Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience is now dabbling with 16nm ASICs for new designs - page 6. (Read 76793 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
There is a new BitFury chips, 16nm BF8162. I have contacted and confirmed that 1 chip is 7$ and minimum order amount is 500 000$. 1 chip has 100GH/s power and 0.1J/GH efficiency with conditional cooling.

And it was first demoed LAST YEAR.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
He says it like it's news, but that's not new information.
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
There is a new BitFury chips, 16nm BF8162. I have contacted and confirmed that 1 chip is 7$ and minimum order amount is 500 000$. 1 chip has 100GH/s power and 0.1J/GH efficiency with conditional cooling.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume nothing's changed in the last four days.

Or, to quote myself,

No marked progress since the last update, hence no update.

Thank you. I was just trolling Smiley

Keep up the good work!
legendary
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume nothing's changed in the last four days.

Or, to quote myself,

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Hi. What's current status of the BF16 project?
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
its all good by me, I'm happy to wait it out.

on the other hand, tease these trolls, you know you want to Wink
legendary
Yeah, I've been eyeballs-deep in manufacturing since around February and haven't really had much time to put into new designs. Especially since the BM1384 pod took more iterations than intended to be fully functional.
Activity: 432
Save the past & use the future ©

Ah, this is a great pity Sad, but thanks for your feedback.

andY
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057
Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!
That is not accurate.
Ja. As stated in the Auction thread these are Pods using Bitmains 28nm BM1384 chips harvested from their S5's, same ones used for the Compac and 2Pac's. They do NOT use Bitfury's chips!
Thanks for the feedback, but it still doesn´t answer my question Wink.
So can anyone tell my please something about the current status of the BF16 project?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
andY

oh yes an update would be nice! very interested in the BF16 project!
That is not accurate.
Ja. As stated in the Auction thread these are Pods using Bitmains 28nm BM1384 chips harvested from their S5's, same ones used for the Compac and 2Pac's. They do NOT use Bitfury's chips!
Thanks for the feedback, but it still doesn´t answer my question Wink.
So can anyone tell my please something about the current status of the BF16 project?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
andY
Activity: 427
That is not accurate.

Oh! thanks for the clarification
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
That is not accurate.
legendary
That is not accurate.
Activity: 427
Some news or updates about the BF16 project Smiley?

Thanks,
andY

Yes, the auction of the prototipes
Some news or updates about the BF16 project Smiley?

Thanks,
andY
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
ME personally;  It wouldn't be bad if an early model BF with external voltage control is offered;  I'd still pick em up =)

In the whole scope of things;  I am wanting to hold out for the pods;  I am not a fan of a million smaller USB devices... Its just in the past, it seems there's too much micro managing them.

I would like a 500gb 50 -60 watt item.

Or if it fit on the s-1 a 1200gb  120-150 watt item

I want to point 2 to mmpool.org -------  if you hit the block  you get all tx fees and it also earns a piece of the block.
I want to point 1 to ck solo pool ------- if you hit the block you get it all including tx fees.

If I use say 450 watts year round cost = 500 bucks.

With a shot at blocks or tx fees and at worse some btc earned back from mmpool.org  if someone else hits a block
It looks like mmpool.org is only pushing 5 TH/s.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
ME personally;  It wouldn't be bad if an early model BF with external voltage control is offered;  I'd still pick em up =)

In the whole scope of things;  I am wanting to hold out for the pods;  I am not a fan of a million smaller USB devices... Its just in the past, it seems there's too much micro managing them.

I would like a 500gb 50 -60 watt item.

Or if it fit on the s-1 a 1200gb  120-150 watt item

I want to point 2 to mmpool.org -------  if you hit the block  you get all tx fees and it also earns a piece of the block.
I want to point 1 to ck solo pool ------- if you hit the block you get it all including tx fees.

If I use say 450 watts year round cost = 500 bucks.

With a shot at blocks or tx fees and at worse some btc earned back from mmpool.org  if someone else hits a block
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

Pages:
Jump to: