Pages:
Author

Topic: [GENERAL SALES CLOSED] GekkoScience 2PAC - 2x BM1384 USB Stick Miner - page 10. (Read 56153 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
They also have a small jumper soldered on, like in the prototype pics (you can see it to the left of the buck chip in the bottom right corner). And yes, they're black. And darn sexy. MacEntyre has good taste.

Additionally, I have updated the sales and shipping queues. Two more large orders going out today. More chips arrived earlier than expected so bulk manufacture will resume on Monday. With any luck I'll have the next big order and several small orders out next Friday.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
^^^you'll have to look very very closely to see the hairline difference in those.

I always wanted different colors, so I am grabbing a couple before they disappear or will be sent to EU (eventually).
It is like a collection item (to me), plus i will get them earlier than EU  Grin.

TL;DR

Several sticks that sidehack is talking about are visually different (black coloring scheme) vs the rest, which are green
legendary
Just to make it clear, since I see I didn't actually say this - the bitshopper "seconds" sticks are fully functional, just they have a small wire jumper on 'em to make them work. But work they do.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Forgot if I mentioned it here already, but I screwed up the bitshopper PCB order. Somehow I sent an old version of the gerber files out and left an error in 'em, so now I have a bunch of PCBs that don't work. It's a simple fix but a fix nonetheless, so we're scrapping 'em and ordering new.

I did have a bunch already made and that's how I noticed the issue.

So I've got some black 2Pacs with bitshopper silkscreens and a bit of manual jumpering I'd like to get rid of, first come first serve. PM if interested.
PMed you. Even if they're broken I'll keep em for my collection- my working gekko has been hashing away since it's got to me without any issues. All fine Smiley

Edit : as post below said, the miners work perfectly fine, they just have manual jumpers in them. Don't make the same mistake I made reading that post!
legendary
Forgot if I mentioned it here already, but I screwed up the bitshopper PCB order. Somehow I sent an old version of the gerber files out and left an error in 'em, so now I have a bunch of PCBs that don't work. It's a simple fix but a fix nonetheless, so we're scrapping 'em and ordering new.

I did have a bunch already made and that's how I noticed the issue.

So I've got some black 2Pacs with bitshopper silkscreens and a bit of manual jumpering I'd like to get rid of, first come first serve. PM if interested.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
More sticks shipping out today, including Canada. There's an issue with bitshopper sticks that'll have to be addressed, so I went ahead and hit up the small order queue with green sticks to the proportion that bitshoppers had been sent out. The next batch of green sticks will be reserved for large order queue. I don't know how many yet but more will be going out Friday.

Awesome!  Grin
legendary
More sticks shipping out today, including Canada. There's an issue with bitshopper sticks that'll have to be addressed, so I went ahead and hit up the small order queue with green sticks to the proportion that bitshoppers had been sent out. The next batch of green sticks will be reserved for large order queue. I don't know how many yet but more will be going out Friday.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Yeah, thanks for the updates and everything - signed up to say that I received my 3 in the mail recently, but finally checked today and have them in hand!! Super excited to get them set up! Cheesy
Activity: 18
Thanks for the updates.

I'm gonna order through bitshopper when they get stock.
Activity: 21
Thank you for all the updates...I can't wait!  Cheesy
legendary
There's something like 60 orders after yours.

Because of the extra work required for bitshopper sticks (extra processing time because they're not panelized, stuff like that) I'm gonna ship every small order I can out of standing inventory after the next big order is met. It'll probably be close to 100 sticks instead of the 65 or so due. This'll mean about 3/4 of the small queue will have been met, and more than half the total sticks ordered (when bitshoppers ship).

I've worked out a solution to one of the more common issues (not solder or placement related) I've been seeing at the testbench, so that's good news also.
Activity: 15
My two sticks are probably at tail end of small orders. Embarrassed
legendary
Thanks for telling me. I usually don't find out about holidays until I go to the post office and they're closed. Well that's okay, I guess that many more orders will go out if I have an extra day to assemble and test. After the big order of 200 I'll owe about 65 sticks to the small queue before shifting to bitshoppers. At this week's pace there shouldn't be any trouble doing that if I put in at least one day this weekend.
Activity: 33
The first big order of 200 will be going out Monday, as well as several more small orders Monday or Tuesday. Depends on what gets done over the weekend and on Monday.

These have sold so well, and manufacture is getting smoother, that I have decided to run out a second batch. As it is, we're within about 20 of the batch cutoff anyway. This will postpone Biggie pods of course, but that's okay I was behind schedule on them anyway. Until I can work out some manufacture issues (the biggest problem I'm still having with 2Pac preparation is reliability of solder joints on ASICs; the percentage requiring rework is still too high) I won't okay that board for manufacture anyway.

Next week will start assembly of MacEntyre's bitshopper sticks. I'll get all the small orders I can out of the way with the green domestic sticks before jumping on that batch, but when it's done and shipped I'll be about halfway done with delivery. Compared to the original Compac manufacture schedule we're flat rolling. Course I have put in 70 hours in the last 6 days, but work's gotta get done. It should start getting smoother from here on out.

FYI Monday is a national holiday so i think you mean Tuesday.....  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
The first big order of 200 will be going out Monday, as well as several more small orders Monday or Tuesday. Depends on what gets done over the weekend and on Monday.

These have sold so well, and manufacture is getting smoother, that I have decided to run out a second batch. As it is, we're within about 20 of the batch cutoff anyway. This will postpone Biggie pods of course, but that's okay I was behind schedule on them anyway. Until I can work out some manufacture issues (the biggest problem I'm still having with 2Pac preparation is reliability of solder joints on ASICs; the percentage requiring rework is still too high) I won't okay that board for manufacture anyway.

Next week will start assembly of MacEntyre's bitshopper sticks. I'll get all the small orders I can out of the way with the green domestic sticks before jumping on that batch, but when it's done and shipped I'll be about halfway done with delivery. Compared to the original Compac manufacture schedule we're flat rolling. Course I have put in 70 hours in the last 6 days, but work's gotta get done. It should start getting smoother from here on out.
Sounds good! I just got my 2pac in the mail so I'll see how it works later. Will update this post as it happens.

Packed with nice paper packing and a static shielding bag, size comparison:

Once I find my screwdriver I'll take heatsink off and look at the chips.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Can't wait to receive mine! Can we have the list of priority ? Just curious  Cheesy
Activity: 42
Received all 6 sticks in the mail.
Thank you Sidehack.

Initial setup: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17873919

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I have an idea for a bigger heatsink

I have a flat  ¼ x 8 x 8 inch plate

I think I will pull the small heat sink