Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience has a new stickminer that does 300+GH - page 15. (Read 22193 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
It's physically identical to the existing hub, but uses a high-efficiency central regulator instead of several lower-power ones. That means there's no more "6A per port pair" limit. We also put 3.5A PTC resetting fuses on each port for safety.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
First batch should start shipping by the end of next week.

will there be a new gekkosience usb hub? Shocked
and if so, are there already any pics and details about the connections etc.?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
First batch should start shipping by the end of next week.
Activity: 71
Merit: 16
@sidehack,  any idea when the new USB Hub be available?

I was able to RMA the bad one.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There is a problem for both pools: too often (half second to 1 second), pool re-send the same block header data to miners, which causes too many repeat calculation on block header data. Data is not steady for continue mining. It is not good for small CPU, and it produces too much internet traffic, I believe.

It has next to zero effect.
Even an RPi CPU can do millions of hashes a second.
Merkle slice work generation takes about 10 hashes.

However, how often?

My pool sends new work every 30 seconds with clean=false
Which is on purpose, by design and necessary for bitcoin.

and of course sends work on a network block change = about 144 times a day
... for the rather obvious reason
However, this ~144 times a day sends a clean=true work item coz working on stale blocks is a REALLY bad idea,
followed by a clean=false work item.

I can only guess you mean this extra clean=false work item about 144 times a day?

Edit: and total network is about ... 15Mbytes a day. That one extra work item is about 0.2Mbytes a day
Yikes! That's called too much?
Activity: 60
Merit: 20
Please, is there somewhere I can find the difference between mining for ckpool and kanopool?
Which would be better to mine solo with compacF sticks?

I saw that it is possible to mine for 2 different pools in the same cgminer, check? Have a problem or lose efficiency instead of mining for 1 pool only?

cgminer on compacF sticks can mine with two pools. But, reliability is reduced, I believe.

The criteria for a good pool are:
1. reliable.
2. convenient or user friendly.
3. fast traffic flow.
4. less traffic flow.

Too many factors affect performance of pool side and miner side.

There is a problem for both pools: too often (half second to 1 second), pool re-send the same block header data to miners, which causes too many repeat calculation on block header data. Data is not steady for continue mining. It is not good for small CPU, and it produces too much internet traffic, I believe.
another question for my understanding
and namely what do all the numbers stand for in the accepted lines that are constantly generated by the miners?
the gsf 0, 1, 2,... means that it was generated by the respective stick/miner but the other 3 things I do not come on it Undecided

Code:
[2022-09-08 19:55:06.421] Accepted 044b2614 Diff 15.3K/641 GSF 1

641 is the worker difficulty you were mining at - so each share submitted is worth 641
15.3K is what the actual share difficulty was, which of course must be greater or equal to 641

See https://kano.is/index.php?k=workdiff

Does this Accepted 044b2614 ... mean miner compacF and pool communication ok? or both sides are working correctly?
Has pool side hashed submitted block and valid diff is above miner's setting diff?
legendary
and namely what do all the numbers stand for in the accepted lines that are constantly generated by the miners?
the gsf 0, 1, 2,... means that it was generated by the respective stick/miner but the other 3 things I do not come on it Undecided

Code:

641 is the worker difficulty you were mining at - so each share submitted is worth 641
15.3K is what the actual share difficulty was, which of course must be greater or equal to 641

See https://kano.is/index.php?k=workdiff
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Please, is there somewhere I can find the difference between mining for ckpool and kanopool?

I saw that it is possible to mine for 2 different pools in the same cgminer, check? Have a problem or lose efficiency instead of mining for 1 pool only?

Both pools are good and trusted by the community.  And since your solo mining it doesn't really matter.

Use one pool as your primary and the other for the failover pool.

I would use kano.is as the primary since it has more nodes around the world and should have better block propagation should you find one.

Also this isn't really the place to post this since it's not a pool thread.  Check the web sites for the pools and they will give you the information you need.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange

Code:
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
@cygan
After -o comes the pool server address and after -u your username.

Please see the instructions which are referred at sidehack's opening post (Kano's instructions https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58200639 ).

i dummy - could have even come up with it myself, if i had been a little smarter... Roll Eyes Lips sealed
but nevertheless many thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
@cygan
After -o comes the pool server address and after -u your username.

Please see the instructions which are referred at sidehack's opening post (Kano's instructions https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58200639 ).
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
thanks for the numerous hints and commands but i still don't know with which cmd i can set a special mhz on my 1622
Code:
(iSerial                 3 GS-10051622)
so that it doesn't restaret all the time Tongue

cmd on linux, insert:     ./cgminer  -o  ...   -u ...    -p  x    --gekko-serial   "GS-10051622"   
then, only 1622 stick is selected for mining. 

okay. what do the -o and -u in this command stand for?
thanks for the numerous hints and commands but i still don't know with which cmd i can set a special mhz on my 1622
Code:

cmd on linux, insert:     ./cgminer  -o  ...   -u ...    -p  x    --gekko-serial   "GS-10051622"   
then, only 1622 stick is selected for mining. 
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Code:
legendary
The actual manual lines I wrote describing all the generic USB commands is here:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/README#L686

On linux, to see the serial numbers in advance it's probably best to use:
Code:
sudo lsusb -d 0x0403: -v
(since R606, Compac and CompacF all use the same USB chip from 0x0403)

It will report each USB device in detail but e.g. will have this sort of info in it:
Code:
  idVendor           0x0403 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
  idProduct          0x6015 Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
  bcdDevice           10.00
  iManufacturer           1 GekkoScience
  iProduct                2 CompacF Bitcoin Miner
  iSerial                 3 GS-10008346
  bNumConfigurations      1

To see the list of miners that cgminer knows about is probably easiest to use:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer -T --usb-dump 1
(since --usb-list-all will show also show all other USB devices e.g. mouse, keyboard, hubs etc)

Edit: added the -T option so it stops with the data on the screen. And --usb-dump 1 lists the serial numbers also.
And added the example below:

Code:
     dev 1: More Info:
Manufacturer: 'GekkoScience'
Product: 'CompacF Bitcoin Miner'
Serial 'GS-10008346'
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
@n0nce
and what are the linux commands then?
am there unfortunately not so the all-rounder Tongue
Do you have GUI access to the machine?
If so, just open 3 different terminal windows.

In each of them, use whatever command you're already using and append corresponding flags as I described above. But you will need to figure out the bus numbers and device addresses, first.
I can't test with my Compac F's right now, but running cgminer with --usb-list-all should list all the attached devices with the information you need.

Something like this may work:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --usb-list-all

Then, in each of your terminal windows you can execute your miner command with appended bus_number and device_address.
Code:
sudo ./cgminer [... whatever options you have, e.g. pool information, clock speed, ...] --usb bus_number:device_address

If you already know the serial number of each stick, you can instead just do:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer [... whatever options you have, e.g. pool information, clock speed, ...] --gekko-serial REPLACE_WITH_SERIAL_NUMBER
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
@n0nce
and what are the linux commands then?
am there unfortunately not so the all-rounder Tongue
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
edit: is there actually the possibility to operate all 3 miners with different mhz?
Yes, by running an instance for each.

You can tell cgminer not to detect all devices, but just the one you want in a few ways.

--gekko-serial      Detect GekkoScience Device by Serial Number
[...]
--usb          USB device selection
[...]
The first version
  --usb 1:2,1:3,1:4,1:*
allows you to select which devices to mine on with a list of USB
 bus_number:device_address
All other USB devices will be ignored
Hotplug will also only look at the devices matching the list specified and
find nothing new if they are all in use
You can specify just the USB bus_number to find all devices like 1:*