Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 15. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
best setting for R9 380x -rawintensity 512-w 4 -g 2 - 720Hs(costum timings) with OC about 750Hs,
 but my R9 280x only 640hs with same settings best settings for 280x?
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
LOWER THE INTENSITY--

Try using "-ri 1008".  That  is my setting with stock clocks and BIOS.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Anyone manage to get sgminer-gm v5.5.5 Linux to work on XMR mining at stratum+tcp://cryptonight.hk.nicehash.com:3355 ?

I am getting rejects, is this normal? Any extra settings required?

YOU NEED TO USE NICEHASH'S MODIFIED VERSION--

NiceHash modified SGminer-GM and released v5.5.5-4 on their own GitHub repo.  The version at the Genesis Mining repo is not NiceHash compatible; I asked about it a page or so back.  NiceHash posted the link in this thread, also.

Now, I haven't tried the Hong Kong server, but the NiceHash v5.5.5-4 has been very stable on the USA server.  It has run almost two weeks without a problem on my 6-card GTX 460 (4GB) rig.        

Here is the link to the NiceHash post:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17585443       --scryptr

EDIT:  How many rejects are you getting?  I do get a small percentage of rejects for stale shares.  However, when I tried to use Genesis Mining's v5.5.5, I got 100% rejects on NiceHash's Cryptonight server.       --scryptr

thanks scryptr!

I get 100% rejects with v5.5.5 Linux.

Will try the v5.5.5-4 !

Gave up..... sgminer-gm v5.5.5-4 still gives me rejects mining on XMR Nicehash.
Settings: -ri 1024 -w 8 -g 1 , and also tried 512 -w 4 -g 2, both giving rejects
Tried HK and USA nodes also getting rejects
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Im trying to use sgminer ethash with mixed gpus on win 10 pro and sgminer only builds a bin for Hawaii I tried to start sgminer by choosing my Tahiti or 270 and it still doesn't build a bin for them  
the only solution I've figured is two instances with enumerated devices in each config.

edit: if I recall correctly....

Thanks for the suggestion Im going to try it but a few post above said eth trouble mining with 16.6 drivers and this stupid win 10 pro keeps updating to 16.6 as soon as i plug the internet back in I have disabled it not to but it still does Im thinking of going back to win 7 I never had any of these problems Thank You
1) set proper update policies in gpegit.msc
2) from elevated prompt run: "gpupdate /force"
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Anyone manage to get sgminer-gm v5.5.5 Linux to work on XMR mining at stratum+tcp://cryptonight.hk.nicehash.com:3355 ?

NiceHash modified SGminer-GM and released v5.5.5-4 on their own GitHub repo.  The version at the Genesis Mining repo is not NiceHash compatible; I asked about it a page or so back.  NiceHash posted the link in this thread, also.

Now, I haven't tried the Hong Kong server, but the NiceHash v5.5.5-4 has been very stable on the USA server.  It has run almost two weeks without a problem on my 6-card GTX 460 (4GB) rig.        

Here is the link to the NiceHash post:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17585443       --scryptr

EDIT:  How many rejects are you getting?  I do get a small percentage of rejects for stale shares.  However, when I tried to use Genesis Mining's v5.5.5, I got 100% rejects on NiceHash's Cryptonight server.       --scryptr

thanks scryptr!

I get 100% rejects with v5.5.5 Linux.

Will try the v5.5.5-4 !
Activity: 120
I cannot for the life of me get the nicehash version working on linux. The app launches and it is running, but nothing is being submitted...
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Im trying to use sgminer ethash with mixed gpus on win 10 pro and sgminer only builds a bin for Hawaii I tried to start sgminer by choosing my Tahiti or 270 and it still doesn't build a bin for them  
the only solution I've figured is two instances with enumerated devices in each config.

Thanks for the suggestion Im going to try it but a few post above said eth trouble mining with 16.6 drivers and this stupid win 10 pro keeps updating to 16.6 as soon as i plug the internet back in I have disabled it not to but it still does Im thinking of going back to win 7 I never had any of these problems Thank You
legendary

EDIT:  How many rejects are you getting?  I do get a small percentage of rejects for stale shares.  However, when I tried to use Genesis Mining's v5.5.5, I got 100% rejects on NiceHash's Cryptonight server.       --scryptr

EDIT:  Please note that I am editing this post in September 2017!

I am now using NiceHash v5.5.5-8 of SGminer-GM, and have been for months.  CryptoNight algo is currently the top earner on WhatToMine, and my rigs are mining away on NiceHash.  TO SOLVE THE STALE SHARE PROBLEM: Be sure to include the " "no-submit-stale": true, " line in your configuration. Skip the extra, outside quote marks of course, they were used only for English grammar concerns.

My rigs run at less than half the wattage mining CryptoNight that the same rigs require when mining Equihash.       --scryptr
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 185
tried to compile myself
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/admin/sgminer-gm/sph'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/admin/sgminer-gm'
 CC     sgminer-sgminer.o
gcc.exe: error: @CPPFLAG_CURL_STATICLIB@: No such file or directory

make[2]: *** [sgminer-sgminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/admin/sgminer-gm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/admin/sgminer-gm'
make: *** [all] Error 2
omg  Cry

Compiling for Windows or Linux?
exe for win/MinGW-x32

Okay, you don't have your correct dependencies installed. Let me just update the main post with the fixed Windows executable, then I'll help you.

EDIT: Okay!

So dependencies are:

+ libjansson
+ ADL headers
+ OpenCL
+ cURL
+ ncurses
+ AMD ADL SDK
+ AMD App SDK - a Windows specific dependency.

You're going to need a Windows version of static libcurl, which you need to build yourself. libcurl requires zlib, so you'll need a Windows version of that, too. And pdcurses.

Was this resolved and if so, how? I am having the same problem following the build instructions for Mingw.  I believe the problem is related to libcurl, which is no longer available for download as per the instructions.

Thanks.
legendary
INTERESTING ROADMAP/TIMELINE--

Wolf0 gave readers a look at the latest XMR hashrate (unreleased) in Claymore's Zcash thread.  It is approaching 800H/s per 470, or better. Should we expect a release sometime in February?

I am currently running NiceHash modified sgminer-gm 5.5.5-4, mining CryptoNight with a 6-card 4GB GTX 460 rig.  The cards get 322-25 H/s each, stock clocks.  The rig has been mining for more than a week without crashing, great!  Will the next Genesis Mining release incorporate the NiceHash modifications?

Hope that you will reply.  Thank you for the excellent code!      --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
nicehash

how i can mining LBRY with these miner
any details
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Fresh 16.60 driver is still incompatible with eth mining.
While 16.40 works ok.

UPD:
Looked through the roadmap and realized that devs going really well. But it seems that more contributing from the community needed.

+### December, 2016
+
++ Integrate optimized kernels for AES, Shabal, Groestl and Echo.
++ Performance increases for ZCash, and XMR.
++ Bug Fixes.
+
+### January, 2017
+
++ Integrate optimized kernels for Cubehash, Fugue, Hamsi.
++ Integrate HODLCoin, Espers and LBRY.
++ Look into integrating community requests.
+
+### February, 2017
+
++ Integrate optimized kernels for JH, Luffa, Shavite.
++ Performance increases for various miners.
++ Integrate control and finetuning for voltage control and memory control for GPUs.
++ Add CPU mining
+
+### March, 2017
+
++ Integrate optimized kernels for SIMD, Skein, Whirlpool.
++ Performance increases and bug fixes.
++ Slow rewrite of SGMiner, replacing else/if statements with function pointers (in scanhash_opencl) and removing the various goto statements.
+
+### April, 2017
+
++ Create an updated manual for SGMiner-GM, including a detailed walkthrough of setting it up on various systems (Arch Linux, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, PiMP and EthOS).
++ Addition of a GUI for those who prefer it.
++ Performance increases for various kernels and coins.

Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Does somebody tested it with r9 390?
What is cryptonight hashrate?

Not having problems with r9 390 or r9 380 ... seperately.

But i have no chance in hell of running them mixed. No idea why.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
- gpu-powertune NEEDS to be removed from your configuration file if you're not using kernel 4.9 or later.

How you guys useing Kernel 4.9 with amdgpu-pro drivers ?  It's not supported, even with the latest 16.50 kernel installation fails with newer kernel than 4.4 ?
And as far as i know amdgpu-pro is the only driver with opencl support for linux ?

I'm using 4.9 - on Arch. All you need from AMDGPU-PRO is the opencl libs - the rest is useless.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Does somebody tested it with r9 390?
What is cryptonight hashrate?
It was interesting that dashminerpool noted "gm-sgminer": http://dashminer.com/quickstart/

Greater acceptance seems to be a matter of time.
Pages:
Jump to: