Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 73. (Read 177300 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
... Yes, of course they are 5V. That is the voltage spec for USB devices...
What matter is how much current PER-PORT the hub will provide. You want to have at least 2A (2000ma) per-port to run a 2PAC at nice speeds. As a general search, look for 'Charging hubs' made to power tablets and such.

Um there is a thread not to far away specifically about powered hubs and 2PAC's...

edit: Ok, so the thread was 3 pages in so   here is 2PAC powerd hub thread.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Could be because that's not a real flag. Read the first post.

any ideas on my problem? the -p was a typeo on my side, when you posted first.... i always put a -p x since none of the pools require a password..... again i have tried 4 pools no connection.

also just for testing purposes I will set it to 150 and not push it to 200, but it is on a dedicated POWERED 2.0 USB strip

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051PGX2I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - I  AM NOT ADVERTISING THIS ITEM I AM MERELY SHOWING WHAT MY HARDWARE IS

That hub may have a lot of ports and lights and switches, but the specs say it will only provide a max of 250 Milliamps per port and a max of 2A total.  That's not going to power anything if correct
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If the command line's right but you're not connecting to the pool, I'd guess it's an issue with the port being blocked. Most pools will have a port 80 option of one kind or another, see if that works for you.
legendary
Could be because that's not a real flag. Read the first post.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
I am getting "--gekko-comp-freq: unreconized option  any ideas?
legendary
Hence why I mentioned it two days ago.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
The pool never connected to the miner. You must include a password for the miner, -p 123 is the most common. without something you will not receive a connection.
legendary
Give us a readout of the exact messages cgminer is giving you.
legendary
Is the -p parameter optional?

Can you ping pool.ckpool.org from your controller?
legendary
Well your first problem is terminology. There are no GPUs anywhere near the stick.

Running 200MHz will require increasing the core voltage, and running on a USB port capable of pushing at least about 7.5 watts - that's 1.5 amps.

Without knowing your command line configuration (see the first post for examples) there's no way to know what's wrong with your connecting to a pool.
legendary
Seems more likely than the stick dying and coming back to life. That's why everyone recommends using a powered hub instead of plugging directly into a computer port.
Activity: 20
i can try to find one, you think i've ruined the output of the usb?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
yeah dude, it has a usb fan on it all the time

Perhaps the magical smoke has escaped. 
Do you have access to a USB volt meter, little shaver?
yeah dude, it has a usb fan on it all the time
legendary
Is it staying adequately cool?
so i plugged it into a different usb port, and it was recognized so i used zadig again and it worked. Tried to turn it back on this morning, and it's not working again. The usb ports still work for everything else.

I've even uninstalled the gekkoscience drivers from my pc, to reinstall them, but it doesn't work. I'm using the cgminer from this thread

Thanks for all the help so far guys.
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
guys, it still isn't recognizing mine. It worked before, but now it keeps saying no devices detected, even when i started from the beginning again. My usb port still works, as i've plugged different things into it. Anyone have any advise for me?

Try to re-run the zadig USB drivers. See if the devices show up there.

Make sure you're using the cgminer from this thread and not another version.
guys, it still isn't recognizing mine. It worked before, but now it keeps saying no devices detected, even when i started from the beginning again. My usb port still works, as i've plugged different things into it. Anyone have any advise for me?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
So you're trying to compile it for Windows and then run it on the Linux build for a Pi, instead of compiling the Linux build on the Pi?

No no, my friend. Smiley
I just wanted to do this windows thing to see it works.
legendary
So you're trying to compile it for Windows and then run it on the Linux build for a Pi, instead of compiling the Linux build on the Pi?
Pages:
Jump to: