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Funny, when someone actually has a good point suddenly everything is a joke and none of your hateful rambling is supposed to mean anything. Smooth.
Ok what ever you won Grin AM CONFUSED.COM
How can you mean what you say if you cannot say what you mean..Class.
What point Undecided

What do I win? Are you implying I have some kind of ulterior motive for posting here? Most people come here to discuss the subject matter at hand, I don't know what your major mental malfunction is...
legendary
Funny, when someone actually has a good point suddenly everything is a joke and none of your hateful rambling is supposed to mean anything. Smooth.
Ok what ever you won Grin AM CONFUSED.COM
How can you mean what you say if you cannot say what you mean..Class.
What point Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: