Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 18. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
NiceHash support is coming. Stay tuned.

((Coming as in, a week or two. Wolf0 and I are travelling...))

Here are releases with support for NiceHash, both CryptoNight (XMR) and DaggerHashimoto (Ethereum) are supported on NiceHash. We didn't play with Equihash (Zcash) for now since Zawawa's GG kernels are not yet competitive.

Genesis Mining is welcome to pull patches into it's GitHub repository.

https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer-gm/releases/

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Nice one! Seems to get a bit less XMR hashes (on 470: 725 instead of 738 in 5.5.5)  looks a bit more stable though...
The 100% fan seems to be gone... is it? EDIT: nope still there... which makes it totally unusable
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Code:
[10:15:18] Started sgminer 5.5.4-gm
[10:15:18] * using Jansson 2.7

This is all I'm getting... anybody knows help? Thanks!

Same thing.
Do we need to install something beside the video driver?

Sapphire Nitro 470 8GB
Win 7 Ultimate
Crimson 16.10.3
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
I found the link to download sgminer-gm-5-5-5-windows
Eth mining is working
Reporting about 25MH / s with each rx 480 8gb

It is a little slower than ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.9 which makes 31 peak MH / s more usually stays at 21MH / s
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
So, I enabled debug and logging so I could see. And, yes the problem is with the opening of the /sys/bus/pci/... files. I don't have much to contribute, but I do know from some other forums on setting and monitoring with the new drivers that you have to be root to access these directories. Hence I can manually set the fan speed with "echo 80 > /sys/class/DRM/card1/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1" when root, but not as user or sudo.

I tried recompiling both with and without the ADL headers. Still not seeing fan speed or temps. Without the ADL headers it does complain during compile.  And, I have no gpu-powertune settings in my config.

So, for now have gone back to 5.5.4. Still works great and I can see my temps.  Hopefully it'll get straightened out and I'll try again.

Thanks GM team!

After moving from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5, it no longer shows gpu temp or fan speed. This is on lubuntu 16.04, amdgpu-pro 16.40, AMDSDK 3.0. And yes, I did move the required files to ADL_SDK. Any thoughts?
Hi, the difference between 5.5.4 and 5.5.5 is that the sysfs files are now opened by using the PCIe topology, i.e. if the miner fails to open the required files, then it should output something like "Failed to open /sys/bus/pci/devices/..." during startup when debugging is enabled. This was necessary in order to have the correct mapping between one GPU and it's sysfs files. Maybe you disabled this kind of GPU control during startup, i.e. just don't use --no-adl or "no-adl": true as command line argument or in the config file, if you want to have this information.
Edit: The ADL headers are no longer needed, if the binaries are used together with the AMDGPU driver.
Edit2: I figured out that gpu-powertune needs to be removed from the config if you're not using kernel 4.9 or later.
Did you try the master branch? There is a fix for invalid settings, which kind of crash the kernel. Just try with a minimal config. Futhermore, sgminer compiles withouts ADL headers.
Activity: 47

No, that doesn't fix it. It's a config issue and I need to update some other parts of the code, i.e. the kernel dislikes clocks like gpu-engine being set to 0, and gpu-powertune isn't supported by all kernels.
Edit: At least the invalid clock settings should be fixed on master. gpu-powertune needs to removed from the config on systems that do not support it.
I guess that you're using AMDGPU PRO 16.50. It does not like the eth-kernel. Maybe it helps to delete the old *.bin files and to delete line 2 in kernel/ethash.cl.

Thank you for the recomendations.
For know I have to confirm that the following config works great with both xmr and eth:
Ubuntu 16.04 kernel 4.9.4 AMDGPU PRO 16.40

Will try some more tweaks later.
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

Here are releases with support for NiceHash, both CryptoNight (XMR) and DaggerHashimoto (Ethereum) are supported on NiceHash. We didn't play with Equihash (Zcash) for now since Zawawa's GG kernels are not yet competitive.

Genesis Mining is welcome to pull patches into it's GitHub repository.

https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer-gm/releases/

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
Activity: 49
I tried recompiling both with and without the ADL headers. Still not seeing fan speed or temps. Without the ADL headers it does complain during compile.  And, I have no gpu-powertune settings in my config.

So, for now have gone back to 5.5.4. Still works great and I can see my temps.  Hopefully it'll get straightened out and I'll try again.

Thanks GM team!

After moving from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5, it no longer shows gpu temp or fan speed. This is on lubuntu 16.04, amdgpu-pro 16.40, AMDSDK 3.0. And yes, I did move the required files to ADL_SDK. Any thoughts?
Hi, the difference between 5.5.4 and 5.5.5 is that the sysfs files are now opened by using the PCIe topology, i.e. if the miner fails to open the required files, then it should output something like "Failed to open /sys/bus/pci/devices/..." during startup when debugging is enabled. This was necessary in order to have the correct mapping between one GPU and it's sysfs files. Maybe you disabled this kind of GPU control during startup, i.e. just don't use --no-adl or "no-adl": true as command line argument or in the config file, if you want to have this information.
Edit: The ADL headers are no longer needed, if the binaries are used together with the AMDGPU driver.
Edit2: I figured out that gpu-powertune needs to be removed from the config if you're not using kernel 4.9 or later.
Did you try the master branch? There is a fix for invalid settings, which kind of crash the kernel. Just try with a minimal config. Futhermore, sgminer compiles withouts ADL headers.
Activity: 24

Thanks GM team!

Could anyone pass the configuration to mine eth?
Code:
{
"pools":
[
{
"name": "Ethpool",
"url": "stratum+tcp://eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999",
"user": "0x166a9e0778321c531e96281ee70ebf8c3d704372.test",
"pass": "x",
"profile": "eth"
}
],
"profiles":
[
{
"name": "eth",
"algorithm": "ethash",
"xintensity": "1024",
"worksize": "192",
"gpu-threads": "1"
}
],
"default-profile": "eth",
"gpu-platform": "-1",
"no-extranonce": true
}

Could you tell me what I call this file in the terminal?
Where do I find the link to download the latest version?
Would it be possible to add a readme with all these settings or even the files themselves in future versions of the program?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
[...]
there're also some issues with "gpu-platform". I had integrated intel enabled and setting it to "1" didnt help until I uninstalled driver for intel and after reboot it started to see AMD instead of Intel on gpu-platform =1
Sorry for that. Then your AMD platform was "0". I left "1" in there accidentally because that matches my system.

yeah I thought so too, yet the miner refused to start with any number which was not "-1" I tried running with "0", "1", "2" before starting to disable/uninstall stuff in device manager.

Activity: 642
Merit: 292
(XMR) Curious version... after 5.5.4 works fine, I get now something like "card X crashed - will be disabled" for every of my four cards. So hashrate = 0.0, no more useable with my RIG. Roll Eyes
Did you try to reboot? Furthermore we can't fix any bug with ZERO information.

Just done a reboot, changes nothing. A bit more infos:
Win 7/64 RIG, 1x R9 290x, 3x R9 Nano, Crimson 16.7.3
Works absolute smoothly for weeks with Claymore 9.6/.7 and SGminer 5.5.4.

5.5.5 screenshot
Activity: 199
Merit: 108
Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.
is it possible to use sgminer-gm with nicehash for daggerhashimoto?

tried it but didnt get any accepted shares, 0.000 H/s and "rejected untracked stratum share" once in a while

cheers

anybody?

This miner does not work with NiceHash, too bad Sad. BTW it is better than Claymore XMR, same speed, but much much lower power consumption

Posts like these - even if unintentionally malicious - just make us really sad, and reconsider why we bother putting development hours into it.

This reminds me of the following words by Mother Teresa: "If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway."  I don't mean to sound preachy or anything, but I can certainly relate to how you feel.

Or my favourite quote:

"Don't be a cunt-nugget."
         - Australian Man, 2013
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
is it possible to use sgminer-gm with nicehash for daggerhashimoto?

tried it but didnt get any accepted shares, 0.000 H/s and "rejected untracked stratum share" once in a while

cheers

anybody?

This miner does not work with NiceHash, too bad Sad. BTW it is better than Claymore XMR, same speed, but much much lower power consumption
I would really appreciate a config file or command line batch file for anyone using this with windows, 280x or 7970, for XMR.
Thanks.

Bump, trying again.

XMR: http://pastebin.com/RRxNkcgV

The configurations are on the front page. And on the release page.

Code:
{
"pools":
[
{
"name": "Ethpool",
"url": "stratum+tcp://eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999",
"user": "0x166a9e0778321c531e96281ee70ebf8c3d704372.test",
"pass": "x",
"profile": "eth"
}
],
"profiles":
[
{
"name": "eth",
"algorithm": "ethash",
"xintensity": "1024",
"worksize": "192",
"gpu-threads": "1"
}
],
"default-profile": "eth",
"gpu-platform": "-1",
"no-extranonce": true
}
[...]
there're also some issues with "gpu-platform". I had integrated intel enabled and setting it to "1" didnt help until I uninstalled driver for intel and after reboot it started to see AMD instead of Intel on gpu-platform =1
Sorry for that. Then your AMD platform was "0". I left "1" in there accidentally because that matches my system.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
great results on XMR on rx400 !
comparing to claymore 9.7 its about 10% less power and also few % more hashes.

could you share your conf or command line pls?
I can't get better results than with claymore 9.7 on nitro 470 8gb
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
I would really appreciate a config file or command line batch file for anyone using this with windows, 280x or 7970, for XMR.
Thanks.

Bump, trying again.
Pages:
Jump to: