Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 14. (Read 177093 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi guys,
         Please tell me the meaning of AMU 0: Share above target
I get that message quite a lot in cgminer. Image attached.

Thanks.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/4360/rp8Kn3.png
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
Three 2Pacs and a terminus running on 4.11.1.  Looks OK here. TY vh & ch.
Is anyone else getting this?

cgminer version 4.11.1 - Started: [1969-12-31 19:01:18.078]

My rpi date&time are set correctly and V4.10.0 reported it correctly. The messed up date doesn't seem to be affecting hash rate or share acceptance though, so may not be a big deal, just looks odd.
This is normal behavior for the RPi. It does not have a RTC and must therefore pull the current time from a NTP server. Applications that start before the NTP server is polled will show a time/date stamp consistent with your experience.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Even though that's literally the most common problem anyone ever has, this is getting to be a pretty long thread and isn't as searchable as one might hope.

Increase the voltage slightly and try again.

Hi, well i do that and after several ( a lot  Shocked Roll Eyes) attempts the gekko start working. Thanks   Grin
Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Is anyone else getting this?

cgminer version 4.11.1 - Started: [1969-12-31 19:01:18.078]

My rpi date&time are set correctly and V4.10.0 reported it correctly. The messed up date doesn't seem to be affecting hash rate or share acceptance though, so may not be a big deal, just looks odd.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Even though that's literally the most common problem anyone ever has, this is getting to be a pretty long thread and isn't as searchable as one might hope.

Increase the voltage slightly and try again.
Activity: 25
Merit: 1
Hi there, i recently get 3 gekko 2 pac, 2 of them are working good whether i connect them to pc or raspb. Got some powered hubs also. Unfortunately the third don´t start even if i plug him solo on hub. Its shows it, at ´list all  know devices´ and keep showing “USB init, open device failed” and “you don’t have privilege to access.
Looking to voltage its shows a big diference from the other 2.
it shows  : 0.49 in the last asic voltage, 0.77 the other with a total of 1.26 of total string. Dont know what to do, do you thing its broke ?
Dont know if it because hub, but i have 1 gekko and 2 antminer u2 at some time and ok, or do u think i need 2 amps?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hi guys,
           I recently purchased a GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384 Stickminer from ebay. I configured it to work with ckpool and cgminer. It worked perfectly. But since yesterday I get the following messages.

No devices detected!
Waiting for usb hotplug devices...

the device is detected by windows..

Please help me to figure out the problem..

Thank you.

A couple of items to try:
        1) reinstall the zadig driver: start zadig -> options -> list all devices -> select the 2Pac -> reinstall
        2) restart your machine.
        3) remove the extension cable.
        4) run in verbose/debug and read through the logs for hints.
        5) try on a different machine (ideally linux based) to confirm the usb miner is healthy.

Thanks vh. I will check and let you know.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Hi guys,
           I recently purchased a GekkoScience 2Pac BM1384 Stickminer from ebay. I configured it to work with ckpool and cgminer. It worked perfectly. But since yesterday I get the following messages.

No devices detected!

Thank you.

A couple of items to try:
        1) reinstall the zadig driver: start zadig -> options -> list all devices -> select the 2Pac -> reinstall
        2) restart your machine.
        3) remove the extension cable.
        4) run in verbose/debug and read through the logs for hints.
        5) try on a different machine (ideally linux based) to confirm the usb miner is healthy.
Hi guys,

No devices detected!

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/3306/Tx0QPR.png
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/6743/Y3Lvjz.png

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/8021/speIE0.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/9499/u6Tv4d.png

Thank you.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
I spotted an updated version of cgminer upstream.  

Pulled in those changes with some outstanding local updates.

No need to rush to install this update (abe37de).

Windows build:
http://23.108.83.14/images/cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-abe37de.7z

Notes:

Merged in upstream cgminer 4.11.1
- ready for the latest in pooling technology and hardware.

Added some miscellaneous items for future device support.

Slight improved performance on multiple devices off one cgminer instance.
- tweaked work tread priority.
- stopped retrying on non responsive chips.

Threw in a sample windows .bat file for those still lingering on that platform.

for the linux side:

rename cgminer folder -> clone (see first post) -> autogen -> make
or
pull -> make clean -> autogen -> make

* if you have trouble, move back to last running version.  you made a copy of it right?

Activity: 78
Merit: 7
anyone has also issue with using multiple stick on a usb port not working?

Yes, that is common issue. A pair of more of these will easily pull more power than most common hubs can supply. Even a single stick can exceed the capacities of many hubs if the voltage and frequency are increased much.

There's an entire thread dedicated to hubs that work well with these:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/now-that-usb-sticks-are-being-sold-by-sidehack-here-is-a-new-usb-hub-thread-1779423

Good luck, and happy hashing!
Activity: 31
anyone has also issue with using multiple stick on a usb port not working?
Activity: 13
What would be a good replacement USB hub for the RPi over the Superbpag?
Mine died, and you can't get those anymore.
Preferably something that can handle up to 5 sticks.
legendary
Links are in the first post, in the same vicinity as the build instructions.
Activity: 2
I'm about halfway through building from what was listed on page 1 here would that cause an issue with the already built builds? also where can I download those?
legendary
Before building for Windows, I'd suggest downloading one of the already-built builds.
I'm trying to set this up but https://curl.haxx.se/gknw.net/rm/7.33.0/dist-w32/curl-7.33.0-devel-mingw32.zip is a dead link and curl's download page has curl-7.33.0.zip but not any of this -devel-mingw32 and I can't seem to find it anywhere
Hi guys, I recently got a rpi 3b+ and a Gekko 2pac, I have a few questions.

After setting up I started mining LCC on magnificent pool but without fail one of 2 things happens, either the heatsink heats up excessively to the point where I can't hold my finger on it for 2 seconds at 10 - 11 GH/s or it stays cool but only reaches 400 - 500 MH/s. How do I solve both of these?

The potentiometer, why is there no solid documentation on how it works? How does it work?

On cgminer, I don't have the Panel with USB management and all other options, how do I get this?
legendary
If it's an altcoin, you might be better off asking in the altcoins section. This is more likely a software thing than hardware.
Pages:
Jump to: