Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience has a new stickminer that does 300+GH - page 10. (Read 22193 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If Microsoft was honest, its antivirus software would delete Windows 10.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself

Do you have any failover pools setup?

No this morning I didn’t have a failover pool set

Failover pool(s) would be a good idea.  Seems like you have more than one pool you use.  You would have known it was an issue with just the one.

I do find it really odd that a Windoze update would block a URL/IP Address.  Troubling if true.  Let us know what you find.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6

So, it sounds like CGMiner did "launch", just will not connect to that pool.

No this morning I didn’t have a failover pool set so I assumed the update broke cgminer I’m shocked that after defender updates it’s not connecting to the pool
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Update: I tried switching pools because it seems like the program starts but doesn’t get connected. I discovered that viabtc works cksolo works braiins doesn’t work after the defender definitions update

So, it sounds like CGMiner did "launch", just will not connect to that pool.

I have 4 windows 10 machines running a total of 9 compacfs and 6 newpacs. The only machine that didn’t zombie the sticks last night didn’t update the Microsoft defender antivirus definition updates because of an error. Prior to last night the directory that contained cgminer was an exception for ms defender and it is still set as an exception. There is no other antivirus software. Cgminer starts then stalls after saying started cgminer 4.12.0 then nothing.

Update: I tried switching pools because it seems like the program starts but doesn’t get connected. I discovered that viabtc works cksolo works braiins doesn’t work after the defender definitions update. My Apollo and s19xp are still hashing away on braiins as is the pc that failed to update all on the same network.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
uninstalling security updates and every windows update that they have an uninstall button for from last night didn't fix the problem. Can't get rid of security update kb5010342 has an error when trying to uninstall. Software is no longer compatible with the updated version of windows 10
Works fine for me BUT I did have to tell Malwarebytes to allow it to run. Most it not all AV software will let you do that.
uninstalling security updates and every windows update that they have an uninstall button for from last night didn't fix the problem. Can't get rid of security update kb5010342 has an error when trying to uninstall. Software is no longer compatible with the updated version of windows 10
legendary
Antivirus software has been known to flag cgminer not on its own merits but because malware bots would run it on people's computers to harvest free hashes.
windows updated while sleeping last night now cgminer will not launch. It's directory is already an exclusion wtf
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
I thought this was a tech thread? 1s and 0s have no place for emotion and vitriol. True/false, Boolean, off/on. Let's get back to mining 😆

Can't wait for my r909...
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
@citb0in, I should point out that after queue1 went to the Kanopool discord channel he und Kano quickly found that it is a power issue (they tried using a normal USB port for power). Amazing how that works when folks have an intelligent discussion eh?

glad to hear that queue1 's problem could be solved. However, this still does not change the fact of the arrogant and typical behavior of your head.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
@citb0in, I should point out that after queue1 went to the Kanopool discord channel he und Kano quickly found that it is a power issue (they tried using a normal USB port for power). Amazing how that works when folks have an intelligent discussion eh?

I should add that you've been on Ignore for quite a while so whatever crap you spew I don't see nor care too. Too bad it doesn't works with quotes as well. Anyone wanna bet they will still reply with more off-topic venom anyway?  Sad
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
It's a debug usb error that may or may not mean anything and doesn't show on the screen when you run cgminer normally
(along with the other bazillion messages you'll see turning on debug)

As I asked (from the start) what is the problem on the screen when you run without debug.

citb0in - fuck off and stop wasting people's time Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
Hello, I'm playing around with a gekko compac f, and I'm seeing this error: GSF0: GetResults (amt=0 err=-7 ern=60)
Does anyone know what it is referring to?
Thanks.

Well if you turn debug on you'll get a truck load of messages. But what is the actual problem? It will show on the screen if there is one, without the extra debug.

that IS the debug msg

which doesn't help.

Again, what problem shows on the screen when you run it normally.

The only problem that is visible here at first glance is you Kano. What's wrong with you ? Can you try to switch off your bad behavioral traits and just try to answer objectively and above all in a friendly manner without becoming arrogant? What's wrong with you? If you have problems in your private life, then leave them with you. Queue1 asked a normal valid question. Nowhere was there any mention of a problem, he merely asked what the message in question mean and what it is referring to. You first make him stupid, he should turn on the debug mode and when he answers that this was already the message from the debug mode you have no other answer than "That does not help, what problem is shown on screen?" You are out of your mind, this is sickening.

A message does not automatically have to be a problem. He wants to understand what the message means and where else should he ask about this if not here in the appropriate thread. After all, this is the thread of this GekkoScience and both the manufacturer and the developer read here.
legendary
that IS the debug msg
which doesn't help.

Again, what problem shows on the screen when you run it normally.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
that IS the debug msg
legendary
Well if you turn debug on you'll get a truck load of messages.

But what is the actual problem?

It will show on the screen if there is one, without the extra debug.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hello, I'm playing around with a gekko compac f, and I'm seeing this error: GSF0: GetResults (amt=0 err=-7 ern=60)

Does anyone know what it is referring to?
Thanks.
legendary
legendary
There was a change in the USB connector from the original batch to all successive batches (2022 models). In testing, I've had *fewer* issues with mechanically reliable connections with the new jack than the old one, and if there's an issue in testing it gets replaced. I have no experience with the issues some are seeing, and no solution except using a different meter.
Pages:
Jump to: