Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 95. (Read 61330 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Instead of a specific time component for ramping, it uses a health component - if it's stable above a certain hashing percentage threshold it'll step up, and then once it reaches that equilibrium again, it steps up again.

I haven't tested it out on sticks, but I've seen it take 20 minutes to reach target frequency on a test pod.

What controller are you using? I've had good luck on a PC but the timings are still being tweaked to cooperate with a Pi so that might be causing some of your reset/zero-chips issues.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Great work VH. Im giving it a whirl now. Love the auto tuning, although after 10 minutes its only getting 55gh on 5 sticks. I was previously running at 500ghs.

How long does it take to "find its groove" and level out? Also it certainly disables and enables the sticks quite often and it says there are no chips on all the sticks (not simultaneously mind you) quite often.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
vh, you have out done yourself as always. Thank you for your amazing work with this project!
Activity: 88
Merit: 85
Cool.
So if i am reading right this new version will handle optimal settings for each stick in one instance?
That would be a major improvement.
Can i just start it and it wil run in this optimizing way automatically, or do i need an option for it. Tried to read this quistion in your posting, but not getting 100% clear to me.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Yes, "Dec 13, 2018 @ 3339a51" is the latest version (for the NewPac).

While we're on the topic:

Here's info on an updated version of the cgminer gekko driver (363d879, branch: r606), prepping for the Terminus R606.

Opening to early adopters.   Neat new options, with lots of bugs pre-squashed, (but probably not fully bug free).

To install:

Code:
#rename the existing cgminer folder then...

git clone -b r606 https://github.com/vthoang/cgminer.git
cd cgminer

CFLAGS="-O2" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko
make -j 2

Windows Binary: edit
April 8  @ 363d879 : cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-363d879.7z
April 26 @ 5c757f5 : cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-5c757f5.7z
April 30 @ 0d524aa - cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-0d524aa.7z
May 11 @ ef74c27- cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-ef74c27.7z
May 13 @ a62385f- cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-a62385f.7z
May 26 @ 9e51f0b- cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-9e51f0b.7z

Changes:

- Merged in upstream cgminer.

- Added initial support for Terminus R606

- Added self preservation / performance tuning code:  

leverages the standard stages of hash performance as frequency increase:

| normal | peak | pleateau (80-90% peak - stress or "no nonces") | no hashing |

this code update will step back from pleateau into peak.

+ okay to slightly over estimate frequency, it will back down to best healthy hashrate.
    + 5-10% increase in hashrate as you return to peak
    + adjust with "--gekko-tune-down" to suit your needs.   [90-95]% is a healthy range, 95 is default, set to 0 to disable.

1.  Adjusts frequency according to each miner's unique charateristics
        2.  To keep a hash performance above 95%.  
        3.  Based on the idea that (95% of 275MHz) hashes better than (80% of 300MHz)

- Modified asic-boost pool startup sequence.

+ cleared issue sending AB stratum message on non AB pools.  
  + if pool indicates AB is supported, AB will be enabled.
  + removed option "--gekko-newpac-boost", use "--gekko-noboost" to force non AB mode.
  + added [plus] flag after chip count to indicate asic-boost is functioning.

@0d524aa
  + tune rx buffer handling.
  + drop vmask param when noboost is enabled.   better support for non compatible vmask implementation (prohashing.com)

@ef74c27
  + fix statline overflow

@a62385f
  + works with all tested AB pools below
  + added lowboost mode

@9e51f0b
  + performance improvements
  + bug fixes

Asic Boost Pool notes:

okay - auto detected - Asic Boost Pool(s):

stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333
    stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333
    stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333
    stratum+tcp://btc.viabtc.com:3333
    stratum+tcp://us1.bitminter.com:3333
    stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333
    stratum+tcp://us.ss.btc.com:1800
    stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335

okay - auto detect - Non Asic Boost Pool(s):

stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3333

not okay - detected but rejected ab work:  (use "--gekko-noboost")

N/A
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
what is newest miner? for win 10

this one below?

Dec 13, 2018 @ 3339a51 - cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-3339a51.7z

I felt lucky so I set set sticks to 100mhz

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

Page 1 for best results, but you know that. Wink
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
what is newest miner? for win 10

this one below?

Dec 13, 2018 @ 3339a51 - cgminer-4.11.1-windows-gekko-3339a51.7z

I felt lucky so I set set sticks to 100mhz

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje
hey,

So I finally am up and running. How should I try to clock these? I have six sticks and each set to 200 Mhz with a throughput of only 201.9 Gh/z?

Thought you had six sticks running at 100mhz and were having problems? Whats changed to get them to run over the 100mhz you originally had them set at?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Yes, this definitely seems to be the sweet spot for them. No nonces and none dropping down low and having to reset.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Try setting them at 175MHz.    You might get another 10-25GH/s if you set it between 160MHz - 175MHz.

edit:

Drawing out a rough sketch to explain.

In the normal range, Hashrate = Frequency x 0.228  

If the formula doesn't work, there's not enough power to move forward with a higher frequency.
hey,

So I finally am up and running. How should I try to clock these? I have six sticks and each set to 200 Mhz with a throughput of only 201.9 Gh/z?
We are not retail.
Gekko Science makes one, we have a version of it if you check out the site.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Do you think i can still use a few less sticks for now until it comes in? I also have an amazon basics hub but it is REALLY simple.
It depends on each single port limit.
Again, most of them max at around 1Amp per port (some rare ones may get close to 2Amps)
If the stick miner needs more than that (which it does), then expect issues.
Do you think i can still use a few less sticks for now until it comes in? I also have an amazon basics hub but it is REALLY simple.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
It's difficult to find ANY USB hub that allows more than 1 or 2 Amps per port.
The stick miners can use more than that ...

That's why this exists:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50228375
We are not retail.
Have you tried other hubs or USB ports? Looks like a lot of different information on the amperage per port for the one you listed. Only 1.2a with multiple ports running.
Hey guys,

I am having some difficulty with the newpacs and hope someone can shed some light. Currently, I am running 6 newpacs off of a BrovSS USB hub with active cooling. All of the sticks are connected to this hub. The frequency they are running off of is 100 Mhz each. The version of cgminer is the gekkoscience cgminer 4.1 and using on Windows 10. I have been able to mine a couple blocks but eventually cgminer displays a “GSH 3 missing nonces” and “GSH 4 missing nonces” and then displays “Toggling reset on GSH 3” amd “Toggling reset on GSH” and my worker goes offline and have to reboot everything each time. Again, I appreciate any help someone can offer.
We are not retail.
Looks good, maybe invert the logo etchings if you make another and you've nailed aesthetics 100% imo.
That is quite impressive and looks GREAT! If only it could somehow add to the performance. Anyway, that plate does look very nice!!  Wink

It would be good if it added to the heat dissipation in some way, but it is purely for aesthetics and gives me something to do lol.
Pages:
Jump to: