Pages:
Author

Topic: [GENERAL SALES CLOSED] GekkoScience 2PAC - 2x BM1384 USB Stick Miner - page 12. (Read 56153 times)

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Maybe we should start a thread about hubs so I stop getting "new post" emails that aren't about 2Pac sales?

okay will do it in hard ware>

done

link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17745347

thanks will post all stuff about usb hubs in there

The first handful of sticks are shipping out today. I'd have more done and tested, but my minion left after 3 hours during which time he only got about 40 minutes worth of work done - 40 minutes at my pace, anyways. He's still learning the benefits of batch processes and power tools for making short work of large modularizable tasks.

I'll be queueing on an 80/20 rate, which means 80% of manufactured sticks will go to big orders and 20% to small orders. Right now that's pretty much how the breakdown is. So that means I'll ship the first 40 sticks to small orders and save the next 200 for a big order, and so on. If I can get the manufacturing pace picked up to near where I'd like it there'd be about 240 moving every week, but that's going to mean tweaking processes to get rid of the metric buttload of manual rework currently required.

I'll be working a fair bit over the weekend to get more sticks out, and ironing out some kinks with the new testing setup that's causing more issues with output. The next few orders on the list will be shipping out Tuesday.

wicked bro, can't wait to get my batch and start playing around with some hubs.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
The first handful of sticks are shipping out today. I'd have more done and tested, but my minion left after 3 hours during which time he only got about 40 minutes worth of work done - 40 minutes at my pace, anyways. He's still learning the benefits of batch processes and power tools for making short work of large modularizable tasks.

I'll be queueing on an 80/20 rate, which means 80% of manufactured sticks will go to big orders and 20% to small orders. Right now that's pretty much how the breakdown is. So that means I'll ship the first 40 sticks to small orders and save the next 200 for a big order, and so on. If I can get the manufacturing pace picked up to near where I'd like it there'd be about 240 moving every week, but that's going to mean tweaking processes to get rid of the metric buttload of manual rework currently required.

I'll be working a fair bit over the weekend to get more sticks out, and ironing out some kinks with the new testing setup that's causing more issues with output. The next few orders on the list will be shipping out Tuesday.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
First orders should be going out tomorrow. These things are taking a lot longer to iron out than I expected, mostly because of issues with parts placement. I've got a minion running the pick-and-place and I think I need to give him another run-through on how to do things right. Paste isn't wetting properly so parts aren't sticking well - part of that is it's been cold lately, and part is the paste isn't being stirred right before application so it's too stiff, and part of that is I think he's just not laying it down right. Yesterday he somehow gouged the stencil so badly it took a chunk out of the PCB.

I did some figuring this morning and changed the program a bit to help out with one issue I was seeing on the board, but about two dozen sets (one "board" is 10x sticks in a panel) had already been run through so those will have to be reworked manually. And then a lot of ASICs are not stuck down right, which if I can figure up a solution for that or just do it all myself I'll end up re-doing about 20 panels but there's already 30-odd already finished I'll just have to deal with. Long story short, daily total output is half what it should be until I can solve the problems. That's a bad thing for everyone.

Good news is, the first orders should be going out tomorrow. I'll probably queue things 80/20 since that's about how the orders are lining up, which means in every 100 sticks 20 will ship for small orders and 80 for big orders.
Sounds good! Can't wait to receive my one stick I ordered, if it works well I'll definitely order more as soon as I can Smiley having half the output of normal is still better than not having any at all. Keep us updated!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
My testing stick is running very nicely.

I boosted it to freq 225. It runs with zero issues.  Very nice stick.  Gives me about 23-24 gh
legendary
First orders should be going out tomorrow. These things are taking a lot longer to iron out than I expected, mostly because of issues with parts placement. I've got a minion running the pick-and-place and I think I need to give him another run-through on how to do things right. Paste isn't wetting properly so parts aren't sticking well - part of that is it's been cold lately, and part is the paste isn't being stirred right before application so it's too stiff, and part of that is I think he's just not laying it down right. Yesterday he somehow gouged the stencil so badly it took a chunk out of the PCB.

I did some figuring this morning and changed the program a bit to help out with one issue I was seeing on the board, but about two dozen sets (one "board" is 10x sticks in a panel) had already been run through so those will have to be reworked manually. And then a lot of ASICs are not stuck down right, which if I can figure up a solution for that or just do it all myself I'll end up re-doing about 20 panels but there's already 30-odd already finished I'll just have to deal with. Long story short, daily total output is half what it should be until I can solve the problems. That's a bad thing for everyone.

Good news is, the first orders should be going out tomorrow. I'll probably queue things 80/20 since that's about how the orders are lining up, which means in every 100 sticks 20 will ship for small orders and 80 for big orders.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Stencils arrived this morning so we got started on surface-mounting. By tomorrow I'll have about 600 sticks with ASICs mounted, and will have started on the topside components. All heatsinks are drilled and tapped and ready to be installed. Overall, we're right on schedule.

Hello Sidehack,

Nice to see such progress Cheesy !

Do you have an idea on when you should start to ship those babies ?

Best,

Patx
legendary
Maybe we should start a thread about hubs so I stop getting "new post" emails that aren't about 2Pac sales?

okay will do it in hard ware>

done

link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17745347
legendary
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
How come the 49port hub still has the same PSU as the 19port? Could it handle a bigger PSU ?
legendary
Dang that's a sexy hub. From where do you conjure up these things?

usually just from customer feedback etc. You want to see something really sexy? Remember that yellow usb hub with all the messy cables etc? We put it all into a nice neat black box:

http://www.eyeboot.com/49-port-usb-hub-version2

works a lot better now too Smiley

Links to USB hub charger and charging station in the description are broken.

fixed! sorry about that we are in the middle of a site upgrade.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

usually just from customer feedback etc. You want to see something really sexy? Remember that yellow usb hub with all the messy cables etc? We put it all into a nice neat black box:

Links to USB hub charger and charging station in the description are broken.
legendary

legendary
legendary
legendary
My compac and 2pac are chugging along on mmpool.org

One is doing  11 gh
Two is doing. 22 gh

O hw in a 90 f garage.

You have active or passiv cooling?

My setup has a stud hub from klintay  that I modded with a superior psu inside it.

Mine was a usb 2.

He now sells this usb 3.0 version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyeboot-19-Port-40A-USB-3-0-Hub-110-240V-2-amps-per-port-/351720554389?

I do not know if he went to the better psu inside it
but it is easy to upgrade the psu if it is like my hub.
This hub would be sweet with 16 2pacs.  I think you would not need the bridges I use since it is a usb 3.0 hub

I set volts to 5.5 on the psu.

With the bridges I can pull 1.8 amps safely  so 1.8 x 5.5 = 10 watts with ease.

Based on all the work I did with this hub a year or so back running the compacs

I can do  freq 350 non stop with the compacs and a proper fan

the new setup in the garage

both sticks using 2x ports

the first setup only the 2x chip is using the 2x port bridge

Activity: 42

One is doing  11 gh
Two is doing. 22 gh

O hw in a 90 f garage.

He posted a picture of his setup.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17677940
legendary
Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499

One is doing  11 gh
Two is doing. 22 gh

O hw in a 90 f garage.

Activity: 15
Stencils arrived this morning so we got started on surface-mounting. By tomorrow I'll have about 600 sticks with ASICs mounted, and will have started on the topside components. All heatsinks are drilled and tapped and ready to be installed. Overall, we're right on schedule.

I also happened to fetch some materials to play with anodizing a bit if I get some spare time in the next couple days.
Awesome, can't wait. Sounds like a lot of fun to design and manufacture.
legendary

One is doing  11 gh
Two is doing. 22 gh

O hw in a 90 f garage.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

I also happened to fetch some materials to play with anodizing a bit if I get some spare time in the next couple days.

Awesome news, can't wait to get my hands on these.
I have everything set and running my compacs now with vh's new cgminer.  Cool
I should be all set to just plug-n-play when I get them.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: