Pages:
Author

Topic: GB Coin: Real Team & Workshops & Financial Goals - page 3. (Read 47571 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
gonna jump back on this coin and grab a few

Welcome back.  We need more people.  Difficulty is very low- so definitely worth mining.
legendary
Activity: 1848
gonna jump back on this coin and grab a few
legendary
Crypto-t: re. change of algo.

Anything that reduces heat and energy use must be a good thing. Using fewer resources means less cost = more profit. I don't know much about the different algos but x11 seems popular, I see there are other x** algos too, are these worth looking at or are they just more complication!? Changing the algo could also enable a re-launch, refresh, re-whatever to further invigorate GBC and popularise the coin.

Soul-eater: re. Multipool idea.

An excellent idea, setting one up is outside my abilities too. Can we get GBC on to an existing multipool? Which ones might be worth contacting, especially once GBC is on the exchanges.

Not really sure.  Am doing a bit of research on it.  One of the things I have come up against is resistance to taking up a coin that is still in POW and directly mine-able (if that's a word).  Will need to look into it more.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Crypto-t: re. change of algo.

Anything that reduces heat and energy use must be a good thing. Using fewer resources means less cost = more profit. I don't know much about the different algos but x11 seems popular, I see there are other x** algos too, are these worth looking at or are they just more complication!? Changing the algo could also enable a re-launch, refresh, re-whatever to further invigorate GBC and popularise the coin.

Soul-eater: re. Multipool idea.

An excellent idea, setting one up is outside my abilities too. Can we get GBC on to an existing multipool? Which ones might be worth contacting, especially once GBC is on the exchanges.
Activity: 98
legendary
Spoke to Adrian yesterday and he is currently looking into possibly moving to a less energy hungry/heat generating algorithm such as X11.  Nothing 100% but he is looking into it.
This is possible, I believe other coins have also changed algo, would people prefer to have X11?

It won't make any difference to coin amount or production time just heat generated etc.

If there's enough interest I will start looking at the code to change it.

I just sent you another email.  Have some people asking why POW would continue if there was a multipool, their point being that it should perhaps switch to a POS only model first.  I can see where they are coming from.  Total coins etc would stay the same, only the method of production would change.  Would also help to garner more attention.
Activity: 98
Spoke to Adrian yesterday and he is currently looking into possibly moving to a less energy hungry/heat generating algorithm such as X11.  Nothing 100% but he is looking into it.
This is possible, I believe other coins have also changed algo, would people prefer to have X11?

It won't make any difference to coin amount or production time just heat generated etc.

If there's enough interest I will start looking at the code to change it.
legendary
legendary
Bittrex exchange might be willing to add GBC if it can get more volume than it did on CryptoAltex (less than 0.5 BTC per day).  I have an idea that might help.  I don't have the skills to do this myself otherwise I would do it.  I'm thinking of a multipool that mines the most profitable coin and exchanges it for GBC - or direct mine GBC if that gives more GBC coins.  This would create volume and demand as well as increasing the profile of the coin but would need to be done with assistance from an exchange.  Bittrex are definitely interested but we need someone who is able to do this.  Adrian could also offer a bounty say 20K GBC (if not I can provide a bounty).  Does anybody know of anyone that might be able to do this?

Also at no. 1 spot on Comkort Exchange now: https://comkort.com/vote
legendary

Yes me too. Sometimes you have to refresh and re-login.  I think it's a security measure but it doesn't actually say anything  unless you refresh.

No matter how many times I refreshed, logged out, refreshed, logged back in, cleared cache, refreshed, used Chromium instead of Firefox, (I even tried Windows and IE - aaargh), it usually still didn't work - maybe worked 1 in 10 times.

I contacted swisscex about this and they say there has been a problem but it should be fixed now. It affected people in the UK more than elsewhere apparently. Hopefully it'll stay working now.

Hash rate and difficulty rising as well as GBC up the voting charts like a rocket reasonable fast thing Cheesy

That's weird.  I'm in the UK and haven't had that.

Yes me too. Sometimes you have to refresh and re-login.  I think it's a security measure but it doesn't actually say anything  unless you refresh.

No matter how many times I refreshed, logged out, refreshed, logged back in, cleared cache, refreshed, used Chromium instead of Firefox, (I even tried Windows and IE - aaargh), it usually still didn't work - maybe worked 1 in 10 times.

I contacted swisscex about this and they say there has been a problem but it should be fixed now. It affected people in the UK more than elsewhere apparently. Hopefully it'll stay working now.

Hash rate and difficulty rising as well as GBC up the voting charts like a rocket reasonable fast thing Cheesy
legendary
I'm voting on all these exchanges as often as I can. Great to see GBC rising up the lists Cool

Keep mining, keep voting

Quite often the swisscex interface doesn't load properly for me - more text than graphic, and I can't vote - do others get the same?

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I'm voting on all these exchanges as often as I can. Great to see GBC rising up the lists Cool

Keep mining, keep voting

Quite often the swisscex interface doesn't load properly for me - more text than graphic, and I can't vote - do others get the same?
Yeah I get the same from time to time.

Keep mining, keep voting

legendary
Guys keep voting at all these places every hour:

Swisscex (no. 2 here at the moment: 3 votes/hour): https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Allcoin (currently no. 18, 1 vote/hour): https://www.allcoin.com/vote

Comkort (currently no. 20, 3 votes/hour): https://comkort.com/vote

Mintpal (currently 224, 1 vote/hour): https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Keep tweeting @BittrexExchange on Twitter to add GBC (They respond to twitter pressure and the more original, humorous or interesting the better).

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
GBcoin is no.2 on SwissCEX now - keep voting:

https://www.swisscex.com/voting
Ooh great news looks like a bit of a revival here!
legendary
GBcoin is no.2 on SwissCEX now - keep voting:

https://www.swisscex.com/voting
legendary
Well guys .... I did vote No. 500 on Allcoin  Wink

I'm still voting too.  Now on no. 18 in the list.  Remember to keep sending humorous, original, and interesting tweets to @BittrexExchange as it is the most effective method to get listed there.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Well guys .... I did vote No. 500 on Allcoin  Wink
legendary
I'm thinking it might be an idea with the Scottish Independence vote coming, - GBC could be a symbol of unity and the unionist side of the debate.  Could get GBC more of a profile and media attention.  I really think we should do this.  GBC - a 21st century currency for a 21st century Britain.
Pages:
Jump to: