Pages:
Author

Topic: [GBYTE] Byteball Speculation - page 23. (Read 41889 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
April 14, 2017, 04:40:36 PM
Okay, fair point. I thought about how to do a better distribution, but it is very hard to find an easy to do solution. One possibility would have been a cap of a maximum of X Bitcoins per account, but then the participants would probably spread their Bitcoins over several accounts. It would have been restricted large ICO accounts with 1000+ Bitcoins to participate with the full amount. If you had set the cap at 10 Bitcoins per account, then such ICO accounts would have to distribute and register their Bitcoins to 100 addresses. An effort no one would have accepted.
Another option would be to bind distribution to an official document, such as a driving license or ID card. But this is the worst option in my opinion.

You should explain why the distribution is bad. To be honest, this is one of the best concepts for distributing coins that I have seen so far. Tony has never asked for start-up capital, nobody has ever had to invest  to get free Byeballs if one own Bitcoin.

Tony has also delivered a lot so far and there is always something new. So it would be appropriate to explain your concerns.

I would advise you guys to just clone this and make a proper distribution.

Until now it looks just like one big scam. No need to say more.

I explained upthread why the distribution is bad. It gives first rounders an advandtage several magnitudes higher then everyone coming after. Why?
I though the idea was a fair distribution and that is why they choose to airdrop it for free on btc adresses.
Total fail.

I agree there with you.
One possible option would be just make equal distributions every round.
No extras for people who already have byteballs.

Airdrop it in social communities, etc not only on btc adresses.

I wouldnt be surprised if the dev holds majority of the tokens.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 14, 2017, 03:19:46 PM
Okay, fair point. I thought about how to do a better distribution, but it is very hard to find an easy to do solution. One possibility would have been a cap of a maximum of X Bitcoins per account, but then the participants would probably spread their Bitcoins over several accounts. It would have been restricted large ICO accounts with 1000+ Bitcoins to participate with the full amount. If you had set the cap at 10 Bitcoins per account, then such ICO accounts would have to distribute and register their Bitcoins to 100 addresses. An effort no one would have accepted.
Another option would be to bind distribution to an official document, such as a driving license or ID card. But this is the worst option in my opinion.

You should explain why the distribution is bad. To be honest, this is one of the best concepts for distributing coins that I have seen so far. Tony has never asked for start-up capital, nobody has ever had to invest  to get free Byeballs if one own Bitcoin.

Tony has also delivered a lot so far and there is always something new. So it would be appropriate to explain your concerns.

I explained upthread why the distribution is bad. It gives first rounders an advandtage several magnitudes higher then everyone coming after. Why?
I though the idea was a fair distribution and that is why they choose to airdrop it for free on btc adresses.
Total fail.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 283
Your Data Belongs To You
April 14, 2017, 08:01:20 AM

Gbyte is listed on bittrex today  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
April 13, 2017, 05:03:56 PM

As you can see I am a beginner, I do not realize what is the impact this could have on the prices if Gbyte was soon listed on polo or bittrex ?

to added in major exchanger polo or bittrex i think still wait to distribution byteball coin is finish
11th , aprl 2017, byteball coin distribution airdroop round 4
Your Data Belongs To You
April 13, 2017, 03:41:26 PM

As you can see I am a beginner, I do not realize what is the impact this could have on the prices if Gbyte was soon listed on polo or bittrex ?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 13, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
EVERYONE WANT POLO... F$%&# POLO MANIPULASHUN, LIQUIDIDY MEAN COIN CRASH TOO....
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
April 13, 2017, 06:36:44 AM

When will gbyte be listed on a liquid exchange ?

Apparently, Bittrex has the gbyte wallet under maintenance atm. Didn't check for myself yet, so just rumors. If it's true, it still might take a few days of testing, before trading goes life. In any case, there would be a liquid exchange. Anxious to see, what this does with the price.
Your Data Belongs To You
April 13, 2017, 05:08:23 AM

When will gbyte be listed on a liquid exchange ?
tyz
legendary
April 11, 2017, 02:01:51 PM
Main reason is because GBytes is not listed on a liquid exchange yet. On less volume exchanges like cryptox.pl such spreads are not that rarely. On big exchanges, trading bots would close this hugh spread.

Why the rate is now

You can:
buy bytes at 0.0918 BTC/GB
sell bytes at 0.0431 BTC/GB
or set your price.

Last week it was 0,07..(to buy) and 0,05.. (To sell)

The gap increases between buying and selling ... but why ??

Activity: 774
Merit: 503
April 11, 2017, 02:16:56 AM

Why the rate is now

You can:
or set your price.

That's how trading works, traders will always want to buy bytes at a cheaper price whenever possible. If you are a seller and you think the buy price is too small then don't dump your bytes. This is like buying stock in the real world. Buying cheapest bytes if you want the biggest gain.
Your Data Belongs To You
April 10, 2017, 05:19:22 PM

Why the rate is now

You can:
or set your price.

tyz
legendary
April 10, 2017, 02:18:30 PM
Read this or the main thread carefully. There are a lot of posts covering this question. All distributions will be conducted on full moon. Here is a calendar with all dates http://www.moongiant.com/Full_Moon_New_Moon_Calendar.php

Next full moon is on 11th April at 6:08 UTC

By the way, I added the explaination about the distribution to the opening thread.

In the first round only 10% were distributed. I think you're considering the hypothesis that no one sells their holdings, including new stakes, for the next rounds, very unlikely, but it makes sense.

when do the other distributions start? have devs said antyhing about this?

anyway, does anyone know what exchanges gbyte was on before it went on cryptopia?
Activity: 247
Merit: 113
Maniac
April 10, 2017, 12:34:21 PM
Sure, in the main topic - tomorrow at 09:08 AM.

Looks like many people now bying it on Cryptox.pl to have more GBYTE to get more GB/GBB - the price is close to 0.07 BTC for GBYTE all the week before.

Probably it will fall again after distribution, like last time, until 0.03 BTC/GBYTE.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
-09-
April 10, 2017, 08:01:20 AM

anyway, does anyone know what exchanges gbyte was on before it went on cryptopia?

nvm ignore that, it was cryptox.pl
Activity: 75
-09-
April 10, 2017, 08:00:35 AM

In the first round only 10% were distributed. I think you're considering the hypothesis that no one sells their holdings, including new stakes, for the next rounds, very unlikely, but it makes sense.

Activity: 30
April 08, 2017, 10:11:54 PM

Total fail.
I saw a post in which Tony justifies such a change. I do not know exactly where this is, but I believe that the rate of return through Bitcoin holdings has decreased to maximize the gains of those holding Byteball in the coming rounds, and thereby encourage holding.
This also diminishes the great advantage the ICOs have over other participants. This probably brings a better balance to the profit potential on both sides.

This just concentrates all tokens in the hand of the few first rounder whale(s).
Like 70-80%.
Not sure about the exact number anymore. But thats the mangnitude we are talking about.
legendary
April 08, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Total fail.
I saw a post in which Tony justifies such a change. I do not know exactly where this is, but I believe that the rate of return through Bitcoin holdings has decreased to maximize the gains of those holding Byteball in the coming rounds, and thereby encourage holding.
This also diminishes the great advantage the ICOs have over other participants. This probably brings a better balance to the profit potential on both sides.

This just concentrates all tokens in the hand of the few first rounder whale(s).
Like 70-80%.
Not sure about the exact number anymore. But thats the mangnitude we are talking about.
Activity: 30
April 08, 2017, 08:26:55 PM

Total fail.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2017, 05:41:57 PM
Low distribution nothing to see come back in a year
legendary
April 08, 2017, 02:05:38 PM

Total fail.
Pages:
Jump to: