Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 44. (Read 177300 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 0
do 80+ watt usb hubs exist? I have looked and cannot find one.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Unplugging and re-plugging the 2pacs in the hub is annoying, just to get them to mine. I won't be buying anymore 2pacs.
I accidently told you, if they go zombie, to turn up the voltage. That was wrong. That should be a power issue. I had the same problem with my two 2Pacs in a 30 W hub. I wanted to turn them up to 300 MHz. Of course they got HW errors. So I needed to turn up the voltage until the HW errors stopped inceasing. I did that for every stick alone in the hub. But then, when I turned on the hub, one ran and one went zombie. Then I could plug it out an in into the same port or another. One of them always went zombie.
So what you shoul do is to decide for a frequency, e.g. 200 MHz. Then put one stick alone into the hub. If you get HW errors, turn up the voltage until it stops increasing. If there are no HW errors, turn the voltage down until they start increasing. If they do, turn the voltage back up until it stops again.
The goal is to set the voltage high enough to get no HW errors and low enough to save power.
When you got all sticks set up this way (always one alone in the hub) you can put them in one after another. When you reach the point that one goes zombie, that´s the limit your hub can provide. Then you can buy another hub or repeat this procedure with a lower frequency.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'm gonna guess the stick somehow got lost and defaulted to 200MHz. If you want that speed again, just tell it to run 200MHz in your command line.
Activity: 2
Hello!
I'm using a 2PAC base settings. Yesterday, instead of the usual ~ 10GH instead of ~ 20GH. How can I increase this again?
http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/images/hdd1/2018/01/18/479_20GH.png
Unplugging and re-plugging the 2pacs in the hub is annoying, just to get them to mine. I won't be buying anymore 2pacs.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
Only way to resurrect is a power cycle. Unless you want to start modifying the hardware.

Thanks for the response. I'm adventurous, but I think I may pass on the hardware mods. I'm pushing my luck by thinking about slitting the USB cables and running 5v directly to the little buggers. I wouldn't know where to start with the hardware mods.
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
Since it's rated @ 36 watts, it SHOULD support 3 sticks.
Not if you want to overclock. 1 stick at about 250 MHz with optimal voltage setting needs about 15 W.
But if you want to overclock, just buy another one.

Good point, and I should have mentioned that.

I have an old hub I'm thinking about modding to supply 5V, 3A to each port.  It probably won't be pretty. Grin
According to the charts, 250MHz optimal should run more like 10W.
15 W was my measuring. By turning up the voltage any more, one stick zombied. And I had two sticks in a 30 W hub.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
According to the charts, 250MHz optimal should run more like 10W.

Only way to resurrect is a power cycle. Unless you want to start modifying the hardware.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
Sometimes my little 2pac miners at home zombify while I'm at work. Three 2pacs are connected to a Plugable 7 port 60w USB2.0 hub (ports 2, 4, and 6) with a couple fans on an Ubuntu 16.04 system. I've found a couple scripts that will reset USB ports, and used them, as well as the USB commands in cgminer, but can't get them zombies to come back to life remotely. Is there a way to resurrect zombie 2pacs remotely, or do I need to physically remove and reinsert them?

Thanks.
Not if you want to overclock. 1 stick at about 250 MHz with optimal voltage setting needs about 15 W.
But if you want to overclock, just buy another one.
Activity: 231
Should be ok as long as it is powered, I prefer anker usb hubs.

yes i know it must be powered this one has a 12volt input so itought this one would be oke , i cant buy a anker here in the Netherlands ....i think

its a 12volt 3 amp

ah oke thanks for telling me ;-) realy appreciated !
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig

yes i know it must be powered this one has a 12volt input so itought this one would be oke , i cant buy a anker here in the Netherlands ....i think

its a 12volt 3 amp

its a 12volt 3 amp
guys just new to this and bought one 2 pac latetst version ,

and i am wondering if this hub is oke for use with the 2 pac usb miner :

http://www.raidsonic.de/products/external_cases/mm_cardreader/index_en.php?we_objectID=771

thanks in advanced
These 2pacs are really temperamental,  When they go zombie I change the port on the hub and they work again for awhile and then again become zombie. I've . tested them from 100 -300 MHZ and ca't figure out the optimal settings. Seems to be impossible to get all seven 2pacs working at the same time.
I had 2 2Pacs on a 30 W hub and 250 MHz was the limit to go.
I have three 2pacs on a 60 watt powered anker hub, can I add more?
Activity: 16
White light means you've probably got a chip that shot craps.

ok, is there anything to do ?
Pages:
Jump to: