Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 8. (Read 267691 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Unless there's something I don't know about, BFG doesn't support the 2Pac. Also this is not the 2Pac support thread.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
okay, so I am new at mining, somewhat a hobby miner I suppose.  I am using Bfgminer 5.4.2 0and I have a Gekko 2 Pac, I am trying to get it set up and I am having huge issues.  When I go to add the device it shows up after selecting auto as OCL.  At this point I am truly not sure what setting are active and I truly need someone who would have the time and doesn't mind stepping me through it, if I can get any takers.   

bfgminer version 5.4.2 - Started: [2017-03-07 19:06:04] - [  0 days 00:06:18]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options                                               [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pool 3: us.ss.btc.com       Diff:64  +Strtm  LU:[19:12:19]  User:wjvantw
 Block #456236: ...26fe4b57  Diff:461G ( 3.30Eh)  Started: [19:11:00]  I: 0.00 BTC/hr
 ST:3  F:0  NB:3  AS:0  BW:[ 73/  5 B/s]  E:0.00  BS:0
 0      68.0C |   8.6/  5.5/  0.0kh/s | A:0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 OCL 0: 68.0C |   8.8/  8.4/  0.0kh/s | A:0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select processor to manage using up/down arrow keys
 OCL 0: 69.0C |   0.0/  0.0/  0.0 h/s | A:0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
I:d-2.14748e+009 E:266MHz M:800MHz V:0.000V A:0% P:0%
Last initialised: [2017-03-07 19:08:09]
Thread 0: 0.0 Kh/s Enabled ALIVE

[D]isable ntensity [R]estart GPU [C]hange settings
[Slash] Find processor  [Plus] Add device(s)  [Enter] Close device manager
Device scan succeeded

Activity: 30
Hey, just found out about that stick. I was thinking about buying an old Antminer S5 from a friend for 125 bucks but from what I read these tiny little sticks performs pretty fast? I read between 8-15 G/h. Where's the catch?

What do you mine with these and how much of it do you mine daily/monthly? Thanks!
Activity: 17
dude i like that man send me the icon if you can or link me

the .devicemetadata-ms file is here

https://ufile.io/89d31

The compliant icon file is here
https://ufile.io/66f5d

Suh-weeeet!  Nicely done.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Hey Im trying to be ready for when I receive my 2pac and when I try to run cgminer I get err(0): Libusb_success and my 2 original compac goes off ? Any idea ?
Activity: 123
Merit: 17

the .devicemetadata-ms file is here

https://ufile.io/89d31

The compliant icon file is here
https://ufile.io/66f5d

Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Activity: 123
Merit: 17
I made an icon for windows 7 devices if anyone is entertained.  Cheesy

legendary
I'm always looking for BM1384. Got a good stash coming but not for a couple weeks. Several smaller sources have chipped in and I'll have enough next week to keep me busy next week, get partly caught up. I'm still ironing out some processes, got a reflow oven to rebuild and whatnot, but it's looking a lot smoother.

I spent most of this week doing design work, partly because I ran out of ASICs and then the bitshopper stick fiasco. So Saturday through noon today was doing layout work fixing bitshopper sticks, working on the new USB hub and about a day and a half on the new project which I'm actually really excited about. Should have prototype PCBs in a couple weeks, same time as the new hubs, to test out.

In the meantime I'll probably use time to work on Bitfury stuff, BW sticks, get to my warranty pile, and some PSU boards. So if you've got a Compac with issues now's a good time to ask about repairs.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
If you decide you want it looked at, let me know and we can probably work something out. I've got a small stack of warranty work I'm passively avoiding but I can always add enough to it to convince me it needs to be taken care of.

Regarding 2Pacs, I'm planning on a second batch. Also I have some bitshopper "seconds" I'm wanting to get rid of, since I had already assembled some before I realized the PCB had issues. Now I've got to either strip 'em for parts or finish and liquidate.

Also, I've got another interesting project in the works to replace the Biggie pod since that's been shelved. That's all you get though, no real news just a teaser.
Dangit sidehack, you've got to keep everything hidden Sad
Assuming it's because of a lack of chips? I know you were looking for BM1384s recently. Hope it'll be something good... Still hyped for Bitfury gear though ^^
legendary
If you decide you want it looked at, let me know and we can probably work something out. I've got a small stack of warranty work I'm passively avoiding but I can always add enough to it to convince me it needs to be taken care of.

Regarding 2Pacs, I'm planning on a second batch. Also I have some bitshopper "seconds" I'm wanting to get rid of, since I had already assembled some before I realized the PCB had issues. Now I've got to either strip 'em for parts or finish and liquidate.

Also, I've got another interesting project in the works to replace the Biggie pod since that's been shelved. That's all you get though, no real news just a teaser.
The buzz probably means your regulator's pushing high current. If the chip heats up, it's more likely the chip than a capacitor. Or something's jacked up with the regulator and it's pushing high voltage, resulting in high heat, but it somehow bottomed out in your hub and turned off the buck hence why no Vcore measurement.

Thanks, sidehack.

I bet it's the regulator, as in the hub it doesn't heat up but sometimes flashes purple for a sec and posts a few HW errors, but directly in the tower USB 3.0 port, it begins to heat immediately.  I may use this stick to eff around with and build skills.  I've only ever frankenstein'd basses and guitars and a couple of A/D audio convertor boxes, so this will be a much smaller/finer challenge.  My (3) compacs are at ~50 GH/s so I'm not cryin'.  Chalk it up to experience.  Maybe a 2PAC in the future once you catch up (or BMJ for double price, lol)

Thanks, sidehack.  You're doing the lord's work (says the atheist, lol)!  But seriously, rock on!
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
side hack is those 2 compac's i dropped off dead ? or do you think you can revive them sir
legendary
The buzz probably means your regulator's pushing high current. If the chip heats up, it's more likely the chip than a capacitor. Or something's jacked up with the regulator and it's pushing high voltage, resulting in high heat, but it somehow bottomed out in your hub and turned off the buck hence why no Vcore measurement.
So the good news:

Got 3 of my 4 Compacs cranking steadily and stably at 300MHz.

The bad news:

Yeah - just 3.  One of them zombied out.  I would just figure I killed it, but if I fiddle with the voltage, it will catch low GH's but then degrade to MH's and eventually zombie out again.  But most of the time it won't hash.

Also, when I plug into the hub I don't get the nice little Win10 sound.  Doesn't matter which port in the hub or if it's by itself or not, so it's not the hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I even scaled back the power and clocks to 275MHz.  Still the same.  When I plug straight into a USB port in my PC tower, it DOES make the Win10 chime, but still doesn't try to hash.

Any advice - or is prolly fried?

Thanks all!

A few questions.
  • How are you cooling your mining sticks?
  • with 300MHz clock speed, what is vCore voltage reading?

Also a suggestion.

**EDIT**  Tried it by itself again, and at 150MHz.  Recognized through the hub (w/Win10 chime), but still zombie.  HOWEVER, listening closely I now hear a faint high pitched buzz which leads me to believe that there is something amiss with a capacitor or something.  Back up and running with my other (3) Compacs without issue at 300MHz.

Hey, murasame2003.

Pic of my setup:  https://i.imgur.com/eaDaL0o.jpg.  Plenty of fan cooling with zero HW errors since yesterday's post for the three Compacs running between 16.49 and 16.54GH/s each.

Also using cgminer 4.10.0.

Voltages running in the high 0.6's.  Voltmeter not even responding on the zombie.  However, when I plug directly into one of my tower's 3.0 ports, I get the Win10 chime but with no cgminer recognition and the chip starts to heat up immediately (removed after less than 10 sec).  I even removed the heatsink to check the seating of the chip wasn't loose.  Thinking a capacitor or somesuch is blown, but can't tell even with magnification.
Activity: 42
So the good news:

The bad news:

Yeah - just 3.  One of them zombied out.  I would just figure I killed it, but if I fiddle with the voltage, it will catch low GH's but then degrade to MH's and eventually zombie out again.  But most of the time it won't hash.

Also, when I plug into the hub I don't get the nice little Win10 sound.  Doesn't matter which port in the hub or if it's by itself or not, so it's not the hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I even scaled back the power and clocks to 275MHz.  Still the same.  When I plug straight into a USB port in my PC tower, it DOES make the Win10 chime, but still doesn't try to hash.

Thanks all!

A few questions.
  • How are you cooling your mining sticks?
  • with 300MHz clock speed, what is vCore voltage reading?

Also a suggestion.

So the good news:

The bad news:

Yeah - just 3.  One of them zombied out.  I would just figure I killed it, but if I fiddle with the voltage, it will catch low GH's but then degrade to MH's and eventually zombie out again.  But most of the time it won't hash.

Also, when I plug into the hub I don't get the nice little Win10 sound.  Doesn't matter which port in the hub or if it's by itself or not, so it's not the hub (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I even scaled back the power and clocks to 275MHz.  Still the same.  When I plug straight into a USB port in my PC tower, it DOES make the Win10 chime, but still doesn't try to hash.

Thanks all!
My Compac runs @ 312.5MHz with 1 HW error maybe every 2 days. Decent USB charging hub that is supposed to provide up to 2.5A per-port groups, 7 ports for total of 60W. It's also feeds 2x of Sidehack's (Gekko)  2PAC sticks Smiley

Yes, even with a fan blowing on them they are quite warm but then again, seems mining ASICS love high temps.

Yeah, I noticed there seems to be a warmup period and that over the first couple of hours they continue to slowly creep up in hashrate (my (4) currently hashing at combined 61+ average).  I was going to just keep them all at the current voltage (been too lazy to apply my voltmeter as the setup is under my worktable and a PITA to work on) and find my ceiling, but if these temps continue, I seem to have more headroom than I thought.  300+ would be sweet!
Got my 2 sticks. Working great out of the box at stock frequency with cgminer 4.9.2 master with xnsub patches (initializing as AU3-GS10000). With this setup theyre hashing happily alongside 2 old Rockminer R-Boxes. For a whopping total hash rate of 82G or so.

Probably wont get to tweak them until this weekend. Looking forward to it though.

Hello WBF1, would it be possible to share how you patched cgminer with xnsub or is there any step by step guide you can point me to, I'm new in all of this and still couldn't figure out how to patch. i'm trying to use on nicehash.com

to be honest it's probably not even worth it.. you dont need xnsub to mine on NH.

Thank you aarons6 for the advice, but I'm simply testing with software and pools to understand and figure out the whole bitcoin thing how it works from one pool to the other, which i can have some experience since I'm new to the whole thing, so that to know how to invest in bitcoin mining hardware before spending a lot of money.

I would say - and take this for what it's worth being this is only day 2 of my mining (was a big F@H'er in the past) - that you'll want to keep it as simple as possible.  If you're using cgminer, maybe just play around with all the commands that would apply to you, and create/test different .bat files to boot from , config files for all your different workers, etc.).  Worked for me so far.  Got my Compacs up to 281 MHz with no HW errors today.  Still relatively cool to the touch.  Gonna try 290 tomorrow.
Activity: 2
Got my 2 sticks. Working great out of the box at stock frequency with cgminer 4.9.2 master with xnsub patches (initializing as AU3-GS10000). With this setup theyre hashing happily alongside 2 old Rockminer R-Boxes. For a whopping total hash rate of 82G or so.

Probably wont get to tweak them until this weekend. Looking forward to it though.

Hello WBF1, would it be possible to share how you patched cgminer with xnsub or is there any step by step guide you can point me to, I'm new in all of this and still couldn't figure out how to patch. i'm trying to use on nicehash.com

to be honest it's probably not even worth it.. you dont need xnsub to mine on NH.

Thank you aarons6 for the advice, but I'm simply testing with software and pools to understand and figure out the whole bitcoin thing how it works from one pool to the other, which i can have some experience since I'm new to the whole thing, so that to know how to invest in bitcoin mining hardware before spending a lot of money.
Pages:
Jump to: