Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 7. (Read 267691 times)

Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
hey sidehack how is the warrenty work going ?
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Save the past & use the future ©

Hi gt_addict,
short question, what do you think, should I keep your Gekko at Gekkorun, will you join soon the race?
Or should I remove your racer from the DB?

Thanks & Cheers,
andY

Hi Andy,

Remove it for now please. Thanks  Smiley
Hi gt_addict,

thanks for your response, so I´ll remove it.
But if you wants to join the race again (e.g. with a 2PAC), don´t hesitate Wink.

Cheers,
andY
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
VCore of zero could be the ASIC is shorted and killing power, or the buck chip has a problem. If it starts up with almost no initial current it's more likely the buck chip, but if it pulls a spike of high current when first plugged in and then drops to near zero points to the ASIC.

As Sidehack says, either ASIC shorted or buck not starting up. Somewhat surprised that would cause the cp2102 to not come up, though. If you can, with it disconnected, check if the pot is okay and if the fet is showing a dead-short.

PM sent, but if you don't manage to fix it, very interested in paying you what it cost you Smiley

Cheers,

Allan.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. When i get some time ill get the multimeter out and take a look if i cant then i may well take allan up on his offer.
Hi gt_addict,
short question, what do you think, should I keep your Gekko at Gekkorun, will you join soon the race?

Thanks & Cheers,
andY

Hi Andy,

Remove it for now please. Thanks  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I'm mining at kano.is, although it seems this isn't the best to use with lower powered miners.
No it isn't. Most pools are expecting miners that are THs+ and their minimum diff's reflect that.
Use solo.ckpool.org as the name implies it is a lottery solo pool however it accepts ALL speed miners esp. sticks.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Try 150 or 100. Usually if you try to use the Gekkos at too high power consumption they'll just run albeit at very slow rates. You'll need either a better USB hub or a Y-shaped USB splitter. I use one in place of a hub and I pop one onto my PC for data transfer and the other onto a wall socket and I have steady and stable hashing with fans on the 2pac. Cheap and effective.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If you have a question with the 2Pac, look for answers in the 2Pac thread. It's also got power charts that tell you how much current you'd expect to draw at various frequencies. 1A is nowhere near sufficient for 200MHz.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I have one of the new 2xBM1384 miners.

Using cgminer (it appears there as one AMU GS-10008) I don't seem to be getting anything above 530Mh/s or so. I increased the Vsupply to something around 0.7V (no multimelter, just turned it clockwise but not all the way).

I've tried frequencies 200 - 350MHz, none seem to give much higher hashrate. My USB hub is only rated at 1A, I suppose the problem is I need higher current supply?

I'm mining at kano.is, although it seems this isn't the best to use with lower powered miners.
VCore of zero could be the ASIC is shorted and killing power, or the buck chip has a problem. If it starts up with almost no initial current it's more likely the buck chip, but if it pulls a spike of high current when first plugged in and then drops to near zero points to the ASIC.

As Sidehack says, either ASIC shorted or buck not starting up. Somewhat surprised that would cause the cp2102 to not come up, though. If you can, with it disconnected, check if the pot is okay and if the fet is showing a dead-short.

PM sent, but if you don't manage to fix it, very interested in paying you what it cost you Smiley

Cheers,

Allan.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. When i get some time ill get the multimeter out and take a look if i cant then i may well take allan up on his offer.
Hi gt_addict,

Thanks & Cheers,
andY

Cheers,

Allan.

Activity: 56
I have a dead green gekko sitting on my desk with the heatsink removed (so I could check for any signs of damage, which there were none). I bought it broken just so I could use the heatsink as a guide for a possible larger heatsink to encompass more gekkos but gave up on that idea.

The green light comes on but it doesn't get recognised in cgminer at all. Not even the "libusb_error_not_found" message. I get the following readings from it:-

Vcore- 0
1v8- 1.8v
0v9- 0.9v
Reset- 1.77v

I've checked all the resistors I can and all seem fine, only thing I can say is its probably the asic itself. Free to a good home (if you can cover shipping from the UK).

Or if anyone has any idea on what else could be causing trouble I could have a go at fixing it myself.

Cheers,

Allan.
very cool man thanks for the update on that just let me know when i need to come by sir
legendary
Gonna be juggling the warranty pile into this week's tasks.
hey side hack any idea when your going to work on warrenty work ? hopin soon so i can get those sticks up and going
legendary
I have a dead green gekko sitting on my desk with the heatsink removed (so I could check for any signs of damage, which there were none). I bought it broken just so I could use the heatsink as a guide for a possible larger heatsink to encompass more gekkos but gave up on that idea.

The green light comes on but it doesn't get recognised in cgminer at all. Not even the "libusb_error_not_found" message. I get the following readings from it:-

Vcore- 0
1v8- 1.8v
0v9- 0.9v
Reset- 1.77v

I've checked all the resistors I can and all seem fine, only thing I can say is its probably the asic itself. Free to a good home (if you can cover shipping from the UK).

Or if anyone has any idea on what else could be causing trouble I could have a go at fixing it myself.
Hi community,

Finally Gekkorun v2.0 is online now Cool!

-> Jump to: Gekkorun v2.0

Like already announced, all planned maintenance this weekend (merge/move/remove all users from antrun.de to gekkorun.de
update and open the Race now for sidehack´s GekkoScience 2Pack as well as sidehack´s coming soon Bitfury-Asic based miners)
is finally done!

Please note:
antrun.de will not be supported anymore!

So please every new (or returning) members, wants to join our community, have to registrate here:

¤¤¤¤ gekkorun.de - Gekkoscience Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤ (Intl. Thread)

or here:
gekkorun.de - Gekkoscience Run - compare your share - German Support (German Thread)

If any questions, don´t hesitate and feel free to ask me Wink.

Cheers and have fun!
andY

!!! Important Information about our Fun-Run site!!!

Hi@all Gekko Compac, Antrouter R1, brandnew Gekkos 2Pac and
coming soon Bitfury miner (sidehack version) lovers.... Smiley

Like already announce a couple of days before in our Gekkorun/Antrun Threads,
we´ll merge the antrun.de and the gekkorun.de websites to one single site:

-> www.gekkorun.de

All named miners above will be welcome than Smiley!

Things, that we´ve planned to do:

1. Moving all ACTIVE Antrun-Members to gekkorun.de (except all (long term) INACTIVE Antrun-Members!)

2. Rename all Active Antrunner, e.g like this:
   Before: andymanone 1 , andymanone 2, andymanone 3
   After: andymanone ANTR1 , andymanone ANTR2, andymanone ANTR3

3. Removing all (long term) INACTIVE Gekkorun-Members

4. Rename all active Gekko-Runners to get a clear distinction between all miners
   e.g. like this:
  Before: Mikestang
   After: Mikestang G1

5. open the Race finally for all new Gekkoscience 2Pac Miners and the coming soon Bitfury Miners from sidehack

This work is planned for the coming soon weekend (03/18/17 - 03/19/17).

If there is anyone with a Offline ANT R1 or a Gekko, but is interested in coming back online,
so please leave me a mesage and I will bear that in mind.

Newcomers, who are interested in and wants to join our Fun-Run, can registrate here:

¤¤¤¤ gekkorun.de - Gekkoscience Fun-Run - compare your share ¤¤¤¤

Please leave there the following informations:

Please check first:
Point the Miner to CK Solo Pool -> http://solo.ckpool.org/
(If you have more than one: please use one worker per "Mining unit" and submit all workers seperated)

1. Username and which kind of Miner: e.g. Funuser G1 (for Gekko Compac)
2. Country Code (where do you come from)
3. Your BTC_worker address/addresses  
   e.g.:
- 1myR1enMf4roWGUyYuhWv5m6sJrLeZ1jX_G1
- 1myR1enMf4roWGUyYuhWv5m6sJrLeZ1jX_G2
- 1myR1enMf4roWGUyYuhWv5m6sJrLeZ1jX_G3

Finally some words:
It´s primary a fun race for all enthusiasts of course Smiley, but the following rules also apply soon:

1. Only one of the listed miners are allowed (Antrouter R1, Gekkoscience Compac, Gekkoscience 2PAC, Bitfury (Stick)-Miner (sidehack version))
2. Only one physical miner @ one worker address
3. Tuning is accepted Wink

Thanks & Cheers,
andY
hoping to hear back from sidehack sometime soon about the 2 sticks i have at his place to be repaired
Activity: 5
So if you've got a Compac with issues now's a good time to ask about repairs.

Hi Sidehack,

I've PM'd you a couple of times back in Feb regarding repairs?
Could you check your inbox and respond when you have a spare 5 sec?

Thanks heaps.

Chooka
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Unless there's something I don't know about, BFG doesn't support the 2Pac. Also this is not the 2Pac support thread.
Correct on both counts.

Just fer shitzengrinz since I was using BFG to run the Compac tried it and of course no-go since the 2PAC uses a different driver. Ya gotta bug Luke Jr. if there is ever to a 2PAC driver in BFG.
Pages:
Jump to: