Pages:
Author

Topic: Gender equality - page 24. (Read 5695 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
September 16, 2017, 07:56:53 AM
Do you think that men and woman are treated equally in society?
if not , what are the ways you suggest to promote equality among society ?

Depends on where you live. There is a whole spectrum.
In a lot of places, women have equal legal rights to men. However, I believe people assume things based on gender on both sides if they don't know the person any better. This goes away after you get to know the individual, but not all people really get to know each other, so we live with a lot of assumptions in our daily lives.

People should be able to get to their goals equally based on their actions. But does this mean that it is wrong to assume that some female you never met is more compassionate then some other male you also never met? Maybe, I don't know. I can just tell you that on average, women are more compassionate and men are more ruthless. Both have their benefits in every society. I just believe that you should give everyone a chance if you can afford it.
Activity: 77
Merit: 4
September 16, 2017, 07:48:57 AM
yes, men and women should be  treated equally. women can do everything that a man can do . so there  is no gender inequality is  to be done between men and women.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
September 16, 2017, 07:44:22 AM
Our government in the Philippines launches different programs promoting gender equality such as empowering women through giving training that may uplift them.  But despite different programs, the treatment of the society between male and female are still unequal.  Even many people still believes that men are superior than women in terms of leadership, decision making,  and performance (some think men can do better than women), some people nowadays are open-minded in accepting the fact that women can do also what men can do.  Now, men and women help each other as the bread winner of the family unlike before that only men considered as a breadwinner of the family. Many women nowadays also excel in different fields of work and even in term of leadership.   I believe that someday, society will also treat women and men equally. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
September 16, 2017, 07:20:25 AM
No. I believe that men and women have different nature and they do not need to try to be equal, when they try to be equal they become like asexual beings.
It is not about a woman being equal to man, it is the unequal treatment of the society to both. Of course woman cannot be equal with man because each one is created uniquely and for a different purpose. They've been designed differently according to their purpose but in the society men are always favored and women are always being treated with less regards. Not to mention the arab countries. We all know how they value and tread women but even in more liberated countries women are still most of the time deprived of their rights just because they are women. In work for example, though there are works that are better done by women but still men get more salary and other benefits. Though there are a lot of movements that encourage women nowadays to stand up.  
Activity: 286
Merit: 11
September 15, 2017, 06:29:11 PM
There are fields where two people may or may not be treated equal.
You can't treat a football and basketball player same in the playing ground only.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
September 15, 2017, 06:12:05 PM
The original question was whether both sexes are treated equally which I think some missed. I do not think we are treated equally I think women have a slight advantage in most

regards (although it may not appear so on first sight and somebody saying this is seen as LOL .. but actually think about it) . Atleast this is the case in the Western world and developed

nations. There are a lot of ways to promote equality and that is to get rid of all the inequality. And for that we need to have a honest discussion because nobody is and each side (both

men and women) think they have it worse. Thats why feminism is such an awful movement. On the face it strives for equality, but in actuality its women trying to oppress men the same

way they were oppressed previously. To answer the second part, I think we should be treated equally but we are not made equal and should do what we are best at.

tldr;1)women are treated better in western world and its not close

2)we should we treated equal but by no means are we equal. each sex has their strength and weakness
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 15, 2017, 05:20:01 PM
Not every man is equal to every other man. Not every women is equal to every other woman. Why would anyone think men should equal women? There isn't any gender equality. If there was, there wouldn't be any gender.

Cool
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
September 15, 2017, 05:15:09 PM
Women make up the majority of people in this world, if they feel that their is injustice in the world, they can do something about it, they can first start by electing women into positions of power and they will take it from there.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
September 15, 2017, 03:13:34 PM
They will never be treated equally
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
September 15, 2017, 03:03:19 PM

Yes, but women are treated more equally. Atleast where I live.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
September 15, 2017, 11:19:46 AM
No. I believe that men and women have different nature and they do not need to try to be equal, when they try to be equal they become like asexual beings.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 15, 2017, 10:52:04 AM
Pages:
Jump to: