Pages:
Author

Topic: [GBYTE] Byteball Speculation - page 21. (Read 41889 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
June 12, 2017, 04:14:20 AM
How many Bytes equal to one Byteball I'm so confused as to how to count this coin. And blackbytes? how do they work and are they the same currency as byteball? Thanks, guys!

There is no such thing as one Byteball ...
Byteball refers to the whole technologie/DAG/app/software. Byteball comes with two built-in assets/currencies, bytes and blackbytes. What you can find traded on exchanges is GBYTE which is GigaByte which is 1 000 000 000 byte.
Blackbyte is a private untraceable asset.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
June 12, 2017, 12:39:59 AM
How many Bytes equal to one Byteball I'm so confused as to how to count this coin. And blackbytes? how do they work and are they the same currency as byteball? Thanks, guys!
You must read the previous post to get a correct answer for your question. The blackbytes is different with byteball. The blackbytes just useless coin in my opinion. I think 100M bytes equal with 1gbyte
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 11, 2017, 10:20:54 PM
June 11, 2017, 06:01:05 AM
Ok...thanks...weird....I've not heard more talk on this....I assume when I get around to it I can link more then one wallet in some manner?

You can link as many Bitcoin addresses as you want to the same or to different Byteball addresses (but obviously you can not link the same Bitcoin address to multiple Byteball addresses).

ALSO I assume you this 'snapshot' can be done any time before the next airdrop?

The DAG snapshot happens at a precise time that is announced a bit after the previous round. For the 7th round it will be July 9, 2017 at 04:07 UTC. The BTC blockchain snapshot happens at the first block mined after that.

Guess I'll have to research this more...we are talking real $$$ here Smiley

Yep Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 10, 2017, 06:31:25 PM
kaicrypzen already proved your assumption right. There is another option to get even more. Let's say you take 10% of your Bitcoin amount to invest in Byteball, you will would get 40 GBYTE (10 BTC / around 0,25 BTC = 40 GBYTE). In the next round you get 20% interest on your Byteball balance + 0.065 GBYTE for each linked BTC. In total you would get 8 GBYTE interest and 5.85 GBYTE through your linked BTC what totals 13.85 GBYTE or around $11k

If you want your bitcoin back that's quite the risk. the price rises strongly in the runup and eases off afterwards and it's not the biggest market.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
June 10, 2017, 05:31:51 PM
Sending black bytes is more cumbersome than I thought. You need to pair the two wallets (done by adding 'devices' in the wallet) before black bytes can be send. That is a bit more cumbersome if no QR code can be scanned for this pairing process.
Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
June 10, 2017, 07:20:29 AM
You don't need to send a micro-transaction.
Just sign a message with your byteball adress with all of your BTC private keys.

I would suggest to do that on an offline computer (virtual machine) in a memory only operating system.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 10, 2017, 07:03:20 AM
It is really that easy. I missed the inital distribution... with 100BTC, that would have been a nice profit without doing anything (except signing a few messages with your hardware wallet).

Only annoying thing is I like my paper wallets being virgin...with a micro transaction every month or so from what I can gather to get byteballs it will be annoying

I liked my virgin paper wallets...no way to spend money if they are locked away in a safety deposit box....

Ack! Greed....up to this point was not to excited on playing rotating proofs with my stash for byteballs etc etc

Again will do more research..this is just my impressions off the top of my head

Activity: 515
Merit: 506
Screw It, Let's Do It
June 10, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
It is really that easy. I missed the inital distribution... with 100BTC, that would have been a nice profit without doing anything (except signing a few messages with your hardware wallet).
copper member
Clueless!
June 10, 2017, 06:56:04 AM
hmm...confused as hell how this works....lurking

I have 100 btc.....assuming I dig out the paper wallets to do this .jump thru the hoops and prove such..what is the current price.....my figures can't be right it is like 5,200 usd or some such Huh is what I get?

I suppose dragging out the paper wallets...risking them on a machine..firing up bitcoin QT...doing a private message with public key ..then leaving them on same address to get

byteballs makes sense....but again my price can't be right? and/or is there a limit on how much you can cash out? or something?

flabergasted if my numbers are correct ..in that there is not more HYPE on this if that is the result on bitcointalk or elsewhere

anyway any threads I should go to please lead the way ...befuddled on how this works

later

brad

(be nice if $$$ would fall from the air on this..but not quite buying it yet ...anyone?)

Yep that's it, your numbers are right if we consider the price of 1 GB to be 0.3 BTC. There's no limit on the balance you can link, and since round 2, 1 BTC will give you 0.0625 GB so your 100 BTC will give you 6.25 GB (and blackbytes), and by the way the BTC only has to be on the linked address at snapshot time (and for a few hours after that, just in case). The main thread is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/obyte-totally-new-consensus-algorithm-private-untraceable-payments-1608859.

Ok...thanks...weird....I've not heard more talk on this....I assume when I get around to it I can link more then one wallet in some manner?
ALSO I assume you this 'snapshot' can be done any time before the next airdrop?

Guess I'll have to research this more...we are talking real $$$ here Smiley

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
June 10, 2017, 06:30:30 AM
kaicrypzen already proved your assumption right. There is another option to get even more. Let's say you take 10% of your Bitcoin amount to invest in Byteball, you will would get 40 GBYTE (10 BTC / around 0,25 BTC = 40 GBYTE). In the next round you get 20% interest on your Byteball balance + 0.065 GBYTE for each linked BTC. In total you would get 8 GBYTE interest and 5.85 GBYTE through your linked BTC what totals 13.85 GBYTE or around $11k

I have 100 btc.....assuming I dig out the paper wallets to do this .jump thru the hoops and prove such..what is the current price.....my figures can't be right it is like 5,200 usd or some such Huh is what I get?

I suppose dragging out the paper wallets...risking them on a machine..firing up bitcoin QT...doing a private message with public key ..then leaving them on same address to get

byteballs makes sense....but again my price can't be right? and/or is there a limit on how much you can cash out? or something?

flabergasted if my numbers are correct ..in that there is not more HYPE on this if that is the result on bitcointalk or elsewhere

anyway any threads I should go to please lead the way ...befuddled on how this works

later

brad

(be nice if $$$ would fall from the air on this..but not quite buying it yet ...anyone?)

June 10, 2017, 05:57:25 AM

later

brad

Yep that's it, your numbers are right if we consider the price of 1 GB to be 0.3 BTC. There's no limit on the balance you can link, and since round 2, 1 BTC will give you 0.0625 GB so your 100 BTC will give you 6.25 GB (and blackbytes), and by the way the BTC only has to be on the linked address at snapshot time (and for a few hours after that, just in case). The main thread is https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/obyte-totally-new-consensus-algorithm-private-untraceable-payments-1608859.
copper member
Clueless!
June 10, 2017, 02:27:51 AM

later

brad

Activity: 741
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 09, 2017, 07:00:51 PM
Be prepared! Next Byteball distribution round is today. I expect that Byteball price will be very volatile today and the next days. The big surge was mainly caused by the double payout today and there could be a slight correction.

The dump happened, from above 0.3 to 0.21, but already recovered and now is around 0.26

When will the pre next airdrop pump going to happen?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
June 09, 2017, 05:13:45 PM
Since the max order was 1 GB with 0.2% deposit fee, I threw .998 GB on the "Byte-BTC exchange" bot orderbook at 1.5 BTC/GB. If that trade completes & BTC goes over $2939 USD/BTC (ATH as of now), then I'll be donating the equivalent value in my inventory to charity.

ETA: USD/BTC condition met, with the ATH moving up to $2942 today, 6/10/17.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
June 09, 2017, 05:04:33 AM
Be prepared! Next Byteball distribution round is today. I expect that Byteball price will be very volatile today and the next days. The big surge was mainly caused by the double payout today and there could be a slight correction.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
May 20, 2017, 01:30:27 PM
so can anyone tell me who's been in since the beginning if there's a behavior pattern around the price during the distribution phases? i'm very curious to see what it's gonna do when distribution is complete.

Yes there was always a price raise before the distribution round and then immediate price decline
after distribution round but last time the decline was tiny.
Long term the price is bullish but at the end of whole distribution if whales decide to exit some positions
price could get a correction.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
May 20, 2017, 12:41:28 PM
so can anyone tell me who's been in since the beginning if there's a behavior pattern around the price during the distribution phases? i'm very curious to see what it's gonna do when distribution is complete.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
onore dikeido
May 17, 2017, 07:06:53 AM

What do you think the price will be after the deployment is over (seven months?)

Depends on the tech and adoption that will be behind Byteball then.

If Tony has everything running and it has some real world usage we can hold the current price or go higher.
I think 1000 $/GBYTE will be possible Q2 2018 if everything works out.

If not prepare for an epic dump below 100 $/GBYTE.

lol $100, that's mean i'm losing money  Cheesy
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
May 17, 2017, 04:48:01 AM

What do you think the price will be after the deployment is over (seven months?)

Depends on the tech and adoption that will be behind Byteball then.

If Tony has everything running and it has some real world usage we can hold the current price or go higher.
I think 1000 $/GBYTE will be possible Q2 2018 if everything works out.

If not prepare for an epic dump below 100 $/GBYTE.
Pages:
Jump to: